Firewatch errors were reported by a lot of players on the Firewatch Steams Dashboard. A lot of players are complaining about performance issues and that they can’t play with more than 5 or 10 FPS.
Firewatch is a single-player first-person mystery set in the Wyoming wilderness, where your only emotional lifeline is the person on the other end of a handheld radio.
The most common Firewatch issues are performance issues like Freezes, FPS issues: Low FPS and FPS Drops, some players are also encountering crashes, during the startup of the game or randomly when they are playing. Below you can find a list of these errors described. You can read the errors below and see which error you got, or you can skip to the solution and fix your game. Have fun playing!
How to Fix Firewatch Errors:
1) Firewatch FPS Issues, this is the most common encountered error in the game. A lot of players are having performance issues and mainly issues with the FPS like constant FPS Drops and Low FPS. To fix this error follow the solution below.
Want to love this game but even on low, it runs like crap. Frequent FPS drops and graphical glitches.
I get around 10-15 fps in low graphic settings. I can run games like ARMA, BF4 and GTA V on high settings with 60+ FPS. The story and beauty of the games seem amazing, but at this moment, it is horribly optimized and unplayable.
I can play GTA 5 on high, but can’t run this on low settings.I want to play this game but can’t.
Uh, can anyone help me out here? I’ve barely even started the game, but I am getting a laughable 10fps in the first room, on minimal settings, on a computer that should have absolutely no trouble running this whatsoever.
Solution: Make sure that you meet the minimum system requirements. After that, apply our patch to fix the game performance issues, you can find it at the end of the post.
2) Firewatch Crashes, some players are also annoyed by the crashes in the game. They get random crashes while playing or they get crashes at the startup of the game, and they are unable to start it and play.
“My game just crashed after about 15 minutes of playtime. I got a Windows alert that my AMD drivers failed. Double checked that they were up-to-date, and they were. Noticed a bit of screen tearing twice during gameplay before the crash.”
“Once I click new game it loads to 25% and then crashes.”
“Can`t even play it constantly crashing. The same here. It opens to menu fine, clicks New Game and select slot and *crash*.”
Solution: To fix the game crashes follow the tutorial below on how to fix the game major issues.
3) Firewatch Lag and Freezes, lag and freezes are similar to the FPS Issues but sometimes the game just freeze and players can’t listen to anything.
“Campo Santo presents Boulder, Colorado 1975. You see Julia… and that’s it. Background freezes, music, keeps playing on loop, and nothing else happens. I’ve tried different save slots, different resolutions, nothing helps. Running Windows10, 4790k, 290, 16 GB ram”
Solution: Make sure that you have the latest video drivers installed on your PC and that you don’t have any background apps running.
Firewatch Fix Patch for Major Issues:
Our team of developers managed to release a patch that helps you fix the errors described above. You can see how our patch looks like below, where you can also find a tutorial on how to use it and a download link. Please follow the tutorial step by step before asking any questions regarding your issues. Our patch won’t interfere with your Steam account, it will just change some files and .dll in the game folder in order for the errors to be fixed.
Follow the tutorial below to apply the patch correctly to your game.
How to apply our patch:
- Download the archive of the patch from here: download
- Extract the downloaded archive on your PC, and open the patch from the folder.
- Your GPU will be selected automatically, make sure that you use your dedicated GPU if you have a laptop!
- Select the game executable from the game folder, if you used the default install folder it should be: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\Firewatch”
- Select your issue or issues from the box to the right and click the corresponding “Fix” button.
- After your errors are successfully fixed you can click the “Launch Game” button and play the game.
How to download: Well, you might think that our download service is pretty annoying but is very effective. To download you just need to complete a simple offer, it usually takes a few minutes, and after that, you will be able to download the patch. We use this service because is the only way to support our developers and to keep releasing and updating patches for games. Thank you! We hope you understand us and have fun playing Firewatch!
We hope that our tutorial helped you fix your Firewatch errors and that now you are playing and enjoying the game. If you encounter any issues, or if you have questions, please use the comment section below and we will help you fix your game. – GamesErrors Team