How to Fix Far Cry Not Launching [After Splash Screen]
Are you eager to play but Far Cry is not launching? Have a look on our practical fixes
This top-rated game is published by Ubisoft and is available worldwide on Steam for anyone to play. Unfortunately, many reported that Far Cry Primal is not launching after the splash screen.
Different players complained about Far Cry Primal not launching bugs and probably because of that, the game has pretty bad reviews.
The most common issues that players reported are related to Far Cry Primal starting, such as the game not opening on their PC.
Below you can find the quick solutions and workarounds that will help you fix these issues and have fun playing the game. Before that, make sure that you meet the minimum system requirements to avoid Far Cry Primal won’t launch problems.
How to fix: Far Cry Primal is not launching
1. Update the graphics driver
- Click on Device Manager from the search box.
- On Display adapters, right-click on your driver and click Update driver.
- Go for Search automatically for drivers.
- Restart your PC to finish.
2. Validate the game files’ integrity
- On Steam:
- Go to Library in the Steam client.
- Right-click on the game in the library and click Properties.
- Switch to the Local Files tab and select Verify integrity of game files.
- If there are corrupted files, they will be fixed automatically.
- On Epic Games launcher:
- On the launcher homepage, go to Library from the left panel.
- Click on the three dots next to the name and select Manage.
- Now, click on the Verify button to proceed and check the files.
3. Check the firewall/security tool
- Open the firewall/security tool settings on your PC.
- Go to Allow an app through the firewall option.
- Find the game in the allowing list.
- Add a filter for it or disable it and then check if the issue gets resolved
⚙️ Other related issues on Far Cry Primal
➡️ Far Cry Primal Error Code 88500014 – some players are unable to play the game due to some error code. It seems that your firewall blocks the game, and this is why you receive this error. Follow the solution below to fix it.
“I’m getting error 88500014 when starting the game, what can I do to solve this?”
FIX: If you’re getting error 88500014 when starting the game, it’s because your firewall is blocking the connection. The connection with the server is needed for a one-time online activation only.
➡️ Far Cry Primal Crashes, this issue is very common, you might encounter crashes during the startup or random while you are playing.
“Gets to the loading screen when starting up a new game and just crashes. Anything I could do to fix this?”
FIX: If the game crashes with a black screen, run the game in compatibility mode.
Another thing that worked for some users is that if the Uplay is kept in offline mode and then the game is launched from Steam
➡️ Far Cry Primal FPS Issues – performance issues like Low FPS and FPS Drops are common in the newly released games. A few players complained about them in Far Cry Primal.
“I am unable to play the game due to horrific performance issues. I have constant low fps, like 15-20. Please, someone, help me to fix this!”
FIX: Reduce the graphics parameters Reducing the Shadows Quality will give you a performance boost if you are using SLI/Crossfire Switching to one card only.
We hope our guide helped you fix your Far Cry Primal errors and that you are now playing and enjoying the game.
If you encounter any issues or have additional questions, please use the comment section below. We will help you fix your game.