Sherlock Holmes The Awakened Won’t Launch: Best Fixes
Clear the cache and repair Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened Remake if it doesn't run on your PC ✅
In some cases, you may notice that Sherlock Holmes The Awakened won’t launch on your PC. If it happens, let’s go through this article to learn how to fix this issue.
The new Sherlock Holmes Awakened Remake has brought a lot of new things to this game apart from visual improvement. After getting released, a few gamers have been encountering some issues, including the launching problem.
This mystery game is not opening on a lot of gamers’ PCs. But, if you tweak the right things, you won’t face the problem anymore.
What is stopping the new Sherlock Holmes The Awakened Remake from launching on my PC?
If Sherlock Holmes The Awakened Remake doesn’t run on your Windows 11 or 10 PC, it may be because of the following reasons:
- System requirement: If your PC doesn’t meet the system requirements of this game, it may not open.
- Graphics driver: Any problems with the video driver also may prevent Windows from running Sherlock Holmes The Awakened Remake.
- Disk problem: If there is something wrong with the disk drive, you won’t be able to launch this game.
- Third-party software: Third-party services, including your antivirus or firewall, may block this game and stop it from opening on your PC.
- Outdated or problematic components: Outdated or corrupted game components and files can also be why Sherlock Holmes The Awakened is not opening on your Windows PC.
You may find some other reasons, but these are the most common ones.
How can I fix Sherlock Holmes The Awakened won’t launch?
We have featured the most effective methods to help you eliminate the launching issues for Sherlock Holmes The Awakened remake. However, before trying these solutions, you must do these quick things:
- Ensure that your PC meets the minimum system requirements of Sherlock Holmes The Awakened.
- Install the DirectX Runtime and the Visual C++ packages and restart your PC.
- Disable your antivirus and firewall temporarily. If needed, uninstall them for a while and see if it helps.
After doing the above things, if you still see that Sherlock Holmes The Awakened won’t launch on your PC, follow these methods one by one to fix it:
- Update the display driver
- Clear Steam cache
- Run as an administrator
- Repair common disk issues
- Uninstall suspicious apps
- Repair Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened
- Run in Clean Boot
1. Update the display driver
- Press Win + X and then click on Device Manager.
- Expand Display adapters.
- Right-click on the GPU driver and then go to Update driver.
- Click on Search automatically for drivers.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to finish the updating process.
You should use a tool like Outbyte Driver Updater to update the GPU driver. This dedicated driver updating app can scan and update dozens of drivers automatically without your manual interaction. If needed, you also can update with just a single click.
2. Clear Steam cache
Time needed: 2 minutes
If the Steam download cache gets corrupted, some games like Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened may not launch on your PC. So, you must clear the cache to fix this problem.
3. Run as an administrator
To try this method, you must be an administrator of your PC. Running the new Sherlock Holmes The Awekend remake with full administrative rights is an excellent way to solve launching issues. For this, follow these steps:
- Go to the Steam game library.
- Right-click on Sherlock Holmes The Awakened, hover the cursor on Manage and then click on Browse local files.
- Right-click on the EXE file of this game and then click on Properties.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab.
- Check Run this program as an administrator.
- Click on Apply and OK.
4. Repair common disk issues
- Press Win + E on the keyboard to open File Explorer.
- Right-click on the disk drive where you have installed the game and go to the Properties.
- Navigate to the Tools tab.
- Click on Check.
- Click on Scan drive.
- Wait until it finishes the process.
5. Uninstall suspicious apps
Some apps like your antivirus, FPS booster, and any other apps that can appear on top of a game can be why Sherlock Holmes The Awakened won’t launch on your Windows PC. So, uninstall this type of app by following these steps to fix this problem:
- Press Win + I on the keyboard to open Settings.
- Go to Apps and then click on Installed apps.
- Click on the three horizontal dots next to any suspicious app and then choose Uninstall.
- After uninstalling, restart Windows.
6. Repair Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened
- Go to the Steam game library like before.
- Right-click on Sherlock Holmes The Awakened and go to its Properties.
- Navigate to the Local Files tab.
- Click on Verify integrity of game files.
- Give it some time to finish the process.
7. Run in Clean Boot
- Press Win + R on the keyboard to open Run.
- Type msconfig and click on OK.
- Go to the Services tab.
- Check Hide all Microsoft services and then click on Disable all.
- Click on Apply and OK.
- Restart Windows.
If clean boot works, it means a third-party service was interrupting and causing the problem. In this situation, you must find it out and uninstall it from your PC.
In case the problem still exists, re-install the game completely. Also, consider updating Windows to the latest version.
If you are interested, learn how to fix Sherlock Holmes The Awakened crashing problems.
This article has explained the best ways to fix Sherlock Holmes The Awakened won’t launch or similar issues. If you have a better suggestion, let us know in the comment box.