Just Cause 3 Not Launching: How to Fix It & Other Errors
Just Cause won't launch or crashing on startup? Don't worry, we have the right fixes for you! 🎯
The most common issue encountered by players is Just Cause 3 game not launching. Since the game was released on Steam, people have complained about it and called it a complete mess with a lot of errors and bugs.
The game also got some pretty bad reviews, with players complaining about the game not being properly optimized and being full of glitches. Below you can see a list with all of these errors detailed and workarounds on how to fix them.
Why isn’t Just Cause 3 working?
There are various reasons why Just Cause 3 is not launching or working, such as corrupted or missing files, outdated GPU drivers, overlays, and other third-party programs interfering with the game, or unnecessary background processes that eat up your resources.
How to fix Just Cause 3 not launching?
To fix the Just Cause 3 not launching problem, start with the following pre-checks:
As a preliminary check, you should make sure that you meet the minimum system requirements.
As a preliminary check, you should make sure that you meet the minimum system requirements of the game, or you can also run the game as an administrator with the next steps:
1. Check the integrity of game files
- Start the Steam app and select Library.
- Right-click on the game and click Properties.
- Navigate to the Local Files and click on Verify the integrity of game files.
- If there are corrupted files, repair them accordingly.
2. Update GPU drivers
- Open Device Manager on your desktop.
- Select Display adapters and select Update driver.
- Pick Search automatically for the driver.
- After the update, restart your PC to complete the process.
If you need to manage all your drivers more efficiently, we suggest the most ideal tool for this job. Outbyte Driver Updater is a driver update manager that will fully scan your PC and detect outdated drivers that you will update altogether or individually in a few clicks.
⇒ Get Outbyte Driver Updater
3. Disable Steam overlay
- Click on Steam to open it and go to Settings.
- Navigate to the In-Game tab.
- Uncheck Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.
- Click OK and try to launch the game now.
🦗Other Just Cause 3 related errors
Just Cause 3 Crashes to desktop:
Some players encountered multiple Just Cause 3 crashes during different parts of the game, for example, when they were trying to launch it or when the game crashed randomly during gameplay. Others reported that the game crashed when you tried to change the resolution too.
- Go to the “Graphics” tab in the options menu.
- Set the “Screen Space Reflections” option to “Off”.
Just Cause 3 Unable to run in Borderless Fullscreen Window:
While playing, some gamers noticed that they couldn’t run Just Cause 3 in a borderless Fullscreen window. If you are one of them, follow the steps below:
- Right-Click the game in your Steam Library and go to Properties .
- Go to the Set Launch Options.
- Enter “/borderless /windowed” command.
- Restart your device.
Just Cause 3 Stuttering
During their gameplay, some players encountered the Just Cause 3 stuttering problem. If you are having this problem too, check out the fixes below:
- Set the “Motion Blur” option to “Off.” from the “Graphics” tab
- Enable V-sync.
- Tweak your graphic settings.
If these workarounds are not working for you, a fresh reinstall of the game might resolve the issue with this game. You can simply perform it from the game launcher or from the Windows Programs and Features.
We hope that our guide helped you fix Just Cause 3 launching errors and that now you are playing the game.
If you have any questions or if you encounter difficulties in applying our tips to your game please comment below and we will help you.
If you encounter any issues or errors while playing your favorite games and require support, feel free to contact us here. Our team is always ready to assist you and ensure your gaming experience is seamless and enjoyable.