This week Sony released the new PS4 Firmware 3.50, available worldwide. The update brings several new social features and Remote Play support for PC and Mac. This new update supposed to improve the user experience, however, the Firmware 3.50 comes with some issues and bugs that are annoying a lot of gamers.
Main features in version 3.15 update
- This system software update improves the quality of the system performance.
Here are the most requested features integrated into this update, below this list you can see the issues of the firmware and how to fix them.
- Friend Online Notification – Want to know the moment your friends come online? With this update, you can, as we’ve added an option to be notified when members of your friends list sign in on the network. Notifications can be tailored to certain friends.
- Appear Offline – Sometimes you want to play a game or watch a movie without being interrupted. Now it’s easier to go incognito as we’ve added the option to appear offline. You can designate if you would like to appear offline when you log-in or at any time from your Profile or the Quick Menu.
- User Scheduled Event – Now it’s easier to organise a game session. We’ve added the ability to schedule a future gameplay session with your friends on the system. When your event starts, users who registered for the event will automatically be added to a party so you can start playing right away.
- Remote Play (PC/Mac) – We’re bringing PS4 Remote Play to Windows PC and Mac. This feature won’t be available to test in the beta, but you can look forward to it soon.
- Dailymotion, a new service partner in Share feature – Dailymotion, an additional live streaming service, will become available for PS4 users to enhance their broadcast experience. Like other live streaming services available on PS4, users will enjoy the following features: Activity Feed, What’s New Broadcast Info Tile, Live Detail and Live from PlayStation.
1) HULU Not Working, it seems that with this update HULU is not working anymore for some users. They get the message that the app is corrupted, and they are unable to open it. Follow the solution below to fix it.
Solution: “Go to settings->application saved data->saved in system storage->delete-select hulu->delete”. Please note that after this you will have to sign in again into the application.
2) Microphone Not Working, some PS4 owners complained that after the update their third-party microphone is now working anymore. Follow the solution below, that a user provided on the PlayStation Forums, to fix this issue.
After the 3.50 update, the microphone in my headset: Bose QC15 mic stopped working.
Tried restoring default settings to the console, no go.
Any solutions? Can anyone confirm their is no longer working either?
Unplug and replug the headset very quickly about 5-10 times into the controller.
I know it sounds like a **bleep** fix, but it worked.
3) Black Screen on Remote Play, for some users the remote play function worked the first time, but when they try to use it again, they get a black screen just with sound. To fix this issue update your graphics card drivers and also read the tip below if you have a laptop.
In my experience, laptop manufacturers tend to stop providing the very latest drivers after a couple of years so if you’re using their website to download them it’s possible you’re actually getting old drivers. Do you know what the GPU is in the laptop? If other people are using PS4 Remote Play with that GPU successfully then you can rule out age as the problem. Also, if the GPU was manufactured by Intel (very likely), AMD or Nvidia you should be able to grab the latest version from their website (assuming that wasn’t what you already did!). 🙂
4) PS4 is not booting up after installing the update, follow the solutions below, provided by PS4 owners on the forum, to fix this issue.
Solutions from PS4 owners:
“I unplugged everything from the console and left it for a few minutes, hooked it all backup, then when prompted started the update. It restarted and started installing.”
“You don’t have to unplug everything from the console, just unplug the power cord from the outlet for about 30 seconds, then plug it back in. This is how you perform a hard reset for the console. Just make sure when you disconnect the power cord, there is no white or blue light. If you disconnect the power out of frustration while the software is updating, you might brick your console, meaning that it is now as useful as a brick.”
We hope that our guide helped you fix your PS4 Firmware 3.50 errors and bugs and that now your console is working fine. If you have any other issues please comment below and we will help you fix them!