Combat Master Low FPS Drops: Fix It Quickly
Are you struggling because the frame rate in Combat Master makes the game unplayable? The good news is that this can be fixed easily! 🚀
Combat Master FPS drops can ruin your experience with this first-person shooter. To avoid this, we recommend optimizing your system using the solutions in this article. We recommend keeping the game updated as the developers optimize the game and deliver the optimization through patches.
If the FPS isn’t the only issue, and you are struggling with starting the game, check how to fix Combat Master won’t launch.
Why do I have Combat Master FPS drops?
Combat Master FPS drops occur due to a lack of hardware resources, outdated Windows or GPU drivers, obsolete cache files, misconfigured in-game graphics settings, high temperatures, or your PC isn’t optimized for gaming since the Game Mode is disabled.
How to fix Combat Master FPS drops?
Increase FPS in Combat Master by applying these easy fixes and performing quick checks:
- Check the system requirements: At least the minimum system requirements for Combat Master should match the hardware specifications of your PC if you want to play the game without FPS drops. If this is not the case, upgrade the component lacking the computing power.
- Disable the vertical synchronization: Depending on your system, this option might be helpful, so check if it boosts your FPS, and if not, disable it. Launch Combat Master and head to the game options. Find the Vsync option, disable it, and check how the game will perform.
- Check for Windows updates: Click on the Windows icon, type Check for updates, and open these System Settings from the search results. If any updates are available, install them and restart your PC.
If you are still not satisfied with the frame rate you get on your PC, try to:
1. Update the GPU driver
Time needed: 5 minutes
If your GPU uses an outdated driver, it will not perform fully. To avoid Combat Master FPS drops and performance issues in other games, you must keep the GPU driver updated.
- Click on the Windows icon, type Device Manager, and open it from the search results.
- Double-click on the Display Adapters section to expand it.
- Right-click on the GPU and select Update driver.
- Choose the Search automatically for drivers.
- Follow the steps to install the update.
Try another driver updater tool if no update is found.
- Restart your PC.
A faster method for updating drivers than Device Manager is Outbyte Driver Updater. This driver updater tool will keep all of your drivers (including the GPU driver) updated, and you won’t experience performance issues for this reason anymore!
⇒ Get Outbyte Driver Updater
2. Disable background apps
Background apps will consume resources even when playing Combat Master in fullscreen. We recommend you disable all unnecessary background apps before launching the game.
💡 If you must keep some apps running, like Discord, GeForce Experience or Steam, ensure they are not creating screen overlays. This can be disabled in the app settings.
- Using the CTRL + Shift + ESC shortcut, open Task Manager.
- Find the apps you don’t need when playing the Combat Master in the Processes tab.
- Right-click on the app and choose End task.
- Repeat the previous steps for other unnecessary apps.
⚠ Caution: Never disable Windows-related processes and your antivirus software. Doing so can result in problems with your OS and security vulnerabilities.
3. Delete cache files
Games, like every other program on your PC, create cache files so they can launch faster and run smoother. However, if you experience problems in games and programs, such as Combat Master FPS drops, it is safe to say that deleting cache files might help you resolve the issue.
- Use the Windows Key + R shortcut to open the Run dialog, type %localappdata%, and hit OK.
- Press CTRL + A to select all files in the folder.
- Hit the Delete key to delete all of the files in the folder.
➡ If some files can’t be deleted, click on Skip.
For some gamers, these solutions will make a minimal impact, so we are leaving a few extra things to do to stop Combat Master FPS drops:
- 💻 Tweak the graphics settings: Even if your PC meets the requirements for the game, you can try lowering the Render Quality to Medium or even Low to check if FPS drops will continue. These settings can be found in the Graphics tab of Options.
- 🔥 Check the temperatures: Ensure your PC is adequately ventilated to avoid high temperatures on the device components. You can remove the dust, change the thermal paste or replace your current cooling system if you discover the temperatures are too high.
- 🎮 Enable Game Mode: This feature optimizes your PC when you play games. Click on the Windows icon, type Game Mode, open it from the search results, and enable it.
Combat Master FPS drops might happen even after you take all the steps mentioned. If so, consider reinstalling Windows, with files backed up somewhere else, to have a completely new installation on your PC. Let us know if this or any other solution has fixed your issue, and if not, share more about your case in the comment section.