Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty Stuck On Loading Screen [Fixed]
Are Cyberpunk 2077's Phantom Liberty stuck on the loading screen? Check out our guide to fix this problem. 😎
Suppose you are experiencing difficulties with Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty becoming stuck on a loading screen. In that case, there are several methods you can employ on your computer to ensure that the new Cyberpunk 2077 DLC loads smoothly and without delay.
Why is Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty stuck on the loading screen?
Here are some key factors that contribute to Phantom Liberty becoming stuck on a loading screen:
- Your PC doesn’t meet the minimum/recommended game requirements.
- Temporary issues on your PC.
- Outdated GPU driver, the game, or Windows OS.
- Corrupted or missing game files.
- Too many background processes.
- Firewall and antivirus blocking the game.
- Unnecessary startup services.
How to fix it if Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty is stuck on the loading screen?
Before we get into anything complex, doing a few prechecks is a good idea:
- Confirm that your PC meets the minimum system requirements to run Phantom Liberty.
- Restart your PC to eliminate any temporary glitches.
- Close any unnecessary background apps.
- Ensure sufficient storage space on your disk where the game is installed.
If, after preliminary steps, Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty is still stuck on the loading screen, do the following:
- Update your GPU driver
- Temporarily disable antivirus and firewall
- Repair system files
- Clear game client cache
- Disable in-game overlay
1. Update your GPU driver
Time needed: 5 minutes
If you’re experiencing an issue with the loading screen in Phantom Liberty, consider updating your GPU driver. Follow these steps to update it manually through Device Manager.
- Right-click on the Start and select Device Manager.
- Double-click on the Display adapters to expand.
Right-click on your GPU, and choose Update driver.
- Follow the on-screen guide for installing the latest GPU driver version.
If you find updating your computer’s drivers time-consuming, try Outbyte Driver Updater. It automatically updates your drivers, saving time and hassle with its user-friendly and advanced features.
⇒ Get Outbyte Driver Updater
2. Temporarily disable antivirus and firewall
Disabling your firewall and antivirus temporarily can effectively address Cyberpunk 2077 loading problems. Just remember to turn your security software back on after troubleshooting.
1. Press the Win + R keys to launch the Run dialog box.
2. Type; “firewall.cpl” and press Enter.
3. Click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
4. Click on the Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall. Confirm changes on the OK button.
5. Relaunch the Run dialog box.
6. Type; “windowsdefender:” and press Enter.
7. Select a Virus & Treat protection and then Manage settings.
8. Disable Real-time protection.
3. Repair system files
Fix Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty loading issues using the SFC (System File Checker) tool to scan and repair corrupted system files on your drive.
1. Type cmd in the search bar to find a Command Prompt.
2. Right-click on the Command Prompt in the search result and select Run as administrator.
3. Type; “sfc /scannow” in the Command Prompt and press Enter.
4. Wait a few minutes for SFC to scan and recover any corrupted or missing system files.
5. Reboot your PC and launch Phantom Liberty to check if the stuck issue is gone.
4. Clear game client cache
If Phantom Liberty is stuck on the loading screen, it could be due to corrupted game caches. Clearing the game launcher cache may solve this issue.
1. Open the Steam client, and from the main menu, choose Steam>Settings.
2. Select Downloads and click on the button Clear Download Cache.
3. Confirm the action and relaunch the Steam client.
4. Launch the game and check if the issue is gone.
5. Disable in-game overlay
If you’re experiencing loading issues with Phantom Liberty, try disabling overlays from Steam, Discord, Xbox Game Bar, and your NVIDIA or AMD drivers.
👉Disable the Steam overlay
1. Open the Steam client and choose the Steam>Settings option.
2. Click the In Game tab and disable Enable Steam Overlay while in-game.
👉Disable the Xbox Game Bar
1. Right-click on Windows Start and choose the Settings option.
2. Click on the Gaming section.
3. Ensure that the Xbox Game Bar toggle is OFF.
👉Disable Discord overlay
1. Open Discord and click the gear icon (User settings).
2. Select the Game Overlay option and then toggle off Enable in-game overlay.
Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty is still stuck on the loading screen? Here are additional options to consider:
- Verify and repair game files.
- Update the game and Windows OS to the latest version.
- Update DirectX, .NET Framework, and VCRedist.
- Reduce the in-game graphic details to medium or low.
- Perform clean boot.
- Reinstall the game in a different folder or disk (prefer SSD).
- Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty Crashing
- Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty Won’t Launch
- Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty Low FPS
If you’re experiencing difficulty with Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty being stuck on the loading screen, ensure that your PC meets the game’s requirements and reset your system. Verifying that the game and Windows OS are up-to-date with the latest GPU driver is also important. Consider temporarily disabling any security software, clearing the game cache, repairing system files, or turning off the overlay feature if necessary. However, If you have any additional questions or suggestions, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.