How to Fix Space Engineers Projector Not Working [Quick Steps]
As a pre-check just simply restart the game and projector ✅
Space Engineers is a space-themed sandbox and simulation game. The game has engineering, construction, exploration, and survival features that make it exciting to play.
Unfortunately, more players have been complaining about the Space Engineers projector not working. This article will explain how you can fix the problem and get Space Engineers on track again.
How to fix Space Engineer projector not working?
- Update the game on Steam
- Install the Latest GPU Driver
- Remove Mods
- Rename or move the Space Engineer folder
- Temporarily disable Firewall and antivirus
1. Update the game on Steam
An old and outdated game client could be the reason why your projector isn’t working on Space Engineers. Hence, you need to update your game client to the latest version to fix it.
➡️ To do this:
- Open the Steam client and go to the Library tab.
- Right-click on the game and select Properties.
- Go to the Updates tab. (If there is any update it will be downloaded automatically).
- Once the update is complete, restart your computer, relaunch the game, and try using the projector.
2. Install the Latest GPU Driver
Outdated graphic drivers can cause glitches, errors, and crashes on Engineer Projector. Make sure you update or install your video card’s latest graphics driver.
- Type Device Manager in the taskbar and open the window.
- Expand the Display adapters section to view your graphic driver.
- Right-click on your graphic driver and select Update.
To update your graphic drivers using DriverFix, you can follow these steps:
- Download and install the DriverFix software on your computer.
- Launch the software and click on the “Scan” button to begin the driver scan process.
- Once the scan is complete, the software will display a list of all the outdated or missing drivers on your computer.
- Locate the graphic driver in the list and click on the “Update” button next to it.
- The software will then download and install the latest version of the graphic driver on your computer.
Once the installation is complete, you will need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
3. Remove Mods
Various mods are available for Space Engineers and a lot of players use them when playing the game.
However, some players have found out that mods change the game behavior and cause some problems such as the projector not working.
So if you have mods installed on Space Engineers, remove all mods and try building. If your projector starts working after uninstalling all mods, you can reinstall them one by one to see which one is causing the problem.
4. Rename or move the Space Engineer folder
Another reason your projector isn’t working could be that you recently switched to Windows 10 and copied the game files from the old operating system to the new one. Sometimes it could be an issue created by the Windows 10 upgrade.
To fix this, you have to rename or move the %appdata%\SpaceEngineers folder to a different location. You can have the game create a new folder.
To do this, start the game to create a new custom world with at least one mod enabled or create a new blueprint.
This will create blueprints, mods, and save folders, as well as new cfg and log files. Then, copy the content of your old saves and blueprint folders into these new folders in %appdata%\SpaceEngineers. Avoid overwriting the new cfg and log files.
5. Temporarily disable Firewall and antivirus
Make sure you turn off all antivirus programs and follow the instructions below to disable Windows Firewall.
- Click the start button and type Firewall.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall from the search result.
- Click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- Select Turn on Windows Defender Firewall (for both Private and Public Network Settings).
- Press Ok
Windows Firewalls and antivirus programs can stop Space Engineers from working properly, causing issues like the projector not working.
These solutions should help you fix the Space Engineer projector not working.
Otherwise, if you keep encountering the problem after trying all the fixes above, you can reach out to Keen Software House support to see if they can give you a solution or fix it from their end.
If you encounter any issues or errors while playing your favorite games and require support, feel free to contact us here. Our team is always ready to assist you and ensure your gaming experience is seamless and enjoyable.