Summoners War Connection Issues: Working Solutions
If you encountered connection issues while trying to play Summoners War, here you will find everything that should fix them for you.
While playing Summoners War on Steam, you might notice various connection-related issues, such as constant logouts, getting disconnected randomly, and latency. I had an unpleasant encounter with them too. Fortunately, by using my experience and the help of other veteran gamers, I managed to figure out a few solutions to the problem at hand, and I featured the most effective ones below.
How to fix the connection issues in Summoners War?
Before going through the more intricate solutions to fix the connection issues in Summoners War, try these quick fixes.
- Check for Server Outages: You can ensure a smoother Summoners War experience by checking for server outages regularly to stay informed about any temporary disruptions.
- Check Your Internet Connection: You might address the game’s network related issues by verifying and maintaining a stable internet connection, ensuring uninterrupted gameplay.
- Use a Wired Connection: Enhance your Summoners War connection reliability by using a wired connection, reducing the likelihood of disruptions often associated with wireless networks.
- Close Background Downloads: To improve Summoners War connection reliability, you can close unnecessary background processes and downloads, allowing the game to utilize your internet bandwidth more efficiently without interruptions.
If the workarounds didn’t help you fix the issue, apply the following:
- Update Your Network Drivers
- Verify the Game Files
- Clear Summoners War’s Cache
- Use a VPN
- Allow the Game Through Firewall
- Change Your DNS Settings
- Reset Your Network Settings
- Update Windows
1. Update Your Network Drivers
Updating my network drivers allows me to keep my Summoners War connection strong and compatible with the game’s online capabilities.
- Open Device Manager: Press the Win + R and type device manager into the Run dialog box. Press Enter to open Device Manager.
- Expand Network adapters: In Device Manager, expand the Network adapters category.
- Locate your network adapter: Identify your network adapter in the list of devices.
- Right-click your network adapter: Right-click on your network adapter and select Update driver.
- Choose Browse my computer for driver software: Click the Browse my computer for driver software option.
- Select the Following Option: Click the Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer option.
- Choose the appropriate driver: Select the appropriate network driver from the list of drivers.
- Click Next: Click the Next button to install the driver.
- Restart your computer: Once the driver is installed, restart your computer to apply the changes.
2. Verify the Game Files
I guarantee a consistent Summoners War connection by verifying the game files, avoiding any problems that can arise from damaged or missing files.
- Open the game launcher: Launch Stean and open the Library and then right click on Summoners War to open properties.
- Click the Verify Game Files option: Search for the Verify Game Files tool to start the verification process.
- Wait for the verification to complete: The verification process may take a few minutes. Once it is complete, the launcher will notify you if any errors were found and repaired.
3. Clear Summoners War’s Cache
I improve the performance of my Summoners War connection by deleting unneeded files, cleaning the game’s cache, and streamlining the action.
- Locate the Summoners War game directory: Find the directory where Summoners War is installed on your computer, you can do this my using Steam.
- Delete the cache folder: Search for the cache.
- Restart the game: Restart the game launcher and launch Summoners War again. The game will rebuild the cache, which may take a few minutes.
4. Use a VPN
By avoiding potential regional limitations and reducing latency, I use a VPN to secure and stabilize my Summoners War connection, resulting in a more consistent gameplay experience.
- Choose a VPN service: There are many VPN services available, both free and paid. Do some research to find a VPN service that is reputable and has a good reputation for performance and security.
- Download and install the VPN software: Once you have chosen a VPN service, download and install the software on your computer.
- Create an account: Create an account with the VPN service and log in.
- Connect to a VPN server: Select a country or region from the VPN server list and click the connect button.
- Launch Summoners War: Once you are connected to a VPN server, launch Summoners War. The game should now be able to connect to the server.
5. Allow the Game Through Firewall
By allowing Summoners War through the firewall, I fortify the connection to the game and guarantee lag-free online gaming.
- Open Windows Defender Firewall: Press the Win + R and type firewall.cpl into the Run dialog box. Press Enter to open Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall: Click the Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall option.
- Select Change settings: Click the Change settings button in the lower-left corner.
- Locate Summoners War: In the list of apps and features, locate Summoners War.
- Check Private and Public boxes: Check the boxes next to Private and Public to allow Summoners War through the firewall.
- Click OK: Click the OK button to save the changes.
6. Change Your DNS Settings
Changing my DNS settings helped me get a better and more dependable connection to the Summoners War servers, which could lead to faster gaming servers.
- Open Network Connections: Press the Win + R and type ncpa.cpl into the Run dialog box. Press Enter.
- Right-click your network adapter and select Properties: Right-click on your network adapter and choose Properties from the context menu.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties: In the Properties window, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.
- Click Use the following DNS server addresses: Click the Use the following DNS server addresses checkbox to uncheck it.
- Enter the Google Public DNS server addresses: In the Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server fields, enter the following Google Public DNS server addresses:
- Preferred DNS server: 184.108.40.206
- Alternate DNS server: 220.127.116.11
- Click Apply and OK: Click the Apply and OK buttons to save the changes.
7. Reset Your Network Settings
I reset my network settings in order to troubleshoot and improve my Summoners War connection, clearing any potential conflicts and guaranteeing a more consistent online gaming experience.
- Open Command Prompt as administrator: Press the Win + R and type cmd into the Run dialog box. Right-click on cmd and select Run as administrator.
- Enter the following command and press Enter: Enter the following command and press Enter:
- netsh winsock reset
- netsh int ip reset
8. Update Windows
I keep my Windows operating system up to date so that it has the most recent updates and patches, which helps me play Summoners War with a dependable connection.
- Open Windows Update: Go to Start, then to Settings, afterwards to Update & security, and to Windows Update.
- Check for updates: Click Check for updates to check for any available updates.
- Install updates: If updates are available, click Download now and then Install now to install them.
- Restart your computer: Once the updates are installed, restart your computer to apply the changes.
Why is Summoners War experiencing connection issues?
I’ve noticed that if there is a network fluctuation on my side, Summoners War experiences connection issues. Thus, I think that the main problems are unstable game servers and poor overall connections. However, other factors, such as corrupted game files and outdated drivers and system processes, could play a part in this too.
If you apply all of the solutions mentioned, you should be able to fix the connection issues in Summoners War easily. I also recommend that you use a cable connection or your mobile device to play the game for now, until the developers release an official patch. By the way, if you discover any other workarounds, please share them with me in the comments.
Check the following guide, if Summoners War is crashing on your device.