[Fix] Homefront: The Revolution Crashing, Low FPS & Stutter
First, make sure that your PC meets the minimum system requirements of the game ✅
Some players are encountering errors in Homefront: The Revolution and they are unable to play it. The game is an open-world first-person shooter where you must lead the Resistance movement in guerrilla warfare against a superior military force.
The most encountered Homefront: The Revolution errors are:
- Performance Issues – apparently the game is super laggy with constant Low FPS or FPS Drops
- Crashes during the startup and during the gameplay:
- Game crashes when I enter tunnels
- Opening scene crashes
- Crash on PC
- Crashes at subway
- Crash same spot
- When entering Red Zone first time
- Crashes card
- Crashes after mission
- Crafting crash
- Issues when starting the game, missing executable error or nothing happens
In order to resolve annoying crashes or low FPS, you can download the Homefront The Revolution patch and possibly fix your issues. Plus, take a look at the Homefront The Revolution patch download to fix it now.
Situations in which Homefront: The Revolution keeps crashing:
- During startup: If the game crashes during startup, it could be due to compatibility issues with your system or a problem with the game’s files. Try updating the game, verifying the game files, or running the game in Safe Mode to see if these steps help.
- During gameplay: If the game crashes during gameplay, it could be due to a number of factors. It could be a problem with your graphics drivers, a compatibility issue with your system, or an issue with the game itself. Try updating your graphics drivers and the game, verifying the game files, or running the game in Safe Mode to see if these steps help.
- When loading a save file: If the game crashes when loading a save file, it could be due to a problem with the save file itself. Try creating a new save file and see if the problem persists. If the issue persists with a new save file, it could be due to a problem with the game or your system.
- When using certain in-game features: If the game crashes when using certain in-game features, it could be due to an issue with those specific features. Try disabling any mods or custom content you may be using and see if the problem persists. If the issue persists, it could be due to a problem with the game or your system.
✅ Preliminary workaround: Firstly, be sure that your PC meets the minimum system requirements of the game. After that go ahead and search for your issue in the list below where you will also find a solution on how to fix it.
These are the Homefront The Revolution system requirements you must have in order to play the game:
- OS: Windows 7/8/10 all x64
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4570T (2.9 GHz) or equivalent or AMD FX-6100 (3.3 GHz) or equivalent
- Memory: 6144 MB RAM
- Graphics: GeForce GTX 560 TI (1024 MB) or equivalent or Radeon R7 260X (2048 MB) or equivalent
- Storage: 38 GB available space
- OS: Windows 7/8/10 all x64
- Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K (3.3 GHz) or equivalent or AMD FX-8320 (3.5 GHz) or equivalent
- Memory: 8192 MB RAM
- Graphics: GeForce GTX 760 (2048 MB) or equivalent or Radeon HD 7870 (2048 MB) or equivalent
- Storage: 38 GB available space
🛠️ How to fix:
- Update your graphics drivers
- Check for system updates
- Verify the game files
- Lower the graphics settings
- Close other programs
- Reinstall game
#1 Homefront: The Revolution Crashing
Some players are encountering random crashes throughout the game or when they try to start it. To fix these crashes you should try to restart Steam and check for a new update of the game.
If after the restart you still have this problem, follow these quick steps:
1. Update your graphics drivers
Make sure you have the latest graphics drivers installed for your graphics card. Outdated or incorrect drivers can cause the game to crash, so update your drivers as in the example below:
- Type Device Manager and press Enter in the Windows search.
- Find the Display adapter device and select Update driver.
- Choose the Search automatically for drivers option.
- Wait for the process to be completed.
- If it detects obsolete drivers, install the new driver version for your PC.
In addition to that, you have a more efficient alternative which is a driver update tool that will scan your PC and update your graphics card in no time.
- Sometimes updating your GPU driver manually might be a bit hard or time-consuming, just know that you can update your drivers automatically with a dedicated third-party app, such as DriverFix. You can use it for any driver that you want to update, and it works in just a couple of clicks.
2. Check for system updates
- Click on Start and type Windows Update.
- Select the Check for updates options.
- If you have new updates, they will appear on the screen.
- Press on the Install update button to proceed.
- When the update is ready, restart your computer.
Thus, follow the guide above to make sure your Windows OS is up to date. Outdated system software can cause the game to crash.
3. Verify the game files
If the game files are corrupt or missing, it can cause the game to crash. To verify the game files, you’ll need to open the Steam client and navigate to the game’s page in your library.
- Right-click on the game and select Properties.
- Click on the Local Files tab.
- Select Verify integrity of game files.
- You should get the All files are validated message.
4. Lower the graphics settings
If you’re experiencing crashes when playing the game, try lowering the graphics settings in the game’s options menu. This can help if your system is struggling to run the game at its highest settings.
5. Close other programs
If you have other programs running in the background, they may be conflicting with the game and causing it to crash. Try closing any unnecessary programs before launching the game.
- Access Task Manager from the Start search.
- Go to the Processes tab.
- Right-click on any program running in the background.
- Click on the End task option to close it.
6. Reinstall the game
If none of the above steps help, you may need to uninstall and reinstall the game. This can help if the game is experiencing issues with its installation.
#2 Homefront: The Revolution Low FPS, Stuttering, Lag
A lot of players are encountering performance issues, apparently, this is the most encountered issue in the game. Low FPS and other performance issues like lag or stuttering are making the game unplayable.
Even players with a high-end PC are encountering these types of issues. Read the review of the game below that describes the optimization of the game.
Even with a mid-high end PC (GTX970 and a second gen i7) This game is optimised terribly. Even when turing every setting down to low I can’t even hold a steady 60fps. The shooting feels terrible, inacurate, and jerky, along with enemies feeling very bullet spoungy.
I actually love the setting, and was hoping for something like another Freedom Fighters with this, but it’s such a ♥♥♥♥ poor attempt, avoid this game.
Solution for Performance Issues: To fix the game performance issues and achieve a stable frame rate you need to check our tutorial below and apply it to your game, after that you should have constant fps and no lag. But make sure to meet the system requirements of the game before of following our tutorial.
#3 Homefront: The Revolution Start Issues
Some players that preloaded the game and unlocked it are unable to start due to some “Missing executable” error. Even after they verify the game files and restart Steam this error is not fixed. Others also reported that nothing happens when they try to start the game from Steam or that they get a crash on the desktop.
Apparently, an update is now available for the game and you just need to restart Steam and apply the update to your game. If this won’t help check the workaround below, which was posted on the Steam forum, or better follow our tutorial at the end of the post to start your game with no issues.
Close Steam, go to programs/steam to the appcache file and delete it. Restart computer, before restarting steam disable firewalls, antivirus and all the like. then start steam and let it do its thing. after all is done activate your firewalls and antivirus and anything you turne off. try to run game. it worked for me.
We hope that your guide helped you fix your Homefront: The Revolution errors and bugs, if you encounter any other issues in the game or if you don’t know how to apply the patch to your game, comment below or use our contact page and we will help you fix your game. –GamesErrors Team
If you encounter any issues or errors while playing your favorite games and require support, feel free to contact us here. Our team is always ready to assist you and ensure your gaming experience is seamless and enjoyable.
Just after displaying the opening logos, the screen starts flashing off/on. Have to kill the task.