The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition Crashing [Fixed]
Try the most working solutions to fix if The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition is crashing ✅
Is The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition crashing on your PC? Don’t worry. We have the solution you can try to resolve this problem.
The award-winning RPG game The Outer Worlds’ new version, the Spacer’s Choice Edition, has many elements to attract gamers. It also may have some issues which may make you feel down. If it crashes with or without showing errors, it will completely destroy your gaming experience.
Why does the Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition keeps crashing on my PC?
- Outdated or missing gaming components: Some components, like DirectX runtime and Visual C++, can become corrupted or missing. In this case, the game may crash.
- Problematic GPU driver: Outdated graphics card drivers also can be the root of the problem.
- Third-party app: Some third-party apps, like your antivirus program, can affect the game’s performance and cause The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice edition’s crashing issues.
- System file problems: Corrupted system files don’t let Windows operate smoothly, which also can be the root of crashing issues with this game.
How do I fix The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition crashing problem?
Before getting started, we suggest you do these quick things:
- Make sure your PC meets the system requirements of the Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition.
- Disable your antivirus and firewall.
- Download DirectX Runtime and Visual C++ Redistributables and install them on your PC.
Now, follow these methods to solve the crashing problem with this game:
- Update the graphics card driver
- Run the game as an administrator
- Clear shader cache
- Repair the game files
- Reinstall the graphics card driver
- Disable shader cache
- Uninstall problematic apps
- Clean boot
- Run the SFC command
1. Update the graphics card driver
- Press Win + X and go to Device Manager.
- Double-click on Display adapters to expand it.
- Right-click on the display driver, and choose Update driver.
- Choose Search automatically for drivers and complete the update.
We recommend you use DriverFix to update the graphics card driver to fix The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition crashing problem. This tool is more powerful and accurate in updating and finding outdated drivers on Windows 11 and 10.
2. Run the game as an administrator
- Open Steam and go to the game library.
- Right-click on The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice, hover your mouse cursor on Manage, and click on Browse local files.
- Right-click on the EXE file of this game and go to its Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Check Run this program as an administrator.
- Click on Apply and OK.
3. Clear shader cache
- Press Win + I to go to Windows settings.
- Go to System and click on Storage.
- Click on Temporary files.
- Tick DirectX Shader Cache, and uncheck every other option.
- Click on Remove files.
4. Repair the game files
- Go to the Steam game library again.
- Right-click on The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice, and click on Properties.
- Navigate to the Local Files.
- Click on Verify integrity of game files.
- Wait for a while to finish the process.
5. Reinstall the graphics card driver
Time needed: 5 minutes.
When other methods may fail, reinstalling the graphics card driver can fix this problem.
- Open the Device Manager.
- Expand Display Adapter.
- Right-click on the display driver and click on Uninstall.
- Tick Attempt to remove the driver for this device and click on Uninstall.
- After uninstalling, restart your PC.
- Depending on the graphics card model, visit AMD, Intel, or NVIDIA driver download page.
- Choose the GPU model and click on Search.
- Download the correct driver.
- Install it on your PC.
6. Disable shader cache
- Open NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Navigate to Manage 3D Settings.
- Set the Shader Cache Size to Disabled.
- Click on Apply.
7. Uninstall problematic apps
- Open Windows Settings like before.
- Go to Apps and click on Installed apps.
- Click on the three horizontal dots next to the preferred app and click on Uninstall.
Uninstall any Geforce Experience, MSI Afterburner, or Game Booster, if necessary, your antivirus in this way. Then see if it has solved the crashing problem or not.
8. Clean boot
- Press Win + R on the keyboard to open Run.
- Type msconfig, and click on OK.
- Go to the Services tab.
- Tick Hide all Microsoft Services and then click on Disable all.
- Click on Apply and OK.
- Restart your PC.
9. Run the SFC command
- Press Win + X on the keyboard and go to Terminal(Admin).
- Type the following command and hit Enter to execute it:
- Restart your PC.
Now, run The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition and see if it still crashes or not.
If none of these work, you can reinstall the game. Also, consider reinstalling Steam or Epic Games Launcher, depending on whatever you are using. You also should update Windows to the latest version to see if it helps.
You also can check out this guide on how to stop any games from crashing.
These are the most effective ways to fix The Outer Worlds: Spacer’s Choice Edition crashing problem. If you have any questions or opinions, feel free to write them down in the comment box.
If you encounter any issues or errors while playing your favorite games and require support, feel free to contact us here. Our team is always ready to assist you and ensure your gaming experience is seamless and enjoyable.