Dying Light 2 Crashing on PC: How to Fix It Quickly
If you want to stop Dying Light 2 Crashing on PC, make sure you meet the system requirements
The new game version is called Dying Light The Following, and it has a brand-new Legend system, improved visuals, and major gameplay enhancements. Because the game was enhanced, some players encountered different crashes when trying to start or play the game.
They are unable to start the game due to issues like Dying Light 2 crashing on startup, the game won’t load or crash every 10 minutes.
Plus, the most frequent error reported by players is Dying Light 2 keeps crashing, keeps crashing on PC or on Xbox One, PS4, and PS5 consoles. More so, many are wondering why Dying Light 2 crashes on PC when joining friends.
Below you can find the workarounds on how to fix crashing errors on Dying Light 2 and play the game.
Why does Dying Light 2 keep crashing?
In most cases, you will face Dying Light 2 crashing on the PC due to numerous reasons, such as damaged game files or incompatible programs running on your device.
Another cause that may generate this error is your graphics driver availability, therefore make sure you have them up to date. Plus, you should always verify if your PC has the minimum system requirements to run the game.
How to fix Dying Light 2 crashing?
Table of contents:
- Resolve corrupted game files
- Turn off the antivirus protection
- Update the graphics driver
- Run the game as an administrator
- Reinstall the game
1. Resolve corrupted game files
If you’re getting crashing errors on Dying Light 2, a reliable way to determine the cause and fix the game is to verify the game files.
Following this process allows you to detect the corrupted game files and restore them in order to solve various crashes in this gameplay.
2. Turn off the antivirus protection
- Open the Windows Security process from the search box.
- Click on Virus & threat protection.
- Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings.
- Tick the Real-time protection to stop the antivirus effects.
- Close the app and retry your game.
3. Update the graphics driver
- Enter Device Manager in the Windows Search.
- Right-click on the driver to select Update driver from Display adapters.
- Now, select Search automatically for the driver.
- After it’s completed, restart your PC to complete the process.
1. Download and install DriverFix.
2. Launch the application.
3. Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
4. The software will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d like fixed.
5. Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
6. Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
4. Run the game as an administrator
- Open File Explorer and navigate to the game location.
- Once you find it, right-click on the game and select Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab and check the Run this program as an administrator box.
- Click on Apply and then OK to close the window.
- Relaunch the game.
5. Reinstall the game
If you have reached this method without any success, a practical way to restore your game would be to completely reinstall it on your PC.
- You can perform this action either from your game launcher in the Library or using Control Panel to remove the game from your Windows device.
We hope that our tutorial helped you fix your Dying Light errors and that now you are playing and enjoying the game.
If you encounter any issues or if you have questions please use the comment section below and we will help you fix your game.
If you encounter any issues or errors while playing your favorite games and require support, feel free to contact us here. Our team is always ready to assist you and ensure your gaming experience is seamless and enjoyable.
Guys, I can’t save the game. I reached the part with the car, exit,when enter the game again it is 0% as if I never played..
Always run the game in Administrator mode. (Right click, run as adminstrator)
I have the same problem here, also tried admin’s mode but it doesn’t help
I was dropped out a friends game, suddenly i was kicked back to singleplayer. Now suddenly i spawned at the beginning of the following dlc, story 2%. While i had 90%. Now the next day, i load my savegame, but i lost all the missions and subquests, although story is still on 90% and i have still all my weapons and levels. i am on ps4, solution?
I’m playing on Xbone and when I try joining my friends game it’s says game is no longer available
I just got the Enhanced Edition today and was quite excited to play it taking that i also have the first dying light game, loved it but this one won’t let me even load the content onto my ps4 everytime i try to start the game it shows me the loading screen then goes to an error message saying ” Cannot start the application (CE-30005-8) ” if anyone has an idea of how to fix this please let me know ASAP.
Hey, i have this problem that whenever i play the game for some while then close the game, the save data are always deleted somehow, i couldn’t fine any solution, plz help me, tnx.
i also tried running the game in administration mode, it doesnt help
https://youtu.be/7Pkpnb9bMa0 check out that problem
Are you referring to the fact that you get stuck in that area?
My game has no vibrations its turned on in settings and im playing on xbox any solutions?
I have the same problem, when using lockpicks (no wibration when using), but I quickly figured out that battery is on low. I put brand new and problem dissapear.
[…] UPDATE: If you are encountering errors in the new Dying Light The Following DLC or the enhanced version of the game follow this tutorial here: How to Fix Dying Light The Following Errors […]