Meet Your Maker Won’t Launch: Fix It Quickly
You waited so long for the release of this post-apocalyptic game, and now you cannot launch it? Hold tight, we have the necessary information and solutions! 🚀
Waiting for the release, downloading, installing, and then poof, Meet Your Maker won’t launch no matter what you do! This is why we decided to cover the most frequent causes and solutions for this annoying problem. The chances are that after applying all of them, you will play this building-and-raiding game.
If the problem is related to Steam being offline, check how to fix the Steam needs to be online.
Why does Meet Your Maker won’t launch?
Meet Your Maker won’t launch due to outdated Windows or the GPU driver, lack of hardware resources, VPN service you use, Oculus apps installed on your PC, bad internet connection or firewall blocking the connection, and faulty game files. As you can see, many things can cause the issue, so let’s jump into the solutions!
How to fix Meet Your Maker won’t launch?
Begin with applying these quick fixes and checks:
- Update your Windows: Click on the Windows icon, open Settings (gear icon), and choose Update & Security. Click on Windows Update and then Check for updates.
- Ensure your PC can run the game: Check if your PC meets at least the minimum system requirements for Meet Your Maker.
- Uninstall Oculus apps: If you have any Oculus software on your PC, uninstall it and try running Meet Your Maker.
- Disable proxies and VPN: Although they can be useful sometimes, disable these before running the game since Meet Your Maker won’t launch if proxies and VPN are enabled.
- Use a wired internet connection: If you have access to the network device, use the ethernet cable to connect to the internet since a wireless connection can create issues.
If this doesn’t resolve the issue, troubleshoot with the following solutions.
1. Update your GPU driver
Time needed: 5 minutes
If your GPU driver is outdated, Meet Your Maker might not launch. Even if you manage to launch it, the game will not run properly, and you will experience performance issues. This is why you should always keep your GPU driver updated.
- Click the Windows icon, type Device Manager, and click on this tool under Best Match.
- Double-click on the Display adapters section.
- Right-click on GPU and select Update driver.
Update Driver Wizard will launch in a new window.
- Select the Search automatically for drivers option in the Wizard.
- Follow the steps for the GPU driver installation.
If the Wizard doesn’t find an update, close it and double-check for updates with another method.
- Restart your PC.
Another method for updating the GPU driver is Outbyte Driver Updater. This driver updater tool will scan, monitor and update GPU and all other devices for necessary driver updates, thus saving you time and guaranteeing the best performance for your PC configuration.
⇒ Get Outbyte Driver Updater
2. Verify game files
Faulty game files are a very common issue with any newly released game, and the same applies to Meet Your Maker. Before re-installing the whole game, you can use the Steam system for game file verification.
- Launch Steam and go to the Library.
- Right-click on Meet Your Maker and select Properties.
- Click on the Local Files tab.
- Click on Verify integrity of the game files.
👉 Once the verification completes, Steam will inform you if any files are corrupted and how to solve the possible problem.
3. Allow the game through the firewall
Windows Firewall is a great security feature that protects your PC from malware and unwanted software. Unfortunately, it can also create issues while the game loads and connects to the servers. This is why you should add it as an exception for the firewall.
- Click on the Windows icon, type Windows Defender Firewall, and open it under Best match.
- Click on the Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall from the menu on the left.
- First, click on the Change Settings and then Allow another app button.
- In the new window, select the Browse option, and navigate to the installation folder of Meet Your Maker.
- Select the executable file (.exe) with the game logo and hit the Open button.
- Check the checkbox in columns Private and Public in the Meet Your Maker row and hit the OK button.
- Restart your PC.
If Meet Your Maker won’t launch after all of the efforts you put in, find a bit more patience and try to:
- ⬆ Update the DirectX: Use the Windows key + R shortcut to open the Run dialog and type dxdiag. Click on the System tab to check your PC’s current version of DirectX and update to the newer version if available.
- ❌ Close all other apps: Restart your PC and close all of the apps before running Steam or Meet Your Maker. You can also use the Task Manager to disable the apps that are not showing in the taskbar
- 💻 Run as an administrator: Sometimes, the issue occurs due to a lack of permissions on Windows. Run Steam or a game shortcut with the Run as an administrator option.
- 🔁 Re-install the game: Even though this is the last resort option, it might be necessary to uninstall the game and then install it again completely.
- How To Make Games Run Better On PC: Ultimate Guide
- Low GPU Usage In Games: What Causes & How To Fix It Easily
- How To Update Graphics Driver For Better Gaming Performance
We hope you are already enjoying the game and will not experience the Meet Your Maker won’t launch problem. However, let us know if you still have any issues with this or any other game, we will gladly assist you!