Grim Dawn Crashing: How to Fix This Issue Instantly
If your Grim Dawn is crashing, you have come to the right place. Get rid of the crashing issue in no time!
Grim Dawn, a very popular RPG, offers players quite a unique gaming experience. However, like any other video game, it is inevitable for some players to encounter crashing issues leading to frustration. Therefore, in today’s guide, we will explore some of the common reasons for Grim Dawn crashes and provide a few solutions that proved to be effective and helped thousands of players.
Why is Grim Dawn crashing?
Facing constant crashing in video games can mean a lot of things. One of the reasons this happens is outdated software such as GPU drivers or even Windows build. Aside from that, it could also mean that your PC is struggling to run the game at certain graphics settings. Not to forget that quite a lot of apps cause interference and conflicts as well.
How to fix the Grim Dawn Crashing issue?
There are a number of things to try when your video game is crashing. However, before going any deeper, make sure to take a look at the following pre-checks:
- Check the system requirements – If your PC doesn’t meet the minimum requirements to run the game, crashing issues will most likely occur.
- Update DirectX – If you don’t have the latest DirectX installed, games such as Grim Dawn will most likely crash.
Once you have checked that, here are the most effective and yet easiest solutions to try:
- Update GPU drivers
- Adjust graphics settings
- Disable third party overclocking software
- Close background applications
- Install the latest Microsoft Visual C++
1. Update GPU drivers
Outdated GPU drivers are well-known for causing crashing issues. Therefore, you must ensure that you have the latest drivers installed. To do so:
- Click on the “Windows” button and type “Device Manager”.
- Expand the “Display adapters” section.
- Right-click your GPU and click on “Update drivers”.
- Go with the “Search automatically for drivers” option.
- Wait until the process is finished and try again.
However, if you want to simplify the process, we highly recommend using driver updating software. One of the best software for that purpose is the Outbyte Driver Updater.
2. Adjust graphics settings
When a game manages to launch properly, you get a few minutes of gameplay without any issues and then it crashes, it could indicate that your graphics settings are too high. This is especially important to check if your PC barely meets the requirements for this game. So, make sure to lower the settings and try again.
3. Disable third-party overclocking software
Quite a lot of gamers use third-party overclocking programs in order to boost performance. While they can be helpful, sometimes they are the main reason you are experiencing crashing. Therefore, make sure to disable any overclocking software before launching Grim Dawn.
4. Close background applications
There are quite a lot of apps that run in the background on PCs of thousands of gamers, and they very often interfere with the performance of video games. That is why it is essential to make sure to close any unnecessary apps before running the game. To do so:
- Click “Ctrl + Alt + Delete” and go to “Task Manager”.
- Click on the app you want to close and click on “End task”.
- As you can select multiple apps, you have to do it one by one.
5. Install the latest Microsoft Visual C++
Outdated Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable files tend to cause crashing in video games. To resolve this, you need to ensure that you have the latest version installed. To do so:
- Go to “Control Panel” and click on “Uninstall a program”.
- In the following list of programs, find and uninstall any Microsoft Visual C++.
- Head to their official website and download the latest version.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and wait till the process is finished.
Additional tips on how to fix Grim Dawn crashing
- Run as administrator – This way you can resolve certain compatibility issues.
- Verify integrity of game files – Faulty or missing game files tend to cause issues such as crashing.
Grim Dawn crashing issues are very frustrating, but with these troubleshooting steps, you should be able to resolve them easily. By following these solutions you can again enjoy the thrilling world of Grim Dawn without any interruptions.
If you encounter any issues or errors while playing your favorite games and require support, feel free to contact us here. Our team is always ready to assist you and ensure your gaming experience is seamless and enjoyable.