Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Not Launching: How to Fix
If your game is not launching on Metal Gear Solid V, be sure your drivers are updated
Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes issues were reported by many players after the game was released on the Steam platform.
The errors that players encountered in the game are random crashes, the game not starting/launching, and more. Check the issues to see what you have and follow the solutions below to fix them once and for all.
Before that, make sure you meet the minimum system requirements of the game in order to play it perfectly.
How do I fix Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes not launching?
- Run the game in compatibility mode
- Update the GPU drivers
- Repair the game files
- Check the launching options
1. Run the game in compatibility mode
A practical method you can utilize with confidence is allowing the game to launch in compatibility mode. That’s because you can make the game available for other Windows versions, which may resolve launching issues.
2. Update the GPU drivers
- Open Device Manager service.
- Select Display adapters and right-click on the driver.
- Click on Update driver.
- Select Search automatically for drivers.
- Restart your PC to apply the effects.
- Download and install Outbyte Driver Updater software.
- After installation, launch the tool on your PC.
- The scanning process will start automatically. (It will display a list of all the outdated or missing drivers on your PC).
- Choose the Update button next to your outdated drivers in the list to start.
- After updating your drivers, restart your PC to finish the process.
3. Check the launching options
- Open the Steam launcher and go to the Library.
- Right-click on the game to open the Properties option.
- On the General tab, click on the bar under Launch options.
- See if there are any commands in the box and only type -safe.
4. Repair the game files
- Start the Steam client.
- Right-click on the game Properties in the Library.
- Go to the Local Files tab and select Verify integrity of game files.
- Wait to detect the corrupted files and repair them by default.
Other various issues on Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes
➡️ Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes Crashes – your game might crash at the startup while the loading screen is on, or it might randomly crash while you are playing.
FIX: Make sure that you meet the minimum system requirements and that you updated your graphic card driver.
➡️ Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes Screen Issues, some players are unable to find the ultra-wide resolution and others are encountering screen tearing issues.
FIX: One of the ways to fix this issue is to force V-Sync using an external application like Nvidia Inspector. Trying limiting the FPS to a little less than solid 60 using the Nvidia Inspector to overcome this issue.
➡️ Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes No Controller Support – some players are unable to add a controller or their controls are mixed up.
FIX: Unplug your external controller and double-check all USB-connected devices followed by running the game. Once you are inside the game, plug in your external controllers, and it should work flawlessly.
We hope that our guide helped you fix Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes not launching and that now you can play and enjoy the game.
Plus, you can also find reliable fixes for Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain not starting issue, so be sure to check it out.
All being said, leave a comment below if you encounter problems or if you have other errors we can help you with.