Steep Error Code de-005-03: What Is And How to Fix It
Are you encountering the Steep Error Code de-005-03?
According to online reports, the error code de-005-03 has plagued many Steep loyal fans, preventing further progression and gameplay. When the error occurs, it displays the following message:
The Steep servers are unavailable, the game can still be played in OFFLINE MODE.
In OFFLINE MODE, only free roam is accessible, you can not play content or progress.
Additional content is not accessible either [ DE-005-03 ]
Luckily, we have researched and tested the error on our PCs to find possible workarounds. Keep reading to learn what the Steep error code de-005-03 is and how to fix it.
What is Steep error code de-005-03?
The Steep error code de-005-03 is a server-related issue that affects how your PC connects to the game servers. The error code prevents gamers from playing the Steep sport online with other teammates and friends. They can only play in offline mode, which can be frustrating. Some of the possible causes of the error code include the following:
- Steep servers are down or scheduled for maintenance.
- Steep servers are congested or overcrowded.
- Your internet connection is slow or sluggish.
- Your Steep game files are corrupt, missing, or damaged.
- You’re playing an outdated version of the game.
- Your game’s console network settings are incorrect.
How do I fix the Steep error code de-005-03?
✅Pre-checks: Perform the following quick things first before implementing our troubleshooting steps below:
- Confirm the Steep server status to ensure there’s no scheduled maintenance or downtime. You can also check their Twitter handle for server updates.
- Check whether your internet connection is stable, fast, and reliable.
- Update your game.
If the problem persists and you can’t play Steep online, try the following solutions:
- Play Steep offline, then switch online
- Configure your console’s network settings
- Restart your router or modem
- Close and restart the game
1. Play Steep offline, then switch online
Some users report fixing the error code de-005-03 in Steep by playing the game in offline mode first before switching back to online. Here’s how to do this:
- Find the modules that you can play while offline and play them for around 30 minutes.
- Now, switch to modules you can only play when online to see if the error is fixed.
2. Configure your console’s network settings
Time needed: 2 minutes
If your game console’s network settings are incorrect, you’ll likely encounter error code de-005-03 when logging into Steep Sport online. We recommend configuring these settings to avoid such issues. Here’s how to do this:
- Open Settings
Navigate to the Settings menu on your game console and select General.
- Open Network
Click the Network tab and select Current Network Status.
- Open NAT Type field
Select the NAT Type field to see your network status.
- Configure settings
The NAT type needs to be Open or Single NAT. If it’s neither, you need to forward ports for your device. The ports required for Steep are:
TCP: 2869, 6005, 11001, 11090, 11095, 14000
UDP: 53, 500, 3074, 3544, 6075
TCP: 80, 443, 2869, 3478-3480, 6005, 11001, 11090, 11095
UDP: 53, 443, 500, 3074, 3478-3479, 3544, 3658, 6075
TCP: 53, 80, 443, 2869, 3074, 6005, 11001, 11090, 11095
UDP: 53, 88, 443, 500, 1000, 3074, 3544, 4500, 6075
- Save changes
Save the changes and restart Steep to see if the issue is solved.
3. Restart your router or modem
If your internet connection is slow or sluggish, restart your router or modem to refresh the connection. Restarting your router or modem helps remove temporary bugs and glitches triggering in-game errors. To do so:
- Unplug your router or modem from the main power outlet.
- Wait 15 to 20 seconds before plugging the device back in.
- Power up your router or modem and reconnect your gaming device.
- Launch Steep to see if the issue is resolved.
4. Close and restart the game
You may encounter the error code de-005-03 in Steep because another game is running in the background. In this case, we recommend closing and restarting the game to resolve this. To do this:
- Quit Steep.
- Navigate to task manager, and under the process tab, find Steep.
- Right-click it and select End task.
- Shut down your PC and wait 5-10 minutes.
- Power on your PC.
- Launch the Steep game from your console and see the error is resolved.
➕Additional fixes for the Steep error code de-005-03
Other ways worth trying to fix the server issue in Steep include the following:
- Update the game.
- Uninstall and reinstall Steam, but only as a last resort.
- Update your gaming console.
The Steep error code de-005-03 can be frustrating as it prevents layers from playing Steep online. If you’re encountering the error, remember to play Steep offline, then switch online and configure your console’s network settings.