TW Warhammer 3 Chaos Dwarfs Stuck on Loading Screen [Fixed]
Let's solve TW Warhammer 3 Chaos Dwarfs if it is stuck on the loading screen. 🖥
TW Warhammer 3 Forge of Chaos Dwarfs is another excellent project from Creative Assembly with the brutal new race of Chaos Dwarfs to create an attractive gaming campaign. Warhammer 3 Chaos Dwarfs brings all the wacky dark fantasy touches you’d expect from Warhammer, with some excellent new mechanics to ensure veterans still have plenty to dig into. Unfortunately, what can ruin your gaming experience is when Warhammer 3 Chaos Dwarfs get stuck on the loading screen. Here we decided to make a guide to help you quickly fix this problem and continue enjoying this great game.
Why my TW Warhammer 3 Chaos Dwarfs is stuck on the loading screen?
Possible reasons why Forge of the Chaos Dwarfs is stuck on the loading screen are as follows:
- incompatibility of your PC with the recommended specifications
- outdated GPU driver
- corrupted game files
- the game is running on an integrated GPU
- overlay apps issue
- wrong settings in the game
- firewall or antivirus is blocking the game
How do I fix it when TW Warhammer 3 Chaos Dwarfs is stuck on the loading screen?
We always advise you to try some more straightforward steps that can help you immediately, such as:
- Check if your PC meets the recommended system requirements for the game.
- Update Windows to the latest version.
- Run the game as an administrator.
- Close all unnecessary background tasks. (Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager)
If the game still has a problem, do the following:
- Update GPU driver
- Verify and repair game files
- Temporarily disable Windows firewall and antivirus
- Disable overlay apps
1. Update GPU driver
The main problem with TW Warhammer 3 when launching, being stuck on the loading screen, and crashing is often caused by outdated or corrupted graphics drivers. First, update your graphics card driver to the latest version.
⭐ Update GPU driver through Device Manager
1. Press the Windows+R keys to bring up the Run dialog.
2. Type; devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
3. Double-click on the Display adapters to expand, right-click on GPU, and select Update driver.
4. Wait while the wizard searches for, downloads, and installs the latest GPU driver version.
⭐ Update GPU driver through the web browser
⭐ Update GPU driver with Outbyte Driver Updater
We recommend the easiest and fastest way to update all system drivers on your PC with Outbyte Driver Updater. This tool will ensure you always have up-to-date drivers so you don’t waste time and avoid the hassle of manual updates.
⇒ Get Outbyte Driver Updater
2. Verify and repair game files
If one or more of the game files are missing or corrupted, you may have the problem of TW Warhammer 3 getting stuck on the loading screen. Do the following:
1. Run the Steam client and go to your Library.
2. Right-click on the Total War: WARHAMMER III and select Properties.
3. Select Local Files from the menu and click on Verify integrity of game files.
4. Wait for the file verification process to complete and launch the game to see if the issue is gone.
3. Temporarily disable Windows firewall and antivirus
Time needed: 1 minute
Windows firewall may block Warhammer 3 Chaos Dwarfs if you haven’t put it in the exception list. We recommend temporarily disabling the firewall and antivirus to see if the game is stuck on the loading screen after that.
- Open Run dialog
Press the Windows + R keys, type; firewall.cpl, and press Enter (or click on OK.)
- Open Windows Defender Firewall
Click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- Customize settings
Select all Turn-Off Windows Defender Firewall radio buttons.
We recommend temporarily disabling Windows Virus & Treat Protection or third-party antivirus, depending on what you are using. Don’t forget to re-enable your Windows firewall and antivirus when you’re done playing.
4. Disable overlay apps
Although useful for streaming, recording, and screenshots from games, sometimes overlay apps can cause problems. We recommend turning them off and seeing if they affect the “stuck on the loading screen” issue.
👉 Disable Steam overlay
1. Open the Steam client and choose the Settings option.
2. Select the In-Game option from the left and uncheck the Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.
👉 Disable Xbox Game Bar
1. Press the Windows + I keys to open the Settings menu.
2. Click on the Gaming option.
3. Ensure that the Xbox Game Bar toggle is set to OFF.
👉 Disable NVIDIA overlay
1. Right-click the NVIDIA system tray icon and select NVIDIA GeForce Experience.
2. Log in to your NVIDIA account and click the Gear icon (settings).
3. Disable the toggle IN-GAME OVERLAY in the GENERAL tab.
👉 Disable AMD overlay
1. Click the AMD systray icon to open the Radeon driver software.
2. Locate the General option in the menu and toggle off In-Game Overlay.
In addition to the listed overlay apps, turn off the overlay (or close the app) from the following apps if you have them installed: Discord, MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, Twitch, Razer Synapse, Citrix, etc.
If, after all the steps, Warhammer 3 Chaos Dwarfs still is stuck on the loading screen, consider these options:
- Stop overclocking your GPU/CPU.
- Update DirectX, .NET Framework, and Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime.
- Ensure you are using a discrete graphics card (disable integrated GPU).
- Lower in-game graphics settings and resolution.
- Perform clean boot (Ctrl+Shift+Esc and Disable all unnecessary apps from Startup).
We have sincerely tried to provide you with the best solutions if your TW Warhammer 3 Chaos Dwarfs are stuck on the loading screen. However, comment below if you have any questions, suggestions, or a different solution to the problem.