Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Raid is Not Working? [Fix]
Most of the time MW2 raid is not working due to internet connection problems 🌐
Call of Duty – Modern Warfare II is the 19th installment of the Call of Duty series which was released on October 2022.
However, a lot of gamers have complained of MW2 raid not working, Modern Warfare 2 raid not showing up, and other issues. The issue could be a result of an outdated GPU, corrupt game files, and firewalls. Let’s take a look at some ways to fix it.
Why MW2 raid not working?
- Outdated GPU: An outdated GPU can cause a lot of issues and stop MW2 raid from functioning properly.
- Corrupt game file: If the game file is corrupt you’ll experience issues like MW2 raid not starting and crashes.
- NVIDIA GeForce Experience and overlays: If you use an NVIDIA graphic card, the GeForce Experience and overlays could be the cause of the issue.
How to fix Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 raids if not working properly?
Before you try any of the solutions below here are a few preliminary checks you should carry out to ensure that everything is in place.
- Check your internet connection: Check your internet connection to ensure that the problem isn’t actually caused by a poor network connection.
- Close all background apps: Ensure that you close all unnecessary background apps so that the game can run more smoothly on your computer.
- Check game servers: In some cases, the source of the issue you are facing could be MW2’s server experiencing downtime or undergoing maintenance. So always ensure that you check the server status. You can do this by visiting the Activision Online Support website or checking the game’s official Twitter handle.
Table of contents:
- Update GPU drivers
- Repair the game files
- Turn off NVIDIA ShadowPlay, Instant Replay & GeForce Experience
1. Update GPU drivers
If you are trying to fix the MW2 Raid not working, you must first update your GPU driver before trying other solutions. An outdated GPU can cause many issues such as MW2 raid not working or even MW2 crashing upon PC startup.
- Click the Start key, type Device Manager, and open it.
- Open the Display Adapter to see your graphics driver.
- Left-click on the driver name and select Update driver.
- Select Search automatically for drivers, then follow the instructions to download the GPU driver.
DriverFix – a trusted third-party app, will update your GPU drivers for you if you are unsure whether to do it yourself. Here is how you do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch Driverfix and it will start scanning.
- Click Update All Drivers Now to fix all errors.
2. Repair the game files
If you’re still having issues with the game after updating your GPU, then repair the game files. If your game files are corrupted, the raid will not work and you will keep getting issues like MW2 raid not ready. Here is how you verify the integrity of the game files:
- Steam users:
- Launch Steam and click on the Library tab.
- Right-click on Modern Warfare 2 and select the properties.
- Click local files on the left panel.
- Click on Verify integrity of game file.
- Battle.net users:
- Launch Battle.net and go to the All Games menu at the top.
- Click on My Games on the left panel.
- Select Modern Warfare 2.
- Click on the gear icon next to the update button and select Scan and Repair.
Once you’re done verifying the integrity of the game file, relaunch the game and see if the issue has been solved.
3. Turn off NVIDIA ShadowPlay, Instant Replay & GeForce Experience
Some players have reported that MW2 Raid not starting and crashes occur more often when NVIDIA ShadowPlay and Instant Replay overlays are enabled. In this case, it’s best to turn them off.
To disable the Instant Replay:
- Open the Share overlay.
- Click on Instant Replay and choose to Turn off.
To disable other NVIDIA overlays:
- Open Share overlay and go to Preferences.
- Choose the Overlays option.
- Go to Status Indicator and click Off.
To disable GeForce Experience:
- Right-click on the taskbar and select Task Manager.
- Click the Startup tab in the task manager window.
- Search & select NVIDIA GeForce Experience.
- Click on the disable button.
Additionally, disable Steam and Discord overlay, as well as any overclocking or RGB software you may have running. You can easily disable all third-party apps by performing a clean boot.
🎮 MW2 raid not working Xbox
If MW2 raid is not working on your Xbox console, there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:
- Restart your Xbox: Restarting your console can occasionally help you address any issues you might be having.
- Verify your internet connection. Make sure you have a strong signal and a reliable internet connection. MW2 raid may not be working properly if you are having issues with your internet connection.
- Check for updates; Go to Modern Warfare 2’s main menu, choose “Options,” and then “Check for updates” to see whether there have been any changes.
- Reset your game; You might want to try resetting your game if the previous procedures don’t work to solve the problem. Choose “Options” and then “Reset game” from the game’s main menu to accomplish this. This will return your game to its original settings and could perhaps help you fix any problems you are having.
🕹️ MW2 raid not working ps5
- Restart your Playstation console.
- Verify your internet connection.
- Check if there are any updates for MW2.
- Reset MW2.
Is your MW2 stuck on Press A to Start screen on your Xbox? Make sure to read our article in order to fix the problem.
We hope that the solutions above have helped you to fix the MW2 raid not working. Make sure to drop a comment down below if you have any other suggestions that were not mentioned here.
If you encounter any issues or errors while playing your favorite games and require support, feel free to contact us here. Our team is always ready to assist you and ensure your gaming experience is seamless and enjoyable.
[…] Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Raid Is Not Working […]
Comments are closed.