Amnesia: The Bunker Stuck on Loading Screen: How to Fix
Update display driver, repair game files and common disk issues and follow these methods to solve infinite loading screen on Amnesia: The Bunker 🎯
When your PC or the game settings or files have some problems, Amnesia: The Bunker may get stuck on the loading screen. Though it’s not a complex issue, still some technical solutions are necessary to fix this problem.
Like many other modern games, this horror title is not very resource hungry. Still, gamers may face various issues like infinite loading screen problems. If you can tweak the right things, this freezing issue will go away from Amnesia: The Bunker.
What causes the infinite loading screen problem on Amnesia: The Bunker?
If you see that Amnesia The Bunker is taking forever to load, it’s because of the following reasons:
- System requirements: If your PC doesn’t have the necessary capable hardware, Amnesia: The Bunker will crash or get stuck while loading.
- GPU driver: Outdated or incompatible GPU driver can dramatically decrease your graphics card’s capability, which is a common reason behind this type of problem.
- Third-party services: Some antivirus and firewalls, and other background services can also create this situation while trying to load the gameplay.
- Slow disk performance: Slow or problematic disk drive is another common reason why this horror game, Amnesia: The Bunker, may take an infinite amount of time to load.
How do I fix Amnesia: The Bunker stuck on the loading screen?
Before going through the main troubleshooting methods, we recommend the following quick steps to finish:
- Confirm that Amnesia: The Bunker’s system requirements are fully compatible with your PC.
- Disable your antivirus and firewall.
- Install DirectX Runtime and Visual C++ redistributable packages and then restart your PC.
Now, try the following methods to fix the infinite loading screen on Amnesia: The Bunker:
- Update the video driver
- Enable the best performance mode
- Repair Amnesia: The Bunker
- Repair common disk issues
- Delete the locally saved game files
- Run in clean boot
1. Update the video driver
Time needed: 2 minutes
If you notice that Amnesia: The Bunker is stuck on the loading screen, update your graphics card driver before doing anything else. It may solve the problem.
To update your GPU driver, you should use a tool like Outbyte Driver Updater. This small app is very powerful in finding the best compatible driver for your graphics card. It helps to avoid various gaming-related problems on a Windows 11 or 10 PC.
2. Enable the best performance mode
- Open the Windows Settings by pressing Win + I on the keyboard.
- Go to System and click on Power.
- Set the Power mode to Best performance.
- Restart your PC.
3. Repair Amnesia: The Bunker
- Open Steam.
- Go to the game library.
- Right-click on Amnesia: The Bunker and then click on Properties.
- Go to the Local Files tab.
- Click on Verify integrity of game files.
- Give it some time to finish the process.
If you use Epic Games Launcher, you should also see a repair option for this game.
4. Repair common disk issues
To fix the infinite loading screen problem in this game, repairing the disk drive is another excellent method you can try. Here are the steps to follow:
- Press Win + E to open File Explorer.
- Go to This PC.
- Right-click on the disk drive where you have installed the title and then click on Properties.
- Navigate to the Tools tab.
- Click on Check.
- Next, click on Scan drive.
- Give it some time to finish the process.
5. Delete the locally saved game files
If the locally saved files get corrupted, Amnesia: The Bunker may get stuck while loading. To fix it, you can consider deleting these files by going through the following steps:
- Close the game and Steam.
- Open the File Explorer like before.
- Go to Documents.
- Then, navigate to the My Games directory.
- Then, delete Amnesia The Bunker folder.
- Relaunch the game.
6. Run in clean boot
- Press Win + R to open the Run.
- Type msconfig and hit Enter.
- Go to the Services tab.
- Check Hide all Microsoft services and then click on Disable all.
- Then, click on Apply and OK.
- At last, restart your computer to enable Clean Boot mode.
In this mode, run Amnesia: The Bunker and see if the problem exists. If not, it means a third-party background service is the culprit. Try to find and uninstall it.
You may still experience the same problem. In this situation, try these fixes:
- Re-install the game on an SSD.
- Update Windows to the latest version.
- Disable any type of in-game overlays.
This article has explained what to do If Amnesia: The Bunker gets stuck on the loading screen. Let us know in the comment box if you have any better suggestions.
If you encounter any issues or errors while playing your favorite games and require support, feel free to contact us here. Our team is always ready to assist you and ensure your gaming experience is seamless and enjoyable.