How to Fix Mad Max Crash, Lag and Other Glitches
Leave any issues behind while playing Mad Max with our killer fixes⚡
Mad Max is available on Steam, and a few people reported some issues regarding a Mad Max crash that happens frequently to some players. Now, we’re going to put a stop to it.
The most common Mad Max issues that were reported are crashes, performance issues, and game-saving problems.
More exactly, different gamers encountered specific issues such as Mad Max crashing on startup, stuttering, or FPS drops that will entirely ruin the gameplay.
That said, we understand your issue and that’s why we provide simple and efficient methods that will get you a Mad Max lag fix and eliminate any low FPS issues.
How can I fix the Mad Max crash or lag issues?
- Repair the game corrupted files
- Get the latest graphics driver
- Remove background processes
- Start the game in compatibility mode
Before trying out the solutions to find the Mad Max crash fix, you should make sure that your PC meets the minimum system requirements to run this game.
1. Repair the game corrupted files
- Launch Steam.
- Go to Library, and right-click on the game to select Properties.
- Change to Local Files and click on Verify integrity of game files.
- Wait for the repair of the game files process to finish.
2. Get the latest graphics driver
- Open Device Manager on the desktop.
- Go to Display adapters and right-click on the driver.
- Click the Update driver option and pick Search automatically for drivers next.
- After the process is done, restart your PC.
GET Outbyte Driver Updater
3. Remove background processes
A practical method to resolve crashing issues on Mad Max is to verify other programs or apps that might interfere with the game.
- Start Task Manager on your desktop.
- Go to the Processes tab.
- Right-click on a background app, and choose End task.
- Do the same for all programs that may crash your game.
4. Start the game in compatibility mode
- Access the game folder on your PC.
- Right-click on the game icon and select Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Now, tick the box that says Run this program for compatibility mode for (pick Windows 7 or 8).
Applying this solution may fix your issue as it makes your system more compatible with the game, in case of any conflicts that may trigger crashes on this game.
Also, if none of the solutions helped you fix it by now, you can still resolve using a useful guide to stop the game from crashing.
💻 Other related Mad Max issues
#1 Mad Max Lag – Some players are experiencing lag, stuttering, low fps, or fps drops because they are playing the game on old drivers.
“Is anyone else getting a random stutter while playing? My game is smooth 100-120 fps (gtx980/ 16go ram i5 3570k 4.2ghz) all the time but sometimes, not frequently, I have this annoying micro-freeze…”
- To fix this issue, update your graphics card drivers, and after that disable V-sync as well.
- If you are playing the game in windowed mode switch to fullscreen.
#2 Mad Max Game Saving Issues – The game sucks at saving screen or the game settings are not being saved
“I am having a problem where any time the game saves it will freeze for 3-5 seconds does anyone else have this problem?”
- To solve the game being stuck on the saving screen issue, close any background application that you might be running and also verify the integrity cache of the game, as shown in the solution above.
#3 Mad Max Controller Issues – If you are facing crashing issues and you are playing with a controller this might be the problem.
- This issue is due to the game files and controller drivers overlapping, to fix this unplug the controller and play with your mouse and keyboard.
We hope that our methods help you fix the Mad Max issues and that you will get to enjoy this classic apocalyptic game world.
If you have any questions or other issues with the game that you can’t fix, please reach out with a comment below.