Mad Max was released on Steam yesterday, and a few people reported some minor issues with the game that can be fixed quickly.The most common Mad Max errors that players reported are Crashes, Lag, Low FPS or FPS Drops and Game Saving Issues.You can see below a list with all the issues of the game and how to fix them.
How to fix Mad Max Errors:
1) Mad Max Crashes, for some players the game crashes when they try to start it or randomly when they are playing.
Solution: Follow our tutorial at the end of the post to fix the crashes in the game.
“I can’t play the game. I’ve tried different graphic options (low medium or maximum setting) Game stops after the intro. When I’m trying to continue the story after restart, it’s freezing in the middle of loading.”
“Every time I launch the game my screen goes blank and then my PC crashes. Drivers are current, and I have verified my cache, but the problem persists.”
If the game crashes when you try to launch it in full screen, try the windowed mode, and it will fix your issue.To fix the random crashes try to remove the new Nvidia drivers and go back to the old one because the new Nvidia drivers are causing this crashes during the game.
2) Mad Max Lag, some players are experiencing lag, stuttering, low fps or fps drops because they are playing the game on old drivers.
Solution: Check our tutorial at the end of the post to stop the lag in the game.
“Is anyone else getting a random stutter while playing? My game is smooth 100-120 fps (gtx980/ 16go ram i5 3570k 4.2ghz) all the time but sometimes, not frequently, I have this annoying micro-freeze…”
To fix this issue update your graphics card drivers after that disable V-sync and if you are playing the game in windowed mode switch to fullscreen.
3) Mad Max Game Saving Issues, the game sucks at saving screen or the game settings are not being saved.
Solution: You can fix the saving issues by applying our patch to your game, you can find it below.
“I am having a problem where any time the game saves it will freeze for 3-5 seconds does anyone else have this problem?”
“Yep. The game’s crashed five times in a row when I try to load my save. While I’m not unopposed to starting over, I’d like the problem rectified.”
To solve the game being stuck on the saving screen issue try to close any background application that you might be running and also try to verify the integrity cache of the game from Steam.If you can’t save the game settings, you should change them manually from the config file of the game that can be found in the game directory.
4) Mad Max Controller Issues, if you are facing crashing issues and you are playing with a controller this might be the problem.
“Had a problem with the game crashing randomly right from the start of the game, win10+nvidia titanx.
Unplugging the game controller I had removed the crash.
The game controller was a Saitek X52 Pro – it wasn’t being used to the game – mouse and keyboard were being used.
Maybe a general problem with game controllers in conjunction with the game, since there isn’t a disable game controller option.
May help some folks experiencing similar, apparently random, crashes.
Try unplugging any unused game controllers if using another input method like mouse+kb.”
This issue is due to the game files and controller drivers are overlapping, to fix this unplug the controller and play with your mouse and keyboard.If you want to play with your controller, try to configure it with Joy2key, and this might fix your issue.
5) Mad Max Missing Executable File, some players are encountering this error when they try to play the game.
This error is very easy to fix; you just need to verify the integrity cache of the game from Steam, and you are ready to play after that.
Mad Max Tutorial to Fix Major Issues:
Our team of developers managed to release a patch that helps you fix the errors described above. You can see how our patch looks like below, where you can also find a tutorial on how to use it and a download link. Please follow the tutorial step by step before asking any questions regarding your issues. Our patch won’t interfere with your Steam account, it will just change some files and .dll in the game folder in order for the errors to be fixed.
Follow the tutorial below to apply the patch correctly to your game.
How to apply our patch:
- Download the archive of the patch from here: download
- Extract the downloaded archive on your PC, and open the patch from the folder.
- Your GPU will be selected automatically, make sure that you use your dedicated GPU if you have a laptop!
- Select the game executable from the game folder, if you used the default install folder it should be: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\Mad Max”
- Select your issue or issues from the box to the right and click the corresponding “Fix” button.
- After your errors are successfully fixed you can click the “Launch Game” button and play the game.
How to download: Well, you might think that our download service is pretty annoying but is very effective. To download you just need to complete a simple offer, it usually takes a few minutes, and after that, you will be able to download the patch. We use this service because is the only way to support our developers and to keep releasing and updating patches for games. Thank you! We hope you understand us and have fun playing Mad Max!
We hope that our tips helped you fix your Mad Max errors and that now you are playing and enjoying the game.If you have any questions or any other issue with the game that you can’t fix, please contact us with a comment below, and we will help you fix your game. – GamesErrors Team