There Was an Unexpected Error With the Login Session: Fix LoL Problem
Kill the related processes and do these tricks if League of Legends shows unexpected login session error 🎯
If you encounter there was an unexpected error with the login session on the League of Legends, don’t worry. In this article, you will get the proper solutions.
Gamers who play the LoL with Riot client can see that an unexpected error message related to the sign-in session has popped up suddenly. This problem may seem too stubborn to go away. But taking proper steps can help you to overcome this situation.
Learn how to stop League of Legends from crashing if necessary.
What causes League of Legends’ unexpected error with the login session?
Any unexpected problems with login session on League of Legends can occur due to the following reasons:
- Temporary issues: The problem can appear temporarily due to an internal issue on Windows 11 or 10.
- Network problem: If the internet is not stable and there is something wrong with the network configuration, you may encounter login issues on League of Legends.
- Problematic background services: Some problematic background services also can be why you are experiencing this problem.
- Server problem: The problem can occur due to a sudden outage or maintenance on Riot servers.
The above-mentioned things can cause many other issues, including the critical error on League of Legends. But, in the next part of this post, you will learn about the solutions for the login session problem we are talking about.
How do I fix there was an unexpected error with the login session in League of Legends?
Before you take the main steps, we suggest you do the following things:
- Visit the Riot Games Service status and determine if it’s a serverside issue or not.
- Disable your antivirus and firewall to see if it helps.
- Power cycle your router and PC.
- Make sure that the Riot Client is up to date.
After ensuring the above things, to fix the unexpected error with the login session in League of Legends, follow these methods one by one:
1. Kill related processes and try again
Time needed: 3 minutes.
If you want to get rid of there was an unexpected error with the login session in League of Legends, you must sign out and kill all the related processes and then try again.
- When the error occurs, press Alt + F4 and then click on Sign Out, as shown in the screenshot.
- Press Win + X and then open Task Manager.
- Go to the Processes tab.
- Select a process related to the League of Legends and then click on End Task.
- In this way, close all Riot Client Services and League of Legends-related processes.
- Also, find and disable KillerServiceNetwork.exe.
- Relaunch the Riot Client.
- Relaunch the League of Legends.
2. Disable proxy
Proxy can destabilize your internet experience which can be the root of this problem. So, to fix unexpected login session issues in League of Legends, disable the proxy by following these steps:
- Press Win + I to open the Windows Settings.
- Go to Network & internet and then Proxy.
- Disable Automatically detect settings.
- Also, delete any proxy profiles.
- Restart your PC.
3. Use a better DNS
- Go to Network & internet and then navigate to the Wi-Fi or Ethernet, depending on your connection type.
- Click on Edit next to the DNS server assignment.
- Set Manual.
- Enable IPv4.
- Set 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 as your preferred and alternate DNS, and then click on Save.
- Restart your PC.
In the above example, we have used the Google DNS. You can use any other stable and powerful public DNS services like Open DNS, Level 3, etc.
4. Reset network settings
- Navigate to the Advanced network settings from Network & internet.
- Go to Network reset.
- Click on Reset now.
- Restart your PC.
After resetting the network, launch League of Legends using Riot Client. Then, start playing and see whether it has fixed the unexpected error with the login session or not.
In case the login issue on LoL still persists, we suggest you do these things too:
- Update the network driver manually or use DriverFix.
- Update Windows 11 or 10 OS to the latest version.
- Re-install the game.
If necessary, learn how to fix League of Legends’ unable to connect to the server problem.
You have just learned the most practical solutions to solve there was an unexpected error with the login session in the League of Legends. If you know any other ways that can help, feel free to write them in the comment box.
If you encounter any issues or errors while playing your favorite games and require support, feel free to contact us here. Our team is always ready to assist you and ensure your gaming experience is seamless and enjoyable.