Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen was released this week on Steam and by now the game received a lot of good reviews. Dark Arisen is a huge open world game in which players start a journey on epic adventures with three AI companions called Pawns. Although the game has good reviews players reported a few issues with the game and they are unable to play it. The most common Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen Errors reported are: Crashes, Low FPS, Device Errors, Black Screen and other minor bugs. Follow our tips below to fix these errors.
How to fix Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen Errors:
1) Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen Crashes, crashes to desktop or random crashes during the game were reported by a lot of users. To fix this issue follow the solution below.
“Anyone else getting random crashes? This is irritating me. I am getting crashes randomly while I play. It could be an hour after I start or 30 minutes in. I just crash randomly.”
“I’ve been experiencing random crashes at the loading screen of areas. There doesn’t seem to be any reason for it, and the game was working fine just a few hours ago. I don’t know if this is a problem other people are having.”
Solution: You can easily fix the crashes by applying our patch to your game, follow our tutorial at the end of the post to do that.
2) Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen Device Error, for some players the game does not start anymore, to fix this you need to make some changes to the configuration of the game:
- Open File Explorer
- In the address bar type %appdata% and here go to the game folder
- Delete config.ini file and now you can start the game
3) Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen Black Screen, some players might encounter a black screen at the start of the game or this error D3DERR_DEVICELOST: getDevice()->Reset(&d3dppm). To fix this follow the solution below:
“After installing, the game played fine, and I played for a total of 3 hrs. I decided to take a break, and after I had rested, I came back and ran the game. Once I ran the game, it gave me a black screen on the main menu.”
“Every time I launch the game, I get a black screen. I can hear the music playing and the sound of the menu, but all I see is a black screen.”
Solution: Follow the workaround below or use our patch for a definite fix, you can find it at the end of the post.
This issue is encountered mostly by the players with nVidia graphics card. To fix this you need to boost the Antialiasing, to do that follow the steps below:
- Go to nVidia Control Panel and here go to Inspector Settings
- Add the game .exe in the panel
- Now in the Inspector Settings you will see an entry with options for Antialiasing, go there and change them
- Refresh after making the changes and now you can play the game
4) Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen Low FPS, another major issue of the game is Low FPS or FPS Drops also some players encountered Stuttering.
“Anyone else having optimization issues with this game? I have everything set to low; I have 16GB of RAM, a GTX 980 and an i7 CPU but I can’t keep a solid framerate or even get it above 40fps, everything uncapped, etc.”
Solution: To fix the FPS issues in the game follow our tutorial at the end of the post.
5) Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen Black Borders, some players with uncommon resolutions might have some black borders on the game screen. To fix this follow the solution below:
“Playing at 1920×1200 (16:10). Wanting to know any methods of getting rid of the black borders. Thanks in advance!”
“The console version had hideous black borders top and bottom of screen, these I hope will be removed from the PC version!”
Solution: You can fix the black borderd in the game by following our tutorial below.
- Open the game folder
- Open config.ini
- set MainX to 0 and MainY to 0
- Save and now you can start the game
Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen Tutorial to Fix Major Issues:
Our team of developers managed to release a patch that helps you fix the errors described above. You can see how our patch looks like below, where you can also find a tutorial on how to use it and a download link. Please follow the tutorial step by step before asking any questions regarding your issues. Our patch won’t interfere with your Steam account, it will just change some files and .dll in the game folder in order for the errors to be fixed.
Follow the tutorial below to apply the patch correctly to your game.
How to apply our patch:
- Download the archive of the patch from here: download
- Extract the downloaded archive on your PC, and open the patch from the folder.
- Your GPU will be selected automatically, make sure that you use your dedicated GPU if you have a laptop!
- Select the game executable from the game folder, if you used the default install folder it should be: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen”
- Select your issue or issues from the box to the right and click the corresponding “Fix” button.
- After your errors are successfully fixed you can click the “Launch Game” button and play the game.
How to download: Well, you might think that our download service is pretty annoying but is very effective. To download you just need to complete a simple offer, it usually takes a few minutes, and after that, you will be able to download the patch. We use this service because is the only way to support our developers and to keep releasing and updating patches for games. Thank you! We hope you understand us and have fun playing Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen!
We hope that our tutorial helped you fix your Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen errors and that now you are playing and enjoying the game. If you have any questions about our tips, please comment below and we will help you fix your game! – GamesErrors Team