Rise of the Tomb Raider Errors were reported by a lot of players after the game launched today. Rise of the Tomb Raider is now available in Steam and by now it got pretty good reviews, expect some users complained about errors and bugs. The game delivers a cinematic survival action adventure where you will join Lara Croft on her first tomb raiding expedition as she seeks to discover the secret of immortality.
“After uncovering an ancient mystery, Lara must explore the most treacherous and remote regions of Siberia to find the secret of immortality before a ruthless organization known as Trinity.”
The most common Rise of the Tomb Raider errors that gamers encountered and complained about are Crashes, Game Not Starting, Performance Issues like Low FPS, FPS Drops and Freezing and some other minor bugs that can be fixed quickly. Below you will find the errors described and solutions on how to fix them.
How to fix Rise of the Tomb Raider Errors:
1) Rise of the Tomb Raider Crashes, most of the players are encountering crashes during the launch of the game or random while they are playing. To fix this issue follow the tutorial at the end of the post.
“No problem when I launched the game but at 5/10min of the story, the game crashed and when I tried to click on continue it crashed again. Please, what can I do?”
“I’m having a very annoying issue, I launch Rise of the Tomb Raider then when I press play it just crashes.”
“So I installed the game and after the first screen shows with all the copyrights and publisher/developer logos, the game crashes with an error message simply saying ‘ROTR has encountered a problem.'”
Solution: You can fix the game crashes by following our tutorial on how to fix the major issues of the game, that you can find at the end of the post.
2) Rise of the Tomb Raider Not Starting, for some players the game doesn’t even start, they click the Play button in the Steam interface and nothing happens. Luckily you can fix this issue by following our tutorial at the end of the post.
“I open the game and nothing happens at all. My status in steam is for a second that I am in the game and then nothing…”
“Unpacking done, but can’t start the game. Is this happening to anyone else? The game just won’t start…”
Solution: Apply our patch to your game and after that you should be able to start the game.
3) Rise of the Tomb Raider Disk Write Error, you may get this issue telling you that you have a disk write error during installation of the game. To fix this follow the solution below.
Solution: First try to run the setup as administrator if that doesn’t work and you are still encountering this error make sure that you have 25GB free space on your hard drive.
“I tried to install the game two times and every time I get an error saying something like disk write error. Please, someone, help me fix this!”
4) Rise of the Tomb Raider Low FPS, FPS issues like low fps, fps drops and freezing are encountered by quite a lot of players. This is mainly due to the fact that the game is not properly optimized. To fix these issues follow the tutorial below.
“Played 1 hour yet. I have frame drops from 80 fps to 3 in some part of the game. The game isn´t good optimized. It´s not game-breaking, but it´s pretty annoying!”
“I have 15-22 fps at max and 23-32 fps with low, but I can run MGS5 with 45 fps at high, war thunder at 90 at high and WOT with 70 on max, so how is it possible that this game has super low FPS? I can play every game out now, but one of my most waited games sucks…. Any solutions?”
Solution: To solve this issue, update your PC’s graphics cards drivers. It has helped users to resolve the problem. Also apply the tips from the game developers and use our patch, below:
If your system is having performance issues when playing the game, please adjust your graphics AND display settings. For example; the anti-aliasing settings SSAAx2 and SSAAx4 are very expensive features, so if you are lowering your graphics settings do not forget to set anti-aliasing back to FXAA. Also consider playing at a lower resolution. Doing this helps improve game performance and you might be able to trade back up to a slightly higher graphics settings because of these adjustments.
Also note that textures at Very High requires over 4GB of VRAM, and using this on cards with 4GB or less can cause extreme stuttering during gameplay or cinematics.
This notice does not encompass all performance issues, but it will help some of you. Issues are being investigated.
Rise of the Tomb Raider Tutorial for Major Issues:
Our team of developers managed to release a patch that helps you fix the errors described above. You can see how our patch looks like below, where you can also find a tutorial on how to use it and a download link. Please follow the tutorial step by step before asking any questions regarding your issues. Our patch won’t interfere with your Steam account, it will just change some files and .dll in the game folder in order for the errors to be fixed.
Follow the tutorial below to apply the patch correctly to your game.
How to apply our patch:
- Download the archive of the patch from here: download
- Extract the downloaded archive on your PC, and open the patch from the folder.
- Your GPU will be selected automatically, make sure that you use your dedicated GPU if you have a laptop!
- Select the game executable from the game folder, if you used the default install folder it should be: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\Rise of the Tomb Raider”
- Select your issue or issues from the box to the right and click the corresponding “Fix” button.
- After your errors are successfully fixed you can click the “Launch Game” button and play the game.
How to download: Well, you might think that our download service is pretty annoying but is very effective. To download you just need to complete a simple offer, it usually takes a few minutes, and after that, you will be able to download the patch. We use this service because is the only way to support our developers and to keep releasing and updating patches for games. Thank you! We hope you understand us and have fun playing Rise of the Tomb Raider!
We hope that our tutorial helped you fix your Rise of the Tomb Raider errors and that now you are playing and enjoying the game. If you encounter any issues or if you have questions please use the comment section below and we will help you fix your game. – GamesErrors Team