Fatal Frame Mask of the Lunar Eclipse Won’t Launch: Best Fixes
If you cannot open the Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse on your PC, update the GPU driver and repair the game files 🎯
The Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse won’t launch if there is a problem with the game itself or your PC settings or configuration. But you can easily run this item if you take the proper steps.
The previous Fatal Frame/Project Zero editions got favorable attention from horror game lovers. The new one has better graphics and storylines. If it doesn’t run on your PC without showing any clue, it is a disappointing matter. Luckily, there are quite effective methods you can try to solve this problem.
Why the Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse won’t open on my PC?
If you cannot run this Japanese horror survival game on Windows 11 or 10 PC, it is because of any of these reasons:
- Problematic drivers: Outdated or buggy drivers, especially those related to the graphics card, are most likely the reason you cannot launch this story-driven horror thriller game.
- Outdated components: Apart from the drivers, any other outdated PC components can also cause this problem.
- Third-party services: Some third-party services, like your Antivirus or Firewall, may be blocking something which is preventing the Mask of the Lunar Eclipse from opening on your computer.
- Problematic game files: Else, if the related game files have some problem, it also may create similar issues.
How to solve Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse won’t launch?
Before getting started, we suggest you ensure that your PC meets the Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse’s system requirements. Then, do these quick things:
- Disable your antivirus and firewall temporarily.
- Install the Visual C++ packages and DirectX Runtime.
- Restart Windows.
Now, go through the following methods one by one to solve the game-opening problem:
- Update drivers
- Disable problematic tasks
- Clear Steam cache
- Repair the game files
- Re-install the game
- Update Windows
1. Update drivers
- Open the Start Menu, type device manager, and hit Enter.
- Expand Display adapters.
- Right-click on the graphics driver, and click on the Update driver.
- Click on Search automatically for drivers and follow any on-screen instructions.
- In this way, update all of the important drivers on your computer and restart Windows.
Manually updating dozens of drivers may take a lot of time. So, we recommend you use Outbyte Driver Updater. It can scan and update all of the outdated drivers at once with just a single click.
⇒ Get Outbyte Driver Updater
2. Disable problematic tasks
- Press Win + X on the keyboard and then click on Task Manager.
- Go to the Processes tab.
- Select the task you want to disable and then click on End Task.
- Disable any suspicious processes in this way.
You should disable any FPS or game booster, overclocking services, MSI Afterburner, Razer Synapse, and other similar processes. However, don’t disable anything if you don’t know about that.
Killing the unnecessary processes also can help you to improve FPS on the Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse.
3. Clear Steam cache
- Open the Steam desktop app.
- Click on Steam on the menu and go to Settings.
- Navigate the Downloads tab and click on Clear Download Cache.
- Relaunch Steam.
Clearing the download cache is a very effective and common method to solve problems like Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse won’t launch.
4. Repair the game files
Time needed: 3 minutes
In most cases, corrupted files in the game installation directory are the reason it is not launching. In this case, repairing these files will solve the problem.
Sometimes, it may take a longer time to finish the repair process. After that, if possible, restart Windows and try to play the game.
5. Re-install the game
- Go to your Steam game library like before.
- Right-click on Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse, hover the cursor on Manage, then click Uninstall.
- Click on the Install button after finishing the previous process.
- Select the game installation location and click on Next.
- Finish the process.
6. Update Windows
- Press Win + I on the keyboard to open Windows Settings.
- Go to Windows Update and click on Check for updates.
- Install if any update is available.
- Restart your PC.
Not only the Windows update, but you also should update every outdated component on your PC. Then, try to launch the game and see if the problem still exists.
If necessary, learn how to solve Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse crashing.
This article has explained how you can fix Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse not opening. If you have any questions, write them down in the comment box.