Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart Crashing on PC: Fix It Quickly
Game crashes usually occur in the most interesting moments of gameplay. That's why you should do everything you can to prevent them! 👾
We noticed many gamers complain about Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart crashing, so we compiled a complete guide for troubleshooting this issue. Follow through with our list of reliable solutions to make Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart stable and gameplay enjoyable.
Why is Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart crashing?
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart is crashing due to temporary issues on your PC, corrupted game files, high temperatures, third-party apps, an outdated GPU driver, pilled-up cache files, unnecessary startup services, or faulty overclock settings.
How to fix Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart crashing?
Here are some easy checks and fixes to begin with:
- Restart your PC: Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart crashing can be caused by temporary issues on your PC, so before doing anything else, ensure you restart your PC if you didn’t do so in a while.
- Check the temperatures: If you don’t want Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart to crash, your PC must be ventilated and appropriately cooled.
- Disable FPS boosters: This includes any third-party software that promises a performance boost, as they can create compatibility issues and do more harm than good.
Proceed with the step-by-step solutions for preventing crashes in Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart.
1. Update the GPU driver
Time needed: 5 minutes
An outdated GPU driver causes performance and stability issues, as your graphics card cannot perform at its full potential. We found out that many gamers ignore GPU driver updates, so here are the steps to follow to update the driver manually.
- Click on the Windows icon, type Device Manager, and open it.
- Double-click on the Display Adapters section.
- Right-click on your GPU and select the Update driver option.
- Select the Search automatically for drivers option.
- Install the GPU driver update.
- Restart your PC.
Are you tired of manually updating drivers and experiencing unnecessary bugs in games? We know we are! That’s why we use Outbyte Driver Updater, a swift tool that handles complete driver management, so we don’t have to deal with it manually.
⇒ Get Outbyte Driver Updater
2. Delete cache files
Every app and game on your PC stores cache files locally so they can launch quickly and run smoothly. Problems arise when these files are saved incorrectly or are corrupted for various reasons. In this situation, it is best to manually delete cache files and let the game generate new ones.
- Use the Windows Key + R shortcut to open the Run dialog, type %localappdata%, and hit OK.
- Use the CTRL + A shortcut to select all files in the folder.
- Press the Delete key on your keyboard to delete all the files in the folder.
➡ If prompted to confirm, click on Yes.
➡ If some files can’t be deleted, click on Skip.
3. Disable startup services
This solution will work for users with many programs installed on their PC since many programs add their services to the startup queue. If you experience Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart stability issues, we advise you to enable only the necessary Microsoft services.
- Use the Windows + R shortcut, type msconfig, and hit Enter.
- Navigate to the Services tab.
- Check Hide all Microsoft services and then hit the Disable All button.
- Click OK and restart your PC.
5. Verify Integrity of Game Files
Faulty, outdated and corrupted game files might cause Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart crashing problem due to a conflict between them or the processes around them. You can fix this problem easily by verifying the game files integrity on Steam. Follow the guide below to learn how to do it.
- Open your Steam client.
- Go to Library.
- From the left window pane, locate Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, then right-click on it, and choose Properties.
- Click on Local Files.
- Now, choose to Verify the integrity of game files…
- Check if your Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart crashing error is gone.
After you ensure you have done everything we suggested so far, proceed with additional solutions for fixing Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart crashing:
- ❌ Disable overclock settings: Although overclocking can be an excellent way to get the most out of your hardware, doing it can cause crashes.
- ⬆ Update Windows: Click the Windows icon, type Check for updates, and open these System Settings. Install pending updates and restart your PC.
- 🔁 Reinstall the game: The last option is to uninstall Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart, restart your PC, and perform a clean game installation.
- How To Fix Games Crashing Due To Low Memory – Expert Guide
- Games Crashing After Installing New GPU: Here’s How To Fix It
- Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart Won’t Launch: Quick Fix
- Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart Stuck On Loading Screen [Solved]
These were the most valuable solutions to resolve Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart crashing issues. Comment with feedback on how it went, and share with us what made the game stable on your PC.