Dying Light 2 Crashing on PC: How to Fix It Quickly
If you want to stop Dying Light 2 Crashing on PC, make sure you meet the system requirements
The new game version is called Dying Light The Following, and it has a brand-new Legend system, improved visuals, and major gameplay enhancements. Because the game was enhanced, some players encountered different crashes when trying to start or play the game.
They are unable to start the game due to issues like Dying Light 2 crashing on startup, the game won’t load or crash every 10 minutes.
Plus, the most frequent error reported by players is Dying Light 2 keeps crashing, keeps crashing on PC or on Xbox One, PS4, and PS5 consoles. More so, many are wondering why Dying Light 2 crashes on PC when joining friends.
Below you can find the workarounds on how to fix crashing errors on Dying Light 2 and play the game.
Why does Dying Light 2 keep crashing?
In most cases, you will face Dying Light 2 crashing on the PC due to numerous reasons, such as damaged game files or incompatible programs running on your device.
Another cause that may generate this error is your graphics driver availability, therefore make sure you have them up to date. Plus, you should always verify if your PC has the minimum system requirements to run the game.
How to fix Dying Light 2 crashing?
Table of contents:
- Resolve corrupted game files
- Turn off the antivirus protection
- Update the graphics driver
- Run the game as an administrator
- Reinstall the game
1. Resolve corrupted game files
If you’re getting crashing errors on Dying Light 2, a reliable way to determine the cause and fix the game is to verify the game files.
Following this process allows you to detect the corrupted game files and restore them in order to solve various crashes in this gameplay.
2. Turn off the antivirus protection
- Open the Windows Security process from the search box.
- Click on Virus & threat protection.
- Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings.
- Tick the Real-time protection to stop the antivirus effects.
- Close the app and retry your game.
3. Update the graphics driver
- Enter Device Manager in the Windows Search.
- Right-click on the driver to select Update driver from Display adapters.
- Now, select Search automatically for the driver.
- After it’s completed, restart your PC to complete the process.
1. Download and install Outbyte Driver Updater.
2. Launch the application.
3. Wait for Outbyte Driver Updater to detect all your faulty drivers.
4. The software will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d like fixed.
5. Wait for Outbyte Driver Updater to download and install the newest drivers.
6. Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
4. Run the game as an administrator
- Open File Explorer and navigate to the game location.
- Once you find it, right-click on the game and select Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab and check the Run this program as an administrator box.
- Click on Apply and then OK to close the window.
- Relaunch the game.
5. Reinstall the game
If you have reached this method without any success, a practical way to restore your game would be to completely reinstall it on your PC.
- You can perform this action either from your game launcher in the Library or using Control Panel to remove the game from your Windows device.
We hope that our tutorial helped you fix your Dying Light errors and that now you are playing and enjoying the game.
If you encounter any issues or if you have questions please use the comment section below and we will help you fix your game.