For Honor Crashing [On Startup, Mid Game]: How to Fix
Honor Crashing on Startup or Mid Game? Be sure your Graphics Driver are properly updated ✅
For Honor Crashing? We’re aware of how annoying it can be, especially since this is one of the most played games of this year.
For Honor crashing on startup is experienced by a lot of players at the moment. These crashes are occurring also randomly throughout the game. Besides that, users also complain about not launching and framerate issues like low fps or drops.
💥 Why does For Honor keep crashing?
For Honor may keep crashing on launch and in mid-game because of:
- Outdated graphics drivers: Make sure your GPU drivers are up-to-date and compatible with the game.
- Corrupted game files: Check the game’s file integrity in Uplay or Steam, and reinstall it if necessary.
- Conflicting software: Verify that your antivirus or firewall software are not blocking the game. Also, make sure that no background applications that could interfere with the game are active.
- Overclocking: If you have overclocked your hardware, try resetting it to its default settings and see if that fixes the issue.
- Hardware issues: Make sure that your PC meets the minimum system requirements for the game, and make sure your hardware components (CPU, GPU, and RAM) are working properly. If you don’t, you need to upgrade your PC because this is why you are encountering that error.
How to fix For Honor Crashing on startup, mid-game?
- There is a simple step you could do before trying to ‘For Honor’ crash with proper solutions. You could try to simply restart the game, as sometimes this simple and easy step really works. If the game still crashes, proceed to the following solutions.
- Also, make sure your PC meets the minimum or recommended For Honor’s system requirements.
1. Update your GPU Drivers
You can update your GPU drivers through many methods. A manual method that you can apply on a windows PC is to update your drivers using Device Manager:
- Press on the Windows key button to open the Start menu.
- In the search bar type Device Manager and click on it.
- Go to Display Drivers and right-click on your GPU Driver.
- Select Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for drivers.
- Restart your PC.
Another easy method that we recommend is to safely update your graphic drivers using a driver updater tool like Outbyte Driver Updater. This tool will automatically scan and update your drivers in a few moments without producing any harm to your PC.
⇒ Get Outbyte Driver Updater
2. Check the game’s file integrity
➡️ To check the game file integrity for For Honor on Uplay:
- Open the Uplay on your PC.
- Click on the Games tab in the top left corner of the Uplay window.
- Search For Honor in the list of games and click on it.
- Click on the Properties button in the bottom right corner of the game’s window.
- In the Properties window, click on the Local files.
- Click on the Verify files button and wait until the verification process is complete.
➡️ To check the game file integrity for For Honor on Steam:
- Open Steam on your PC.
- Click on the Library button in the top left corner of the Steam window.
- Search For Honor in the list of games and right-click on it.
- Select Properties from the drop-down menu.
- In the Properties window, click on the “Local files” tab.
- Click on the Verify integrity of game files button and wait for the verification process to be done.
The missing or corrupted files will be automatically repaired or downloaded if the integrity check discovers any problems. Try relaunching the game after the procedure is finished to see if the issue has been fixed.
Why is my For Honor not launching?
The reasons why For Honor is not launching are similar. Outdated drivers may play an important role here. Also, your antivirus software could be blocking your game.
There could also be some weird bugs in Uplay, your game might not even launch. You might get an error saying: “Unable to launch game error unknown, ” or you might get to the first screen of the game, and after that, it will close with no error, and the game process will continue to run, but the game will not appear.
➡️ Here are some fixes to try:
- Run Uplay in Admin mode
- Disable Anti-Virus software or add the game and Uplay as an exception in your anti-virus software.
- Update GPU driver
- If you’re running on an Intel-integrated chipset, try forcing the dedicated GPU instead:
“Under the “manage 3d settings” tab in the Nvidia control panel, you should be able to navigate to your game’s .exe and specify which GPU to use from there.
- Ensure the game is installed on your C: drive
- Try launching the game from an entirely new Windows system profile: Windows 7; Windows 8; Windows 10
- Try unplugging your controller/non-essential peripherals then launch the game again. Once this is done, you should be able to reconnect your controller. Also temporarily disable any software linked to the controllers.
For Honor FPS Drops
It seems that the game is not optimized for some graphic cards and players are complaining about performance issues like low framerates and drops from time to time. There are also gamers with Nvidia complaining about FPS issues, so the framerate problems affect all players.
Before starting to fix your framerates and optimize them make sure that you checked the things below:
- Updated your GPU drivers
- Updated your Windows
- Closed any third-party applications that might interfere with the game
- Selected your dedicated GPU
We hope our tips helped you fix For Honor crashes or other issues. If you are encountering any issue that we didn’t talk about don’t hesitate to leave a comment below or send us an email and we will help you fix your game. Have fun with your warriors!