Warhammer 40000: Boltgun Crashing [Quick Fix]
You were excited about this first-person shooter, only until you experienced the stability issues? Resolve this problem quickly and efficiently! 👾
You are excited about playing this first-person shooter until you realize how Warhammer 40000 Boltgun crashing ruins the experience. Worry no more! We know the root causes of the issue, and we paired them with the best fixes so that you can enjoy the game fully!
If you experience crashes after upgrading your graphics card, learn how to fix games crashing after installing a new GPU.
Why is Warhammer 40000 Boltgun crashing?
Warhammer 40000 Boltgun is crashing due to a lack of hardware resources on your PC, faulty overclock settings, problematic startup services, an outdated GPU driver, unnecessary background apps creating overlays, corrupted game files, or fullscreen optimization.
How to fix Warhammer 40000 Boltgun crashing?
Begin the troubleshooting with some easy checks and fixes:
- Check the system requirements: Warhammer 40000 Boltgun has more than reasonable minimum requirements. However, if your PC is ancient, it might cause game crashes. You must have DirectX 11.
- Disable overclock settings: If you previously overclocked your GPU or CPU, we advise you to disable these settings and check if the crashes in Warhammer 40k will persist.
- Perform a clean boot: Disable all startup services besides the necessary Windows apps and drivers. Restart your PC and try playing the game.
Proceed with the step-by-step solutions for resolving crashes in Warhammer 40000 Boltgun.
1. Update your GPU driver
Time needed: 5 minutes
An outdated GPU driver will cause stability issues in Warhammer 40000 Boltgun, eventually leading to often game crashes. Update your GPU driver as often as you can!
- Click on the Windows icon, type Device Manager, and open it.
- Double-click on the Display Adapters section.
- Right-click on the GPU and select Update driver.
- Select the Search automatically for drivers option.
- Install the driver update.
- Restart your PC.
If you wish there was a way to avoid manually updating the driver, it is your lucky day! Outbyte Driver Updater is a driver updating tool that will handle complete driver management for you, from scanning to installing!
2. Close background apps
Having apps running in the background while you are gaming often leads to various game issues. The situation with the Warhammer 40000 Boltgun crashing is the same. This is why you should close all apps before running the game.
💡 Another essential thing to consider is apps that create overlays. Either disable overlays in the app settings or fully close the app. Usually, these are Steam, GeForce Experience, and Discord.
- Using the CTRL + Shift + ESC shortcut, open Task Manager.
- Find the apps you don’t need when playing Warhammer 40k in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on the app and choose End task.
⚠ Warning: Never disable background apps or processes you are unfamiliar with!
3. Verify game files
Corrupted game files have been bothering gamers since the first days of the modern gaming industry. This is why Steam offers an easy way to verify if all game files are where they should be in the form they should be!
- Launch Steam and go to the Library.
- Right-click on Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun and select Properties.
- Select the Local Files tab, and click on Verify integrity of the game files.
4. Disable fullscreen optimizations
Fullscreen optimization is a Windows feature that is supposed to optimize the performance of your PC while you play games or use resource-demanding apps. However, it doesn’t always serve the purpose.
- Right-click on the game executable (.exe) file and open Properties.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab.
- Tick the box next to Disable fullscreen optimizations.
- Click on Apply and OK.
If you did everything we suggested and still can’t play Warhammer 40000 Boltgun due to regular crashes, try to:
- 🥵 Check the temperatures: This primarily concerns the GPU, for which the optimal temperature is 85° C (185° F). Ensure proper ventilation and remove dust from your PC.
- 🛡 Temporary disable the antivirus software: Check if the game stability improves, and if it does, add Warhammer 40000 Boltgun as an exception, so your antivirus doesn’t cause crashes when enabled.
- 💻 For portable gamers: If you are playing Warhammer 40000 Boltgun on the go using your laptop, click on the battery icon in the taskbar, and set the Power mode to the Best Performance.
Hopefully, you are enjoying the game thoroughly, and the Warhammer 40000 Boltgun crashing is not close to your mind. However, if you still struggle with the game’s stability, comment with additional details, such as when the game crashes and the error code you get.