Tales of Zestiria Crashing, Stuttering & FPS Issues [Fixed]
Tales of Zestiria is an English port of the original Japanese version of the game and because of that, it has a few minor issues and bugs. Even if the game has thousands of positive reviews, some users also complained about issues with the game and that they are unable to play it.
The most common Tales of Zestiria Errors that players reported are: Crashing on start or during the gameplay, Stuttering and FPS Issues. Follow the tips and solutions below to fix this errors and other issues with the game.
How to Fix Tales of Zestiria issues and errors?
Your game might crash after Tales of Zestiria logo, or after the selection screen. Also, you might get random crashes when you are trying to play the game.
Most instances of this appear to be caused by systems being set to use 7.1 channel surround sound. Setting your system speaker configuration to Stereo or 5.1 may solve this, or otherwise disabling surround sound. If your sound control panel shows 7.1 or 8 channels, you can try setting it to 2 channel audio.
How to fix Game crashing on initial start or at the language selection screen:
- Unplugging headsets may resolve this.
- Setting your system audio to Stereo may solve this, or otherwise disabling surround sound.
- Look in your system’s sound control panel and try to disable any audio devices you’re not using.
- If these still don’t fix it, go to your Steam library and right click on the game, then select Properties.
- Select the Local Files tab and click Verify Integrity of Game Cache.
This will make sure all the files downloaded correctly and redownloaded anything which is missing or incorrect.
Crashing randomly or a short while after launching the game:
- Make sure the audio device you’re using is set to 44.1khz or 48khz audio quality, as higher quality settings are known to cause crashing in the 1.3 update. Previously these higher audio qualities would just cause crackling or distortion, but now there seems to be instability at those rates.
- If you have an anti-virus make sure to disable it or have it exclude the Zestiria game files.
- Try rebooting your machine.
💧 Screen Tearing and resolution stretching
We know how hard it is to play games like Zestiria while your resolution is stretched or while your suffering from screen tearing, but there are also permanent solutions to get rid of your problems and to return to a smooth gameplay.
1. Screen tearing:
- Make sure VSync is enabled in the game’s graphics settings. Restart the game after applying the changes, as VSync may not work until you restart the game.
- If that doesn’t work, you can open up either the Nvidia Control Panel or ATI Catalyst and force VSync on from there.
2. 4:3, 5:4, 16:10, 21:9 and other non-16:9 aspect ratio resolutions may cause stretching.
- Your monitor or video card may have settings which allow you to readjust the output to counter the stretching.
- Nvidia users can try this:
- Nvidia users can try this:
- If that is not an option for you, then you can try to run the game in Windowed mode at a 16:9 resolution.
🔴 SteamAPI_Init: Failed
Fix this common issue by following the short guide below.
- Go to the steam library, right click on Tales of Zestiriaan.exe then click on properties.
- Set the compatibility mode to Windows 7 under the compatibility tab.
- Check the box for Run this program as administrator then click ok.
⚡ Stuttering and FPS Issues
The game might stutter and you might encounter problems like constant FPS drops or Low FPS overall. However, don’t worry as there are efficient fixes below for your ongoing problem. If your game is running on 30 FPS constantly you can use TZFix to allow Tales of Zestiria to run at 60fps! Your results may vary as running the game faster will stress your computer.
- How To Stop Games From Crashing [Ultimate Guide]
- Games Crashing Without Error Messages: Why & How To Fix This
- How To Fix Games Crashing After Installing New RAM [Expert Guide]
We hope that our tutorial helped you fix your Tales of Zestiria issues and that now you are enjoying the game. If you have any questions or if you encounter other errors, please comment below and we will help you fix your game!