Football Manager 2017 was released on Steam for PC on 4 November. The series has been successful over the years but this year, we can all say that the release was a disaster. Currently, the game has about 1700 Negative reviews on Steam and players are complaining about everything.
In the community hub of the game, players are complaining about Football Manager 2017 errors. The most common errors are Crashes, Game Not Starting and Black Screen. Most of this issues are making the game unplayable and users are getting angry.
Players are also complaining that they don’t see any improvement in the game and they say that the game is less enjoyable because nothing is fixed with the game engine except the new camera view and the crowd, that looks a little better. It seems that the core aspects of the game remain the same.
If you are one of the guys that are complaining about issues let’s go ahead and fix them! First, make sure that you meet the minimum system requirements of the game, you can find them below. If everything is ok with your PC go ahead and find your error in the list below.
- OS: Windows Vista (SP2), 7 (SP1), 8, 8.1, 10 (1607) – 64-bit or 32-bit
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4, Intel Core or AMD Athlon – 2.2 GHz +
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: Intel GMA X3100, NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT or AMD/ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400 – 256MB VRAM
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Storage: 3 GB available space
Football Manager 2017 Errors:
Here you can find the most common Football Manager 2017 issues that are making the game unplayable and a lot of players angry. For each issue, you will find a workaround or solution on how to fix it. If you don’t know how to apply a workaround you can contact us on our Support Page here and someone from our team will help you fix your game!
#1 Football Manager 2017 Crashes
For some players, the game will crash at startup or randomly while playing a match. Most of them are complaining about random crashes because they are unable to save the game and they lose all the progress. If you are one of these players follow the solution below to fix this issue.
Before applying our solution and fixing your issue, make sure that you apply the tips below.
- Remove any custom graphics, logos or skins
- For Crash Dump on Start:
If you receive a crash dump on game launch, please bear in mind a crash dump is the generic response for any type of crash – deleting the crash dump file will not help. There are a few troubleshooting techniques we suggest you undertake in order to get the game running.Normally a crash dump on game start is related to a system or conflicting error, so we suggest the following steps to be completed in the following order:- Make sure your Graphics Card drivers and installed and fully up to date
– If running on a laptop with dual graphics cards, make sure they are configured for the correct card to run with FM
– Make sure your Anti-Virus isn’t interfering with Steam or FM as this can cause problems when installing or launching the game
– Make sure your Windows Updates, DirectX and Net Framework are installed and up to date
Solution: To fix the startup or random game crashes you need to apply our patch to your game. For more details go to the end of the post!
#2 Football Manager 2017 Has Run Out of Memory
- First of all, if you’re running any custom graphics, logos, skins or other add-ons, please remove these for the time-being.
- Delete Cache
- Delete Preference
- Reverify Cache
- Then try the game again
If after doing all of the above, you’re still encountering issues, go to the following screen:
- FM -> Add/Remove Leagues
- See how many players are loading in your game
- If the total is over 70,000 players and you’re running on a 32-bit Operating System you are over the recommended amount and your game cannot support that many players.
#3 Football Manager 2017 Not Starting
Some players are unable to start the game, when they click the Play button in the Steam Library nothing happens and the game doesn’t show up. To fix this issue and start FM 17 go ahead and apply the workaround below. If nothing changes you need to use our solution and after that, you will be able to star the game.
- Go to the following location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017
- Right-Click on the FM.exe
- Click ‘Run as Administrator’
Best Solution: The best solution to fix this issue and start your game is to apply our patch. You can find more details at the end of the post!
#4 Football Manager 2017 Black Screen
A quick way to fix the black screen issue is to apply the following workaround. If this won’t help you, follow the best solution below
- Open Steam and access your Games Library
- Right-click on Football Manager 2017 -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options
- Type this in the box: –no_exclusive_fullscreen
- Click on OK, close the window and launch FM17 through Steam
This will enable the game to launch in maximum borderless windowed mode and you should no longer encounter the issue.
Best Solution for Black Screen: The best solution to fix the black screen issue is to apply our patch to your game. You can find more details and a tutorial on how to do that below!
Fix Football Manger 2017 Errors Tutorial:
*Only for Random&Startup Crashes, Not Starting and Black Screen
So the new entry in the Football Manger series is now available and you are unable to play it because of annoying issues and bugs? Don’t worry, our team will help you fix your game and you will play it and start experiencing the new CoD world.
You are here because you probably encounter one of these issues: your game is not starting, you encounter crashes r or a black screen. If you have one of this issues, don’t worry anymore because now you can fix them by applying our patch and following the steps below. So just sit back, relax, follow the tutorial and in maximum 10 minutes, you will be playing the new FM17!
You are probably wondering what is this patch and how does it work, right? Well, our patch is developed by our team, we are a few gaming enthusiasts with a passion for coding and by doing this we are trying to help the gamers community. We know that you paid quite a lot of money for your game and not being able to play it it’s just annoying.
Our patch will change some files and registry .dll’s in the game folder and it will also optimize your Windows for best performance. It will help you get the latest graphic card driver, that works with Football Manager 2017. (Please Note: our patch won’t interfere by any means with your Steam account, you will be safe the whole time!)
Below you can find an image on how the patch looks like and also a tutorial on how to properly use it. Please follow the tutorial step by step to make sure that you apply the patch correctly to your game. If you are not sure about some things please contact our support team. You will find the download link in the first step of the tutorial!
To make sure that you apply the patch correctly to your game please follow the tutorial below step by step. If you are not sure about something just ask us, our Support Team answers in a matter of minutes.
How to apply our patch:
- Download the archive of the patch from here: download
- Extract the downloaded archive on your PC, and open the patch from the folder.
- Your GPU will be selected automatically, make sure that you use your dedicated GPU if you have a laptop!
- Select the game executable from the game folder, if you used the default Origin install folder it should be: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2017″.
- Select your issue or issues from the box to the right and click the corresponding “Fix” button.
- After your errors are successfully fixed, you can click the “Launch Game” button and play the game.
How to download: Well, you might think that our download service is pretty annoying but is very effective. To download you just need to complete a simple offer, it usually takes a few minutes, and after that, you will be able to download the patch. We use this service because it’s the only way to support our developers and to keep releasing and updating patches for games. Thank you! We hope you understand us and have fun playing FM17!
Let’s hope that by now you managed to fix all your Football Manager 2017 errors and issues and that you are enjoying the game. If you still encounter some issues, and you are unable to fix them, or you don’t know how to apply our patch, please comment below or open a Support ticket on our support page. After that, a member of our team will help you as soon as possible to fix your error so you can enjoy your game.–GamesErrors Team