NBA 2K23 Keeps Crashing and Freezing on PS5 [Fixed]
Does your NBA 2K23 keep crashing? Find out how you can fix this on PS5.
NBA 2K23, the latest installment of the famous basketball video game franchise, has been experiencing technical issues on the PlayStation 5 (PS5) console. Players have reported that the game frequently crashes and freezes, making it difficult to enjoy the game.
The issue has caused frustration among fans who were eager to play the highly anticipated game on the new gaming console. This article will explore the reasons behind the crashes and freezing and provide possible solutions to fix the issue.
Why does NBA 2K23 keep crashing on PS5?
NBA 2K23 crashing on PS5 for several reasons. One explanation is that the creators might not have adequately fixed any bugs or problems in the game. Another explanation might be that the PS5 console and the game have compatibility problems. It’s also possible that the PS5 hardware is being overworked by the game, which might result in crashes or freezes. Last but not least, it can be because of problems with the PS5 hardware itself, such as overheating or other technical problems.
How can you fix NBA 2K23 crashing on PS5?
Before jumping into the solutions, make sure that you did a console reboot and that there are no problems with the PlayStation service status.
- Install Game Updates
- Delete Saved Game Data
- Clear the PS5 System Cache
- Delete and Reinstall the Game
1. Install Game Updates
NBA 2K23’s PS5 crashes can frequently be avoided by installing game updates because these updates often include performance and bug fixes that take care of problems that may be the root of the crashes. Game developers frequently release updates to fix issues that players have reported, and these updates might fix problems that compromise the game’s stability.
- Turn on your PS5 console and ensure it is connected to the internet.
- From the PS5 Home Screen, select the Game Library icon in the top right corner.
- Locate NBA 2k23 and press the Options button on your controller.
- From the options menu that appears, choose “Check for Update.“
- If an update is available, select “Download Update” and wait for the download to finish.
- Once the update is downloaded, it will be installed automatically.
- When the installation is complete, you can launch the game and check if it fixed NBA 2k23 crashing on PS5.
Keep in mind that certain games may have options for automated updates, so you may not need to check for updates manually every time. To ensure that your games are constantly up to date, you can also enable automatic updates from the PS5 settings menu.
2. Delete Saved Game Data
Players might only encounter the NBA 2K23 crashing problem while trying to load a saved game. If this is the case, it’s likely that the saved game file has become corrupted or damaged. This problem can be especially annoying because it can potentially stop players from accessing their game progress. It is crucial to take into account the possibility that a corrupted save file is to blame for the crashes.
Here is how you can delete the saved data:
- Launch NBA 2K23.
- Head to MyCareer.
- Select the My Career character that you want to delete.
- Delete it.
3. Clear the PS5 System Cache
By deleting temporary files and data that might accumulate over time and negatively impact the performance of the console, clearing the PS5 system cache can help resolve problems with NBA 2K23 crashing. This may enhance the stability and resource efficiency of the system, potentially lowering the probability of freezes or crashes.
Follow these methods to clear the PS5 system cache:
- Turn off and unplug your PS5 console from the power source.
- Allow the console’s internal systems to power down fully by waiting at least 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the PS5 console’s power cord and turn it on.
- Go to the Settings menu after the console has resumed.
- Choose the “Storage” option under the Settings menu.
- Then, choose “Clear Cache” and confirm that you wish to do so.
- Hold off till the procedure is over. Depending on the volume of data that needs to be purged, this could take a while.
- Restart your console after clearing the cache, then try playing NBA 2K23 once more.
4. Delete and Reinstall the Game
Reinstalling NBA 2K23 on the PlayStation 5 can resolve crashes by ensuring all game files are downloaded and installed, and any corrupted or damaged files are removed. It is a typical step in the troubleshooting process that can assist in resolving a variety of problems connected to game crashes, including those related to game files or settings.
The procedures to reinstall NBA 2K23 on your PS5 console are as follows:
- Launch your PS5 system, then go to the Game Library.
- On your controller, select NBA 2K23 and tap the Settings button.
- Choose “Delete” from the options menu.
- Confirm your intention of removing the game from your console.
- Return to the Game Library and choose “Purchased” after the game has been deleted.
- Find NBA 2K23 and select “Download.”
- Wait for the game to download and install. Depending on the speed of your internet connection, this can take some time.
- Launch the game after it has been installed to see if the crashing problem has been fixed.
We truly hope that our solutions have helped you to fix NBA 2K23 crashing on PS5. If you have any suggestions, please drop a comment below.