After Us Won’t Launch: Most Effective Troubleshooting Steps
Clear Steam cache and follow these tips to solve After Us not launching problem on your PC ✅
If something is not right, the After Us won’t launch on your PC. But tweaking the right things can help to overcome this problem.
You will play as the Spirit of Life in this new platformer adventure game. In this title, you will find aesthetic and visually stunning platformer environments with excellent gameplay elements. The storyline is also incredible. But you will miss the whole thing if you cannot run After Us on your device.
Why is After Us not opening on my PC?
Usually, the After Us will not run on Windows if your PC is going through the following things:
- Third-party services problem: Antivirus or firewall, or other third-party services may be the reason why you are unable to open After Us on your device.
- Problem with the GPU driver: Faulty graphics driver also can prevent this game from launching.
- Not fulfilling system requirements: If your PC specifications are not up to the mark, After Us may not launch.
- Corrupted components: Corrupted and problematic components related to After Us also may trigger this problem.
How can I fix After Us won’t launch?
Before you take any key steps to fix this problem, we suggest you check the system requirements of After Us. If your PC is capable, do these quick things:
- Disable your antivirus temporarily and make sure that Steam is up to date.
- Enable high-performance mode.
- Try to run this platformer game as an administrator to see whether it works or not.
- Confirm that your PC doesn’t have any disk-related problems.
Then, you can proceed to the following methods if After Us is still not launching on your PC:
- Update the GPU driver
- Clear Steam cache
- Install/update game components
- Repair the game files
- Run in clean boot
1. Update the GPU driver
- Open the Start Menu, type Device Manager, and then press Enter.
- Double-click on the Display adapters to expand it.
- Right-click on the GPU driver, and click on Update driver.
- Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- Finish the process.
DriverFix is the best option to update a graphics driver on a Windows 11 or 10 PC. This tool can find and install the most compatible version of the driver on your computer. As a result, you will have a better gaming experience.
2. Clear Steam cache
Time needed: 2 minutes.
Clearing the download cache on Steam is a very effective way to fix After Us won’t launch.
3. Install/update game components
In case the required libraries are missing or corrupted on your PC, After Us may not launch. In this situation, you should follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables download page.
- Download the package for X64 architecture.
- Install it on your PC.
- Similarly, install the DirectX Runtime.
- Restart your PC.
4. Repair the game files
After Us may not run because of corrupted game files on the installation directory. So, take the following steps to repair these files and fix the problem you are currently encountering:
- Go to the Steam game library.
- Right-click on After Us and then go to Properties.
- Go to the Local Files tab.
- Click on Verify integrity of game files.
- Give it some time to finish the process.
5. Run in clean boot
Clean boot will help to identify if any third-party service is the root of this issue. So, do the following things:
- Press Win + R on the keyboard to open Run.
- Type msconfig and hit Enter.
- Go to the Services tab.
- Check Hide all Microsoft services and then click on Disable all.
- Click on Apply and OK.
Now, try to launch After Us and see if it works. If yes, it means there is a third-party service behind this problem. So, open the msconfig (System Configuration) window again. Then, enable a third-party service and restart your PC. Then, relaunch the game.
In this way, enable the services one by one until you reencounter the problem. Then, uninstall the problematic third-party service from your PC and boot into normal mode.
Are you still unable to open After Us? Try these solutions as well:
- Re-install the game on a different drive.
- Update Windows to the latest version.
- Uninstall any cheating tools.
- Reset Windows.
If necessary, learn how to fix After Us crashing.
You have learned what to do when After Us won’t launch on your PC. If you have any opinion, write it in the comment box.
If you encounter any issues or errors while playing your favorite games and require support, feel free to contact us here. Our team is always ready to assist you and ensure your gaming experience is seamless and enjoyable.