PGA Tour Unable to Connect to EA Servers: How to Fix
Check out these quick and effective fixes to PGA Tour not connecting to EA servers and enjoy gaming without any interruptions.👍
PGA Tour is a relatively new launch from EA Sports and has already amassed a significant following of players.
However, like several other EA games in their just-launched phase, PGA Tour is also fraught with issues. One such issue that many gamers have already complained of is the “Unable to connect to EA/PGA server” error.
If you are facing a similar issue, our list of fixes to the PGA Tour unable to connect to EA servers will definitely not disappoint you.
Give these solutions a read!
Why is my EA account not connecting to PGA Tour?
If you are searching “Why can’t I connect to EA servers in PGA Tour?” on every possible forum, know that the issue may be due to more than one reason.
Some of them can be:
- Outdated game version
- Issues related to your gaming account
- Poor network connection
- Outdated Windows version installed on your device
- App cache
- Too many active background apps
- Outdated GPU drivers
- Antivirus intervention
How do I fix EA servers unable to connect to PGA Tour?
Before you dive into the major fixes for PGA Tour unable to connect to EA servers, make sure to run the following preliminary checks:
- Check that your PC meets the system requirements for EA Sports PGA Tour.
- Make sure the Windows version installed on your device is up-to-date.
- Ensure that you are playing the game after installing all the latest patch updates.
- Make sure your network drivers are up-to-date. If not, you can run a quick check and update them in no time using DriverFix.
Once you are sure that your PC meets all the above requirements, try the following solutions instead of cluelessly hunting down answers for “What to do if you can’t connect to EA servers in PGA Tour?”
- Troubleshoot network-related issues
- Clear the EA app cache on your PC
- Change your EA account credentials
- Change the DNS settings
- Check the integrity of game files
1. Troubleshoot network-related issues
Several gamers have reported that many of the times, the “Unable to connect to EA servers” error in PGA Tour was due to an unstable internet connection.
In such case, you can try the following troubleshooting methods:
- Type “Command Prompt” in the Start search bar.
- Next, enter “PING GOOGLE.COM” in the command prompt window.
This should fix the issue if your PC is encountering a slow internet connection.
2. Clear the EA app cache on your PC
Many a time, the piling EA app cache on your device may be the reason why PGA Tour can’t connect to EA servers.
To solve this issue:
- Open the EA app and go to the PGA Tour page to navigate to the top left menu.
- Click on Help, and then App Recovery.
- Finally, click on Clear Cache.
3. Change your EA account credentials
Oftentimes, players complain of the EA Sports PGA Tour game crashing on startup along with a PGA Tour unable to connect to EA servers error message asking to change account credentials. This can be due to some account-related error.
Wondering what to do if you can’t connect to EA servers in such circumstances?
Try resetting your EA account credentials in the following steps:
- Visit the EA website and click on Log In.
- On the next page, choose the Forgot your password? Option.
- Next, follow the instructions on the Password Recovery page to reset your EA account password.
Once completed, login to your account with the new credentials to solve the issue.
4. Change the DNS settings
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Despite being a popular solution suggested by several techies, changing the EA account credentials has often proven not to solve PGA Tour unable to connect to EA servers for many.
If you are someone for whom the previous steps have failed as well, try changing your PC’s DNS settings in the following steps:
- Go to Control Panel, and click on the View network status and tasks link below Network and Internet.
- Next, click on the Ethernet link next to Connections under View your active networks.
- Now, hit the Properties tab on the Ethernet Status window.
- On the Ethernet Properties window, click on the option for Internet Protocol Version 4 and hit Properties.
- Next, select the option for Use the following DNS server addresses, and set your preferred DNS server to 184.108.40.206 and the alternate DNS server to 220.127.116.11 and hit OK.
Restart your PC to apply changes. This should fix the “Unable to connect to EA/PGA servers” error you are facing.
5. Check the integrity of game files
If you have installed the game from Steam, you can verify the game files on the app itself as follows:
- Launch the Steam app and go to Library.
- Right-click on the option for PGA Tour.
- Choose Properties, Local Files, and then Verify integrity of game files.
Alternatively, you can check the same on the EA app in the following steps:
- Launch the EA app and go to the PGA Tour page.
- Locate the Scan option and then click on Repair.
Alternative fixes to try:
In case none of the above solutions worked for you, you try the following proven fixes suggested by gamers on Reddit.
- Turn on VPN
- Disable Antivirus and Windows Firewall
- Restart the game
- Reboot your PC
- Contact the EA customer support helpline
If your game is lagging/crashing even after installing all updates and fixing all errors, you can try our solutions on low GPU usage in games and games crashing without error.
Hopefully, one of these fixes is of help to you. If not, let us know in the comments about your solutions for PGA Tour unable to connect to EA servers, if any.
If you encounter any issues or errors while playing your favorite games and require support, feel free to contact us here. Our team is always ready to assist you and ensure your gaming experience is seamless and enjoyable.