Script Hook V Critical Error in GTA 5: How to Get Rid of It
Some users reported that downgrading your version of GTA V might help
Grand Theft Auto is a video gaming franchise that has gathered an army of dedicated fans through the years. It is one of the most popular games out there, but many people believe that scripting makes it better.
However, as happens with every complex game that requires a lot of resources users have encountered issues. Such as the Script Hook V critical error.
What does Script Hook V critical error mean?
Script Hook V is a modding tool for Grand Theft Auto V (GTA V) that allows users to load and execute custom scripts in the game. A critical error is a serious problem that prevents the mod from functioning correctly and may cause the game to crash or become unresponsive.
There are several possible causes for a critical error in Script Hook V.
What causes the Script Hook V critical error is the Anti-Cheat System. The developers do not support the Script Hook application which is used for modding in GTA V. In this case the app is detected as a cheat and patched every time the game gets an update.
There are also situations when the error message comes with the specification can’t find native and in this case, you might need to reinstall the game entirely.
In this article, we want to offer you three solutions regarding how you can fix the common Script Hook V critical error so you can resume your gaming activities.
How do I get rid of script hook v critical error in GTA 5?
1. Update the Script Hook application
- Download the Script Hook software from a reliable source.
- Press Windows + E to open File Explorer, and extract the downloaded zip folder.
- Open the bin folder and copy all the files in there. Go to the original folder that you had installed and paste the files in there. Select Replace files in the Destination.
- That’s it. By re-downloading Script Hook, you ensured that you have the latest version of it.
2. Revert your game to an old version
- Download the downgrade zip for:
- Extract the downloaded files by right-clicking on them and choosing Extract all. Then copy the GTAV.exe and the GTAVLauncher.exe. into the former GTA V installation folder.
- Click Replace the files in the Destination from the pop-up dialog box.
- Right-click on the Update.rpf file and select the Copy icon from the drop-down menu.
- Select Replace the files in the Destination from the pop-up dialog box.
- Go to the Game Installation folder and open Updates and click Paste, then select Replace the files in the Destination.
- Download the No launcher Mod, extract the file, and copy the files into the Grand Theft Auto V installation folder.
- To run the game double click on the No_GTAVLAUNCHER.exe file. That’s it! The Script Hook V critical error should be solved.
3. Use third-party software
You also have the option to use automated PC repair software such as Fortect. The tool detects errors within your system and fixes them with the help of its own Windows system files database.
When Fortect finds that your PC has corrupt or missing files, it replaces them with new and well-functioning ones.
It is a safe and easy method that will help you with the GTA 5 error and multiple other issues that PC owners face regularly.
When does the GTA 5 Script Hook V critical error occur?
Users reported various scenarios in which they got the Script Hook V critical error. Some of them are the following:
- Script Hook V fatal error unknown game version – It occurs when the game version and the Script Hook V version do not work together because they are not compatible.
- Script Hook V critical error can’t find native – Try reinstalling your game multiple times as there might be some corrupted files involved.
- Script Hook V critical error in GTA 5 – Follow the solutions below as they address the GTA 5 error in particular.
- Script Hook V critical error in Epic Games – When the Epic Games Launcher does not function properly, this can be caused by a corrupted cache that’s associated with any third-party scripts.
- Script Hook V critical error after update – Updating an app can cause malfunctions due to unseen bugs that made their way inside the code.
- Script Hook V critical error in Rockstart launcher – If the game receives an update, the library must also be updated as a result. Otherwise, your Rockstar launcher will crash.
As you can see whether you need to make some twitches to your third-party software, or your actual system, Script Hook V critical error is a common problem that you can solve quite easily. All you need to do is carefully follow the steps that we presented to you in this article.
Lastly, there’s a dedicated article on GTA 5 not launching that you can read.
We want to hear your opinions on this subject so feel free to share your thoughts with us by accessing the comment section below. Thanks for reading!