Sherlock Holmes The Awakened Crashing: How to Fix
If the Sherlock Holmes The Awakened keeps crashing, update the GPU driver and follow these tricks 🎯
If the new Sherlock Holmes The Awakened keeps crashing on your PC, you should tweak a few things to fix this problem. This article will discuss these tricks and also tell you why it happens.
The remake of this 15-year-old game has allowed exploring this Sherlock Holmes title in a new way. New graphics and the thrilling game-play mechanism will give you a nerve-racking adventurous feeling. But, if it crashes on launch or startup or during the gameplay, all the excitement will disappear.
What does Sherlock Holmes The Awakened keep crashing on my PC?
If the new Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened remake stops working or keeps crashing on your Windows PC, here are the most common reasons behind this problem:
- Graphics driver issues: In most cases, a game like Sherlock Holmes The Awakened will crash due to an outdated or problematic video driver.
- Third-party services: Some third-party services may create conflict, which is why this game keeps crashing.
- Corrupted game components: If the game cache, files, and some other components like Visual C++ and DirectX runtime is missing, corrupted, or outdated, Sherlock Holmes The Awakened will crash on a Windows 11 or 10 PC.
- Misconfiguration: Else, any configuration-related issues on Windows or the game can be a good reason behind this problem.
How do I fix Sherlock Holmes The Awakened crashing issues?
Before going through our recommended methods, we suggest you do these quick things to make things easier:
- Ensure that your PC meets the system requirements of Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened.
- Ensure that you have not enabled overclocking.
- Disable your antivirus and firewall to see if it helps.
- Make sure that your PSU is well-capable.
If you still encounter the problem after ensuring the above things, follow the methods mentioned below to fix Sherlock Holmes The Awakened crashing:
- Update the graphics card driver
- Clear shader cache
- Enable High performance
- Update the key game components
- Update Sherlock Holmes The Awakened Remake
- Verify the integrity of the game files
- Re-install the game
1. Update the graphics card driver
Time needed: 2 minutes
You must update the graphics card driver to the latest version to fix crashing issues on Sherlock Holmes The Awakened.
We suggest you use Outbyte Driver Updater to update the GPU driver on your Windows 11 or 10 PC. This tool is a favorite choice of pro gamers because it reduces the chances of encountering crashing and low FPS issues on any game.
⇒ Get Outbyte Driver Updater
2. Clear shader cache
- Press Win + I to launch Windows settings.
- Go to the System and click on Storage.
- Navigate to Temporary files.
- Check DirectX Shader Cache.
- Uncheck all other options.
- Click on Remove files.
Now, launch Sherlock Holmes The Awakened Remake and see if it still crashes or not. Keep in mind that after clearing the shader cache, the game may feel a bit laggy. But it will be OK over time.
3. Enable High performance
- Open Windows Settings.
- Go to the System and navigate to the Power.
- Set the Power mode to Best performance.
- Close the Settings.
4. Update the key game components
Some components like DirectX and Visual C++ redistributable are essential for games on Windows. If there is something wrong, you will notice related games are crashing. So, to fix this issue with Sherlock Holmes, follow these methods to update/install the missing components:
- Visit the DirectX Runtime website.
- Download the installer.
- Install it on your PC.
- Similarly, install Visual C++ Redistributables.
- Restart Windows.
5. Update Sherlock Holmes The Awakened Remake
- Open Steam.
- Go to the game library.
- Right-click on Sherlock Holmes The Awakened and go to its properties.
- Navigate to the Updates tab.
- Set the preference to High priority.
- Save it.
- Relaunch Steam.
6. Verify the Integrity of the game files
- Go to Sherlock Holme’s properties like the previous method.
- Navigate to the Local Files tab.
- Click on Verify integrity of game files.
- Wait for a while until it finishes the process.
7. Re-install the game
- In the Steam game’s library, right-click on Sherlock Holmes The Awakened, hover the mouse cursor on Manage, and click on Uninstall.
- After that, click on the Install button.
- Choose the installation location and click on Next.
- Wait for a while until it downloads and installs the game.
While choosing the installation location, we suggest you choose one located in an SSD. It will reduce to chance of getting other problems and will also improve the overall gameplay experience.
The above methods are sufficient in fixing if Sherlock Holmes The Awakened keeps crashing. But, the exception may happen in the worst cases.
If this game still stops working, follow these methods as well:
- Update Windows to the latest version.
- Uninstall any suspicious programs.
- If it is a known problem, wait for the next Sherlock Holmes The Awakened patch update.
- You also can consider reinstalling Windows if nothing works.
For more suggestions, check out this guide on how to stop games from crashing.
This article has explained what you should do to fix Sherlock Holmes The Awakened crashing. If you have any questions or concerns, let us know in the comment box.