American Truck Simulator errors were reported by a few players after the game launched this week. These players complained about game issues and bugs that are making the game unplayable.
“Experience legendary American trucks and deliver various cargoes across sunny California and sandy Nevada. American Truck Simulator takes you on a journey through the breathtaking landscapes and widely recognized landmarks around the States.”
The most common American Truck Simulator issues are Crashes, Game Not Starting and performance issues like Freezes and FPS problems. Below you can find these issues described and also solutions on how to fix them.
How to Fix American Truck Simulator Errors:
1) American Truck Simulator Crashes, for some players the game crashes at startup or randomly during gameplay. A few of them reported that the game crashes if they are playing with a gaming wheel. To fix this issue follow our tutorial at the end of the post.
“I wanted to play this game so much. But it is not playable for me, every time the crashes after one of 10 minutes! I play lots of ETS2 on high no problem! This game freezes and crashes on medium! I wanted to now of more people have this problem I can not believe that my PC isn’t good enough! I think the problem is the game!”
Solution: Make sure you have DirectX and Microsoft Visual C++ installed on your PC. Lastly, lower the in-game settings to get the game running. If you don’t want to do that you can follow our tutorial at the end of the post on how to apply our patch and fix the game crashes.
2) American Truck Simulator Not Starting, this is the most reported issue and it seems that some users are unable to start the game. When they click Play in Steam Library nothing happens or they encounter an error saying “American Truck Simulator can not access Steam Client”. To fix this issue take a look at our tutorial below and after that, you will be able to start the game.
“You’ll have to excuse me for the language I’m about to use. But I’ve spent 8 ♥♥♥♥ing hours trying to get this game to work. And I can’t. I have 64-bit windows OS…I have an AMD FX 8320 processor, and a super clocked GTX 960. Every ♥♥♥♥ing time I try to start this game. I get this stupid message here, http://imgur.com/0GbGyDG. I’ve tried everything from uninstalling both steam and ATS, and re-installing them, Verifying the integrity, and a system restart to no avail…I think you can understand why I’m a little ♥♥♥♥♥♥ when I paid $20 for a game expecting to be able to play it.”
“I purchased the game yesterday and I can’t seem to get it working. I`ve uninstalled and re-installed Steam, started it as administrator, deleted cache but with no results. I am trying to run the game under windows 7 32 bits. Need help !!!”
Solution: To solve this issue, simply start the game’s executable (amtrucks.exe) from the bin\winx_64 directory. If this won’t help you, check our patch at the end of the post.
3) American Truck Simulator Freezes, a few players encountered freezes during the game or bugs like stuttering and low fps from time to time. This error is simple to fix and you can follow the tutorial below to do that.
“I have a problem with ATS I drive my truck then the game just freezes completely the sound is still there and I can still steer my truck if I press CTRL ALT DELETE and goes into the game again it just a black screen? It happens I every 5-15 minutes!?!? Please help because I’m very hyped for this game and I can’t play.“
“For some reason every few seconds the game freezes for a split second and then is fine again, I’ve played around in the graphics settings but it doesn’t change, not game breaking but extremely annoying, ETS2 didn’t do this at all. Please help.”
Solution: If you encounter freezes or performance issues, you need to follow our guide below on how to fix the major issues of the game.
American Truck Simulator Guide to Fix Major Issues:
Our team of developers managed to release a patch that helps you fix the errors described above. You can see how our patch looks like below, where you can also find a tutorial on how to use it and a download link. Please follow the tutorial step by step before asking any questions regarding your issues. Our patch won’t interfere with your Steam account, it will just change some files and .dll in the game folder in order for the errors to be fixed.
Follow the tutorial below to apply the patch correctly to your game.
How to apply our patch:
- Download the archive of the patch from here: download
- Extract the downloaded archive on your PC, and open the patch from the folder.
- Your GPU will be selected automatically, make sure that you use your dedicated GPU if you have a laptop!
- Select the game executable from the game folder, if you used the default install folder it should be: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\American Truck Simulator”
- Select your issue or issues from the box to the right and click the corresponding “Fix” button.
- After your errors are successfully fixed you can click the “Launch Game” button and play the game.
How to download: Well, you might think that our download service is pretty annoying but is very effective. To download you just need to complete a simple offer, it usually takes a few minutes, and after that, you will be able to download the patch. We use this service because is the only way to support our developers and to keep releasing and updating patches for games. Thank you! We hope you understand us and have fun playing American Truck Simulator.
We hope that our tutorial helped you fix your American Truck Simulator errors and that now you are playing and enjoying the game. If you encounter any issues or if you have questions please use the comment section below and we will help you fix your game. – GamesErrors Team