DAVE THE DIVER Crashing on Pc: How to Fix It Quickly
Take a deep breath and dive into solutions which will resolve crashes in Dave the Diver! 🤿
With amazing game mechanisms, it won the hearts of many gamers, at least until they started experiencing Dave the Diver crashing. We are here to bring the love back to the game by troubleshooting the issues on your PC that cause this annoying stability problem.
If you recently upgraded your RAM, it might be related to the problem you are experiencing. Learn how to troubleshoot crash issues that occur after installing new RAM.
Why is Dave the Diver crashing?
Dave the Diver is crashing due to poor system specifications, corrupted game files, Windows permission problems, unnecessary background apps, an outdated GPU driver, problematic startup services, issues with Windows Firewall, faulty overclock settings, high temperatures, or problems with your antivirus.
How to fix Dave the Diver crashing?
Get started with these checks and fixes:
- Check the system requirements: Your PC must meet at least the minimum system requirements for Dave the Diver so it runs smoothly and without stability issues.
- Run the game as an administrator: Right-click on the executable file, select Properties and navigate to the Compatibility tab. Enable Run this program as an administrator and hit OK.
- Verify game files: Steam offers a quick and reliable way to scan game files to find corrupted ones. If any such files are found, the platform will automatically repair them.
- Close background apps: Before launching Dave the Diver, close all apps in the taskbar. Use the Task Manager to close background apps that can cause compatibility issues or consume resources.
Proceed with the step-by-step solutions for troubleshooting crashes in Dave the Diver.
1. Update the GPU driver
Time needed: 5 minutes
An outdated GPU driver won’t handle your graphics card properly so it will underperform. Graphics card manufacturers like Nvidia and AMD create patches that fix these issues and release them through driver updates. To receive the update, you must either manually update the GPU driver or use a tool.
- Click on the Windows icon, type Device Manager, and open it.
- Double-click on the Display Adapters section.
- Right-click on your GPU and select the Update driver option.
- Choose the Search automatically for drivers option.
- Install the driver update.
- Restart your PC.
Are you tired of managing your drivers manually? We introduce you to the Outbyte Driver Updater! This tool will take control and responsibility over the complete driver management process so you can enjoy diving and exploring the deep sea in Dave the Diver.
⇒ Get Outbyte Driver Updater
2. Perform a Clean Boot
Apps you install on your PC automatically start their services when your OS is booted. To prevent this from happening and with compatibility problems, disable all unnecessary startup services in System Configuration.
- Use the Windows + R shortcut, type msconfig, and hit Enter.
- Navigate to the Services tab.
- Check Hide all Microsoft services and then hit the Disable All button.
- Click OK and restart your PC.
3. Allow Dave the Diver through the Firewall
Windows Firewall should be kept enabled at all times as it is the most extensive line of defense between your PC and various threats waiting for you. However, if Dave the Diver crashes frequently, you might want to add it as an exception in the Firewall settings.
- Click on the Windows icon, type Windows Defender Firewall, and open it.
- Click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click on Change Settings and Allow Another App.
- Select Browse, and navigate to the Dave the Diver installation folder.
- Click on the Dave the Diver executable file (.exe) and select Open.
- Check the checkbox in columns Private and Public in the Dave the Diver row and hit OK.
- Restart your PC.
If you still experience Dave the Diver crashing, try to:
- ❌ Disable overclock settings: Overclocking your PC’s components can significantly boost performance. However, if you experience Dave the Diver crashing, we advise you to disable them.
- 🥶 Keep cool: Ensure your PC is adequately ventilated and you regularly change the thermal paste on the necessary components.
- 🛡 Temporarily disable the antivirus: Similarly to the Windows Firewall, the game might be blocked by your antivirus. If this turns out to be the case, whitelist the game and re-enable the protection.
- 🔁 Reinstall Dave the Diver: Uninstall the game, restart your PC and install Dave the Diver on your PC. Although the last resort as it takes the most time, we advise you to try it if nothing else helps.
These were the ways to troubleshoot the Dave the Diver crashing problems. Comment with feedback on the most useful one, and let us know if you discover an additional way to prevent stability issues in this fantastic adventure game.