Grand Ages: Medieval is a new strategy game that was released on Steam yesterday and interested many players because of its gigantic game world of over 20 million square kilometers. Maybe because the game is so big some issues and errors were inevitable, and the game got some pretty bad reviews since the launch yesterday. The most common Grand Ages: Medieval errors that players reported on the Steam’s Dashboard are: Game Won’t Start, Lag, Freezes, Login Error and Crashes.
Check this errors in detail below or skip to our solutions on how to fix them and play the game.
How to fix Grand Ages: Medieval Errors:
1) Grand Ages: Medieval Game Won’t Start, some players reported that when they click the Play button in Steam nothing happens and the game won’t launch, or they get a black screen for a second, and then the game closes.
“Whenever I want to launch the game it simply does not work. There are no errors being shown, and when looking at my process monitor, it does not seem to open a process either. Is anyone else having problems with launching the game on Steamworks?”
“Yes, it seems I have the same problem: a black screen for a second, then it crashes, and the console displays nothing except “game removed” (and one time a “segfault (core dump)”
Solution: Follow our tutorial at the end of the post to fix this issue or try the workarounds below.
To solve your problem, please try to download and install the following links:
Net Framework 4.5.1
Visual C++ Redistributable 2010 (ATTENTION: only for 32Bit Operating Systems)
Visual C++ Redistributable 2010 (ATTENTION: only for 64Bit Operating Systems)
If this proposed solution does not work, please try to fix this error on the Microsoft-supplied NetFramework repair tool.
We suggest to run the game as admin by rightclick-> run as administrator and in Windows 7 compatibility mode.
Step by step instructions:
– Right click the game in your library and select properties
– Click on the “local files” tab and then on the browse local files button
– Right click GrandAgesMedieval.exe and select properties
– Click the Compatibility tab and then tick the box labeled “Run this program in compatibility mode for.”
– Select Windows 7
– Tick the box below “Run this program as administrator.”
– Click on “OK” to apply the changes and start the game with double click on the GrandAgesMedieval.exe.
2) Grand Ages: Medieval Freezes/Lag, for some users the game freezes when they get to the loading screen menu or in the game, and for some the game has lag and fps drops.
“Anyone else have this problem? Am I just impatient and not waiting long enough? I get to the loading menu screen, the progress bar at the bottom completes, but the game freezes on that page and does not go further.”
Solution: To fix the performances issues of the game like freezes and lag you need to select the FPS options in our patch and click on Fix.
3) Grand Ages: Medieval Login Error, this error is the most common error that players reported, they encounter an error saying “The User …. could not be logged in” and they are unable to play the game.
“I recently shared games with a friend tried the game liked it so I bought it and now when I start it says his name could not log in and also when I click multiplayer it says the same thing.”
“When I start the game, i get a login error saying “The User Leon Vasseolios could not be logged in” And an ok button, but it doesn’t work!!!!! Any ideas on what could be the problem?”
Solution: You can use our patch or you can use the workaround below.
Make sure to install the links, as described above, for the Kalypso Launcher problems, and that you can log in at the launcher.
Then add the GrandAgesMedieval.exe and the Appdata.exe to the exceptions of your firewall and the exceptions of your antivirus program.
By default, the mentioned files are located in the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Ages Medieval
If you are still not able to log in, try the following:
Follow this path: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and open the “hosts” file with the editor.
Delete every line; that mentions Kalypso Media or one of our games.
Now save the file and try again.
4) Grand Ages: Medieval Crashes, there seems to be a bug in the campaign when players try to zoom out or zoom in and their game crashes.
“My Game always crashes when I zoom out in the first steps of the Campaign.”
“Hey, people.Every time when I start the campaign and try to do the basic controls the game crashes when I try to zoom in or out.Anyone got a solution for this?”
Solution: Follow the tutorial below to fix the game crashes, either random or at startup.
Grand Ages: Medieval Tutorial to Fix Major Issues:
Our team of developers managed to release a patch that helps you fix the errors described above. You can see how our patch looks like below, where you can also find a tutorial on how to use it and a download link. Please follow the tutorial step by step before asking any questions regarding your issues. Our patch won’t interfere with your Steam account, it will just change some files and .dll in the game folder in order for the errors to be fixed.
Follow the tutorial below to apply the patch correctly to your game.
How to apply our patch:
- Download the archive of the patch from here: download
- Extract the downloaded archive on your PC, and open the patch from the folder.
- Your GPU will be selected automatically, make sure that you use your dedicated GPU if you have a laptop!
- Select the game executable from the game folder, if you used the default install folder it should be: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\Grand Ages: Medieval”
- Select your issue or issues from the box to the right and click the corresponding “Fix” button.
- After your errors are successfully fixed you can click the “Launch Game” button and play the game.
How to download: Well, you might think that our download service is pretty annoying but is very effective. To download you just need to complete a simple offer, it usually takes a few minutes, and after that, you will be able to download the patch. We use this service because is the only way to support our developers and to keep releasing and updating patches for games. Thank you! We hope you understand us and have fun playing Grand Ages: Medieval!
We hope that our solutions helped you fix your Grand Ages: Medieval errors and that now you are enjoying the game. If you have any questions or if you encounter other errors, please comment below and we will help you fix your game.