Kerbal Space Program 2 Low FPS: Fix & Boost the Performance
Fix KSP 2 low FPS in seconds by following our effective methods 🚀
Kerbal Space Program 2 low FPS problem may appear on your PC even if you have a decent GPU like RTX 4080. It has some reasons. However, you can significantly increase its performance if you tweak a few things.
More or less, the frame rate is important for every type of video game you play on your computer. A space-flight simulation game like KSP 2 can give you an exciting experience if the frame rate is good enough. But, if the FPS drops suddenly and everything feels laggy, you will not enjoy the game at all.
Why am I having a poor frame rate on Kerbal Space Program 2?
Frame rate drop, stuttering, and laggy experience on Kerbal Space Program 2 mainly occur due to the following reasons:
- Problematic graphics driver: The graphics card and the associated driver are the first things that directly affect the game’s FPS. If you don’t get the expected performance from KSP 2, the problem with the driver may be the reason.
- System requirements: If your computer doesn’t have the necessary specifications, it will not give you the playable experience on Kerabal Space Program 2.
- Third-party background services: Third-party services, including your antivirus and firewall, also may affect the game FPS. It also can cause KSP 2 launching problem.
- Improper settings: If the in-game settings, as well as other configuration, is not suitable for your PC, you will not get a reasonable frame rate.
How can I fix Kerbal Space Program 2 low FPS problem?
To fix KSP 2 low FPS problem, restart your PC as the first step. Then, check out the following things before going through the main troubleshooting methods:
- Make sure that your PC has the system requirements for Kerbal Space Program 2.
- Disable your antivirus and firewall to see if it helps.
- Enable high-performance mode from the power settings.
If these primary steps don’t help, go through the methods mentioned below to boost Kerbal Space Program 2 FPS:
- Update the graphics card
- Reduce background processes
- Disable fullscreen optimization
- Disable in-game overlay
- Enable game mode
- Roll back the GPU driver
- Re-install the GPU driver
- Disable Vsync
- Repair KSP 2 game files
1. Update the graphics card
- Open the Start Menu, type device manager, and press Enter.
- Double-click on the Display adapters.
- Right-click on the graphics card you are using, and click on Update driver.
- Choose Search automatically for drivers and update the driver.
2. Reduce background processes
- Press Win + X on the keyboard and go to Task Manager.
- Go to the Processes tab.
- Select the process you want to disable and then click on End Task.
- Disable all the unnecessary CPU and memory-intensive tasks.
3. Disable fullscreen optimization
- Go to the KSP 2 installation folder.
- Right-click on ksp2.exe file and go to its Properties.
- Tick the box next to the Disabled fullscreen optimization.
- Click on Apply and OK.
For some users, disabling fullscreen optimizations may increase FPS on Kerabal Space Program 2.
4. Disable in-game overlay
- Open Steam or Epic Games Launcher, depending on where you have installed the KSP 2.
- Go to the Settings.
- Go to the In-Game tab.
- Untick Enable Steam Overlay while in-game and click on OK.
- Relaunch Steam.
In the Epic Games Launcher, the steps are slightly different. But it is easy to figure out. After doing it, play the game and see if it has solved the Kerabal Space Program 2 low FPS problem or not.
5. Enable game mode
This feature was first introduced in Windows 10. Windows 11 also has this option. It can increase FPS and performance in a game like KSP 2.
6. Roll back the GPU driver
- Open Device Manager, like method 1.
- Right-click on the graphics driver and go to Properties.
- Go to the Driver tab.
- Click on Roll Back Driver.
- Follow any on-screen steps to complete the process.
If the latest version of the GPU driver has some issues, you will notice lower FPS after updating the driver. In this type of situation, this method will help to fix Kerabal Space Program 2 poor FPS problem.
7. Re-install the GPU
7.1 Uninstall the driver
- In the Device Manager, right-click on the graphics card and choose Uninstall.
- Tick the box next to Attempt to remove the driver for this device and click on Uninstall.
- Restart Windows.
7.2 Install again
- Visit AMD, Intel, or NVIDIA driver download page, depending on the GPU you are using.
- Select your graphics card model and click on Search.
- Download the driver.
- Install it on your PC.
8. Disable Vsync
- Open the graphics card control panel, for example, the NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Go to Manage 3D settings.
- Find the Vertical sync and turn it off.
- Now, launch the game and see if it helps to increase the FPS on Kerabal Space Program 2 or not.
9. Repair KSP 2 game files
- Open Steam.
- Right-click on the Kerabal Space Program 2 and go to its Properties.
- Go to the Local Files tab.
- Click on Verify integrity of game files.
- Wait until it finishes the scanning and repairing process.
On Epic Games Launcher, you will get a similar repair option. It will help to solve this FPS problem.
Other things to do:
If the problem still exists, we suggest you do the following things as well:
- Re-install the game completely.
- Update Windows to the latest version.
- Play with lower settings or apply settings suitable for your PC’s specs.
If necessary, learn how to fix Kerabal Space Program 2 crashing problem.
The abovementioned methods will indeed help to solve Kerabal Space Program 2 low FPS problem. Feel free to let us know which method has worked for you in the comment box.
If you encounter any issues or errors while playing your favorite games and require support, feel free to contact us here. Our team is always ready to assist you and ensure your gaming experience is seamless and enjoyable.
Comments are closed.