CE-107880-4 Error PS5: Best 3 Ways to Fix This Problem
If you encounter the error CE-107880-4 on PlayStation 5, restore license or rebuild the cache 🎮
Are you constantly getting the CE-107880-4 error on PS5? You are not alone. In recent days, a lot of users have been having this issue. Fortunately, there are very effective solutions to fix this problem.
Usually, this error code appears when a player tries to download a game update or a DLC in PlayStation 5. You may face this issue in any game. But, recently, many gamers are encountering this error CE-107880-4 on the new Resident Evil 4 Remake.
When this error appears, you may see the message Something went wrong along with the error code.
What causes error code CE-107880-4 on PlayStation 5?
It’s tough to figure out what causes this issue. However, this problem is related to the licensing or remote server. Usually, these are the common reasons:
- Problem with the remote server: If the remote server that has hosted the content is having some problem or has been overloaded, you may encounter this problem or the error WS-116415-8 on PlayStation.
- Internet connection problem: Your internet connection problem also can trigger this error CE-107880-4 while downloading an update for Resident Evil 4 Remake or any other games or DLC on PS5.
- Licensing issue: If there is something wrong with the license for downloaded content from the PlayStation store, it might be the reason why you are getting this error code.
How do I fix the CE-107880-4 error on PS5?
We have found the best working solution to fix this problem. However, before going through the actual methods, we suggest you check the following things:
- Visit the PlayStation status page and see if everything is OK or not.
- Make sure that you have a stable internet connection.
- Ensure that you are using Google DNS or any other well-known public DNS rather than the default one provided by your ISP.
- Power cycle your router or modem and also the console.
Now, you can go through the following methods to fix the CE-107880-4 error on PlayStation 5:
1. Remove problematic DLC
- Select the problematic game.
- Press the Options button on your controller.
- Select Manage Game Content.
- Delete the problematic DLC.
- Try re-downloading the content and see if it helps.
Now, you should be able to download the update or DLC without encountering the error CE-107880-4.
While removing content, look for the one having a text, something like Unknown content, or anything similar.
2. Restore the licenses
Time needed: 5 minutes
To fix the CE-107880-4 error on PlayStation5, restoring the licenses is the best method you can try right now.
Now, try to update the problematic game like Resident Evil 4 Remake on your PS5 and see if you still get the CE-107880-4 error or not.
3. Clear cache
Clearing the cache and rebuilding the database is another excellent method you can try to fix this error code CE-107880-4 on your PS5 gaming console. For this, follow these steps:
- Turn off the PS5.
- Remove power cables and connected accessories.
- Keep it in this state for at least 5 minutes.
- Connect the power cable.
- Connect your controller using a USB cable.
- Press and hold the Power button. You will hear a beep sound immediately.
- Release the Power button when you hear the second beep after a few seconds.
- Press the PS button when you see the safe mode screen on the screen.
- Use Dpad to navigate to the Clear Cache and Rebuild Database and tap on it.
- Tap on Clear System Software cache.
- After this process, tap on Rebuild Database.
- Wait for a while until it finishes the process.
Now, try to update the game again and see if it has solved the problem or not.
If this problem still keeps bugging you, we suggest you do the following things:
- Install the problematic game update using the PlayStation’s smartphone app.
- Try re-installing the game.
- Try from a different network.
- Contact the PlayStation or the problematic game support team for a resolution.
You can learn how to solve Resident Evil 4 Remake keeps crashing if necessary.
This article has explained the most effective methods to fix the CE-107880-4 error on PS5. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to let us know in the comment box.