Starship Troopers: Extermination Low FPS: Boost Performance
Update the GPU driver and follow these tricks to boost Starship Troopers Extermination's performance 🚀
If you are encountering Starship Troopers: Extermination low FPS problem on your PC, you are not alone. This article will tell you how to improve the frame rate of this game.
Like other recently released titles, this Action Sci-Fi FPS is also a GPU-demanding game. It is because it has stunning visuals, an excellent in-game environment, and physics.
However, for some users, this item may perform very poorly. They may experience lagging, stuttering, or frame-dropping issues during the gameplay.
What causes poor performance issues on Starship Troopers: Extermination?
Here are the most common reasons behind low frame rate and laggy performance issues on Starship Troopers Extermination:
- GPU driver problem: Outdated, faulty, or missing graphics card driver is one of the most common reasons why this Starship Troopers game may not perform according to your expectation.
- Background processes: Too many background services can take a lot of system resources which is a common reason behind low FPS problems in games like Starship Troopers: Extermination.
- Incorrect settings: Improper settings on Windows 11/10 or the game itself also can affect the performance heavily.
- Corrupted game components: Problematic, buggy, outdated, or faulty components related to this game also can cause the FPS problem.
How do I fix Starship Troopers: Extermination low FPS problem?
We have featured the most effective troubleshooting steps to improve performance in this game. But, before that, do these quick things:
- Make sure that your PC meets the system requirements of Starship Troopers: Extermination.
- Download and install Visual C++ packages and DirectX Runtime and restart your PC.
- Disable your antivirus and firewall.
Now, try the following methods to increase the frame rate on Starship Troopers: Extermination:
- Update the GPU driver
- Enable game and high-performance mode
- Reduce background services
- Repair Starship Troopers: Extermination
- Play with lower settings
1. Update the GPU driver
Time needed: 2 minutes
To solve Starship Troopers: Extermination’s low FPS problem, update the GPU driver to the latest version.
We suggest you use Outbyte Driver Updater to find and install the latest graphics driver on your PC. Many pro gamers prefer this tool because it installs the game-ready drivers automatically, which helps to improve performance on games like Starship Troopers: Extermination.
2. Enable game and high-performance mode
- Press Win + I to open Windows Settings.
- Go to the Gaming tab and click on Game Mode.
- Enable it.
- Now, go to System and then Power.
- Set the Power mode to Best performance.
- Restart your PC.
3. Kill unnecessary background services
Disable the non-essential background services to free up system resources. It will help to gain more FPS from a game like Starship Troopers: Extermination. Here are the steps to follow:
- Right-click on the Taskbar and then go to Task Manager.
- Navigate to the Processes tab.
- Select the process you want to disable and then click on End Task.
- Disable all other non-essential processes.
While disabling, make sure you are only selecting the ones that you know well. Killing any essential services may create other problems.
4. Repair Starship Troopers: Extermination
In some cases, repairing the Starship Troopers: Extermination’s game files can improve its performance. Here are the steps to follow:
- Open Steam or the client you are using.
- Go to the game library.
- Right-click on Starship Troopers: Extermination and then click on Properties.
- Navigate to the Local Files tab.
- Click on Verify integrity of the game files.
- Wait for a while until the process is complete.
Now, play Starship Troopers: Extermination and see whether it still gives low FPS or not.
5. Play with lower settings
You should play this game with lower settings if the above methods fail. We suggest you set the Master Quality to low, disable Motion Blur, and turn off V-Sync and various effects. It should solve the low FPS problem on Starship Troopers: Extermination.
You may still encounter the same performance problem. So, we also suggest you follow these steps:
- Roll back the graphics driver to the previous version.
- Completely re-install your graphics card driver.
- Update Windows to the latest version.
- If it’s a known problem, wait for the next game update.
If you are interested, learn how to stop a game from crashing.
This article has shown how to fix Starship Troopers: Extermination low FPS problem on a PC. If you have any questions, let us know in the comment box.