Saints Row 4 Is Freezing on PC: Solve It With Ease
Freezing seems to be pretty irritating for Saints Row 4 players. Fortunately, we have the best solutions to fix it! 👌
Recently, an increasing number of players reported that Saints Row 4 keeps freezing every few seconds on their PC. It seems to be a pretty common problem among worldwide users, so if you’re facing it, do not panic!
Because this issue is becoming more and more frequent, specialists managed to identify a series of useful solutions to solve it in no time.
Make sure you read this article entirely to discover the most straightforward steps and eliminate your gaming headaches.
Why does Saints Row 4 keep freezing?
If you’re wondering why Saints Row 4 keeps freezing on your PC, there are several reasons you should consider, as follows:
- Insufficient hardware resources: If your computer does not meet the minimum system requirements for running the game, it may struggle to keep up and freeze.
- Overheating: If your computer or graphics card is overheating, it may cause the game to freeze. Make sure that your computer has adequate ventilation and cooling to prevent overheating.
- Outdated drivers: Outdated or malfunctioning device drivers can cause the game to freeze. Make sure that your computer’s drivers are up-to-date.
- Corrupted game files: Corrupted or incomplete game files can cause the game to freeze. Try verifying the game files on Steam or reinstalling the game to see if this resolves the issue.
- Incompatible game settings: Incompatible game settings with your system can cause the game to freeze. Try adjusting the game’s graphics or performance settings to see if this resolves the issue.
- Conflicts with other software: Conflicts with other software running on your computer can cause the game to freeze. Try closing any unnecessary programs before launching the game.
What can I do if Saints Row 4 is freezing on my PC?
There are some quick fixes you should try first. Don’t worry, it will take just a few seconds!
- Power off and on your Internet connection
- Restart your computer
- Ensure your PC meets the minimum requirements for running Saints Row 4. You can check them on Epic Games’ official website.
Table of contents:
- Verify the Integrity of Game Files
- Update your GPU drivers
- Switch Threaded Optimization off
- Review the Registry Privileges
- Temporarily disable your antivirus software
- Reinstall Microsoft DirectX
1. Verify the Integrity of Game Files
1.1 For Steam users
- Open your Steam client.
- Go to Library.
- From the list in the left window pane, right-click on Saints Row 4, then choose Properties (Just like in the example below).
- Look at the left side of the window, then select Local Files.
- Now, choose to Verify the Integrity of Game Files.
- Wait until the process is completed.
1.2 For Epic Games users
- Open the Epic Games Launcher, then choose Library.
- Click on the three horizontal dots next to the Saints Row 4 game, then go to Manage.
- Select Verify, then wait a bit.
- The Epic Games Launcher will then verify your game files.
- Once the process is completed, you can launch the game and check if the problem is fixed.
2. Update your GPU drivers
Time needed: 4 minutes.
As a general rule, keeping your drivers up to date is the best solution you can try for freezing, crashing, or not launching gaming issues.
- Press simultaneously on the Windows + X keys, then click on Device Manager to open it.
- Expand the Display adapters section by double-clicking on it.
- Right-click on the driver you need, then select the Update driver option.
- Choose to Search automatically for drivers.
- Your system will begin searching for new updates. Wait until the process is finished.
However, if you want to avoid all this manual process, we recommend trying an automatic solution that will always support you.
DriverFix is software meant to scan and update outdated, missing, or corrupted device drivers on a computer.
This program is intended to improve the overall performance of a PC and fix issues related to driver compatibility.
Therefore, if you choose to use it, you’re going to save much more of your time and ensure a smoother gaming experience.
For a more detailed guide, we strongly recommend checking our solutions on how to update your graphics drivers for maximum gaming performance.
3. Switch Threaded Optimization off
- Right-click on your desktop.
- Select the NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Look at the left window pane, then click on the Manage 3D Settings link.
- Select the Program Settings tab.
- Click on the Add button.
- Choose Browse.
- Add the folder in the following path.C:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonSaints Row IV
- Continue by disabling the Threaded Optimization feature.
- Click on Apply, save the new settings, and exit.
4. Review the Registry Privileges
- Open the Run dialogue box by pressing simultaneously on these keys: Windows + R.
- Next, type regedit inside the input box, then click on OK.
- Once the Registry Editor is opened, locate the following subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWAREVALVE
- Now, right-click on VALVE subkey, then choose Permissions.
- Check the Allow box for the following sections: Special permissions; Read; Full Control.
- Click on the Apply button, then on OK.
- Exit the Registry Editor.
5. Temporarily disable your antivirus software
Antivirus software is designed to scan and monitor all of the activity on your computer, including the activity of games and other programs.
In some cases, the software may mistakenly flag certain game files as malicious and quarantine or delete them, causing the game to freeze or crash.
Temporarily disabling antivirus software can help you determine if the program is making Saints Row 4 freeze every few seconds on your PC.
However, it is important to note that doing so can leave your computer vulnerable to security threats, so it should only be done as a last resort and with caution.
6. Reinstall Microsoft DirectX
- Close all open programs on your desktop.
- Press the Windows button on your keyboard, and type cmd in the search bar.
- Once the result pops up, right-click it, then choose Run as administrator.
- Type in these commands in the given order, then press Enter after typing each of them:
cd C:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonSaints
- Reinstall The DirectX after setup program for Microsoft DirectX initiates.
- Reboot your PC.
As we promised, now you have 6 of the best solutions to try if Saints Row 4 keeps freezing on your PC.
Let us know which one worked best for you, by leaving a comment in the section below.
If you encounter any issues or errors while playing your favorite games and require support, feel free to contact us here. Our team is always ready to assist you and ensure your gaming experience is seamless and enjoyable.
These fixes are fine for pc users, but Gat out of hell does similar on the ps4, I go to start the game and sit through a neverending loading screen of diagonally floating fleur-de-lis
In starting the game the display is not working
like erikk up there said, Gat out of hell isn’t just for PC, i play it on the xbox 360, well want to, but i get to a load screen of two different places and just that, no matter how long i wait
Still won’t start on the 360 go to start a new game and it’s just a never ending loading screen no game
I also play it on Xbox (well I would like to) but I just get the loading screen and I can’t find any other sources to try and fix it. HELP!!
The only fix found was to Not import your boss. Take away saints row 4 saved data on usb. and start a new for gat hell
I’m still on ps3 an it won’t load either its driving me crazy.
Bonjour,je joue sur pc a Saints Row Gat out of Hell et le probleme c est que j ai le code derreur 41, le jeux ce lance je fais nouvelle partie,sa fait l ecran de chargement apres sa freeze et mon jeux se coupe,comme qaund je suis en mode hors ligne.
Aidez moi svp repondez moi vite !!!!!!!!
Hello, I play pc Saints Row Gat out of Hell and the problem c is that I have the derreur code 41, the games that launch I new game, its been the loading screen after its freeze and my games are cut, qaund as I am offline.
Help me please repondez me soon !!!!!!!!
Some users have reported that temporarily disabling antivirus and/or firewall software will let you get past that. Also try verifying integrity of game cache and updating video drivers. If you’re still having troubles, please post a full dxdiag.
I need help .I bought a 10€ card for xbox 360 then I bought at the sales of xbox live saints row gat outta hell and download it so I pressed play now and begin a new game after accessing the map to waipoint ultor I started to drive so. After the highway when you have to turn left it frozes and doesn’t move but the game still runs so I press start and then it frozes totally. I re downloaded and I pressed play now and every time it kicks me out saying that the disk is unreadable when I dont have a disk in the xbox plssss help me and contact me at my yahoo [email protected]
Im play it on pc and when i try a new game ,the loading screen just there and never ending ..please help me fix ..
I’m playing it on Xbox one and I can’t import my boss from sr4. It’s always the default male and I’ve saved my sr4 game and I’ve saved my boss’ character in Image By Designed in hopes that that will help but it hasn’t. Any ideas on how to fix this anyone?
Saint Row get out of hell
I dont have any display.ini file PLz Help me