Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain Not Starting: How to Fix
If you're getting Metal Gear Solid 5 not launching, make sure to update your drivers
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is a stealth gameplay published by Konami and it got a lot of positive reviews, but the game has some issues that are affecting players.
The most common issues in the game are Metal Gear Solid 5 not starting or not launching from your game launcher.
Different players are also experiencing issues with the game not starting on PC due to a number of causes described in this guide. At the same time, you can as well get Metal Gear Solid 5 not launching on Steam, PS4, or Windows 11 devices.
Below you can see all of these issues detailed, and also you can see resolutions on how to fix them safely.
Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain Not Starting?
- Check the integrity of game files
- Get the latest graphics driver version
- Check for Windows updates
- Disable Steam Overlay
1. Check the integrity of game files
- Open Steam on the desktop and select Library.
- Click Properties from the drop-down menu of the game.
- Navigate to the Local Files.
- Click on Verify the integrity of game files and repair the game files.
- Relaunch your game.
2. Get the latest graphics driver version
- Open Device Manager service.
- Expand Display adapters and right-click on the driver to select Update driver.
- Select Search automatically for the driver.
- Now, restart your PC to complete the process.
3. Check for Windows updates
- Open the Windows Update app.
- Select the Check for updates button.
- Click on Download & Install if there are available updates.
- After the process is complete, reboot your PC.
4. Disable Steam Overlay
- Click on Settings on the Steam client.
- Go to the In-Game tab.
- Deselect Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.
- Select OK and close the tab.
🎮Other related running issues on Metal Gear Solid V
➡️ Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Startup Issues – many users are reporting issues with the start of the game like crashing on the launch or a black screen when they try to start the game through Steam.
➡️ Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Crashes – for some players the game crashes randomly at startup or when they are playing, and they are encountering “MGS V: TPP has stopped working.”
➡️ Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Low FPS/FPS Drops – some players encounter FPS Drops or Low FPS during the game.
We also covered a helpful guide in case you are looking for a fix for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes.
We hope that our guide helped you fix your errors and that now you are playing the game. If you encounter any problems, please contact us with a comment below and we will help you fix your game. – GamesErrors.com Team
If you encounter any issues or errors while playing your favorite games and require support, feel free to contact us here. Our team is always ready to assist you and ensure your gaming experience is seamless and enjoyable.
Thank you guys for this tutorial, it helped me fix my crashes!
Now i can play the game, thank you guys!
Haha, it worked for me! Now I can finally play Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain(tm) without crashing! I can’t wait to shoot every nigger I come across without being booted back to my Coontown wallpaper.
When i run metal gear solid phantom pain it does not load game but i can see that in task manager game is running but there is no display of game plzz some one help me plzzzz
excuse me but i could not make it work it gives me this error everytime … 0xc00007b :'( if u know how to fix it plz help