Fatal Frame Mask of the Lunar Eclipse Low FPS: How to Fix
Try these fixes if you notice frame dropping issues on Fatal Frame Mask of the Lunar Eclipse ✅
Low FPS problem with Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse may occur on your PC. If it happens, you can take some effective steps which will improve the performance dramatically.
Unlike other modern games, the Fatal Frame series is not a very system-resource-demanding game. You can play it with an older DirectX 11-compatible graphics card.
However, the frame rate may still drop, and performance becomes unstable. It’s enough to ruin your excitement for this horror survival adventure title.
Why is performance dropping on Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse?
The followings are the most common reasons if you experience random frame rate dropping, stuttering, and poor performance issue with Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse:
- System requirements: Even though this Fatal Frame/Project Zero game is not resource hungry, still your PC may not have all the required specs. It may be the root of this low FPS problem.
- Graphics driver problem: Game performance and FPS depends on the graphics card. A graphics card’s performance depends on the driver. You may face poor performance issues if that driver is buggy or outdated.
- Wrong configuration: Improper settings on your PC and the game may trigger stuttering and low frame rate problems on Mask of the Lunar Eclipse.
- A known issue: With a newer game, this type of problem may occur with the very first versions.
How do I fix the Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse low FPS problem?
First, ensure the following things:
- Make sure that your PC has recommended specifications for the Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse.
- Ensure that game mode is enabled and also enable the high-performance mode if it is a laptop.
- Close any additional services and apps completely.
Now, you can go through these methods to troubleshoot Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse:
- Update GPU driver
- Disable fullscreen optimization
- Roll back the GPU driver
- Update the GPU driver
- Tweak the graphics settings
- Repair the game files
- Install the latest patch
1. Update GPU driver
Time needed: 3 minutes
To increase the frame rate on this game, updating the GPU driver is the first and most effective solution.
We strongly suggest you use Outbyte Driver Updater to update the graphics card driver. This tool has a more extensive database than the device manager. As a result, it can find the updated version of the compatible driver for your PC more accurately.
⇒ Get Outbyte Driver Updater
2. Disable fullscreen optimization
- Go to the game installation directory.
- Right-click on the EXE file of the game and go to its Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Check Disable fullscreen optimization.
- Click on Apply and OK.
3. Roll back the GPU driver
If you are getting the problem after a recent driver update, you should roll back it to the previous version to fix the Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse low FPS problem. For this, follow these steps:
- Open the Device Manager like the first method.
- Right-click on the GPU driver and go to Properties.
- Navigate to the Driver tab.
- Click on Roll Back Driver.
- Follow any on-screen steps to complete the rollback process.
4. Reinstall the GPU driver
4.1 Uninstall the driver
- Go to the Windows Device Manager.
- Right-click on the GPU driver and click on Uninstall.
- Tick the box next to the Attempt to remove the driver for this device and click on Uninstall.
- Restart Windows.
4.2 Install again
- Visit AMD, Intel, or NVIDIA driver download page.
- Select your GPU model and then click on the Search button.
- Download the driver.
- Install it on your PC.
5. Tweak the graphics settings
- Open NVIDIA Control Panel or other similar tools depending on your GPU chipset.
- Navigate to the Manage 3D settings and click on Program Settings.
- Select Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse from the dropdown list. If it’s not on the list, manually add it.
- Find the Vertical sync and turn it off.
- Set Power management mode to Prefer maximum performance.
- Also, set Texture Filtering – Quality to Performance.
- Set the Max Frame Rate to a higher one, like 60 FPS or 120 or anything suitable.
- Save the settings.
- Restart Windows.
It may boost the FPS on this new Fatal Frame game.
6. Repair the game files
- Go to your Steam game library on the desktop app.
- Right-click on Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse and then click on Properties.
- Navigate to the Local Files.
- Click on Verify integrity of game files.
Give it some time to finish the process. After that, play this horror game and see how it performs.
7. Install the latest patch
- Go to the Fatal Frame/Project Zero’s properties like the previous method.
- Go to the Updates tab.
- Change the Automatic Updates to High Priority – Always auto-update this game before others by clicking on the dropdown icon.
This method will help if the low-performance issue is a known problem with the current Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse version. Doing the above things will force Steam to update this game before any other things when a new patch is available.
During this period, we also suggest you update Windows to the latest version. If you notice the game stops working after a while, you can learn how to stop Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse from crashing on your PC.
This article has shown the ways to fix the Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse low FPS problem. In the comment box, you can tell us which method has worked for you.