The Lord of the Rings: Gollum Low FPS: How to Boost
You can re-install the GPU driver and follow these tricks to boost performance on The LOTR: Gollum 🚀
You may go through low FPS problems on The Lord of the Rings: Gollum for various reasons. However, this article will introduce such methods that will improve this situation dramatically.
For a story-riched cinematic-styled game like LOTR: Gollum, the frame rate is important. Otherwise, you will miss the original fascinating experience while playing this title. Unfortunately, you may get very poor performance on this game even though you have a high-end PC.
Why my frame rate is too low on LOTR: Gollum?
For any frame dropping, stuttering, or laggy performance problem in this LOTR game, the following things are responsible:
- Problematic display driver: Without a proper driver, your GPU will not perform to its full potential. As a result, you will get low FPS on games like LOTR: Gollum.
- Background services: Antivirus, firewall, and some other background services also can affect gaming performance.
- Corrupted game components: Problematic game components also can cause The Lord of the Rings: Gollum’s low FPS problem.
- Incorrect settings: Improper settings on this LOTR and Windows can cause frame dropping, stuttering, and poor performance issues.
How do I Fix The Lord of the Ring: Gollum low FPS?
To boost performance on this adventure fantasy game, you can follow our methods. But, before that, ensure the following things.
- Make sure that your PC is compatible with the LOTR: Gollum’s system requirements.
- Disable your antivirus and firewall.
- Download and install Visual C++ packages and DirectX Runtime and restart your PC.
- Ensure that you have enabled high-performance and game modes on Windows.
After ensuring the above things, go through the following methods to improve the frame rate of The Lord of the Ring: Gollum on your PC:
- Update the GPU driver
- Reduce background services
- Repair the game files
- Roll back the graphics driver
- Re-install the graphics driver
1. Update the GPU driver
- Open the Windows Search Box, look for Device Manager, and open it.
- Double-click on the Display Adapters category to expand it.
- Right-click on the display driver and click on Update driver.
- Select Search automatically for drivers.
- Step forward and finish the process.
To update the GPU driver on a Windows 11 or 10 PC, you should use Outbyte Driver Updater. This tool can download the latest and most appropriate display driver and install it on your computer with just a single click. As a result, you will get better performance in games like LOTR: Gollum.
2. Reduce background services
You should kill non-essential background activities from the Task Manager. It will help to fix the low FPS problem on The Lord of the Rings: Gollum. Here is how to do it:
- Press Win + X on the keyboard and go to Task Manager.
- Make sure that you are on the Processes tab.
- Select a process and then click on End Task.
- Disable all other problematic and less important resource-hungry processes.
Don’t kill any essential services. It will cause different problems.
3. Repair the game files
To improve the frame rate on The Lord of the Rings: Gollum on your PC, you can repair the game files. Then see what happens. Follow these steps to do it:
- Open the Steam desktop app.
- Go to the game library.
- Right-click on The Lord of the Rings: Gollum and then click on Properties.
- Navigate to the Local Files tab, and click on Verify integrity of the game files.
- Keep patience until it finishes the task.
Relaunch the game and verify whether it has solved the performance issues or not.
4. Roll back the graphics driver
- Go to Device Manager.
- Double-click on the graphics card to open its Properties.
- Navigate to the Driver tab.
- Click on Roll Back Driver.
- Then, follow any on-screen steps to complete the process.
- Restart Windows.
5. Re-install the graphics driver
Time needed: 2 minutes
To resolve low frame rate issues on The Lord of the Rings: Gollum on a Windows PC, re-installing the graphics card can be a very effective method.
- Open the Device Manager.
- Right-click on the display adapter you are using and then click on Uninstall.
- Tick Attempt to remove the driver for this device and then click on Uninstall.
- Restart your PC.
- Depending on the GPU you are using, visit AMD, Intel, or NVIDIA driver download page.
- Pick your GPU model and click on Search.
- Download the driver.
- Install it.
- Restart your PC.
Play the Lord of the Rings: Gollum and verify whether it has improved the FPS or not. In case you still encounter the same problem, lower the preset quality. Disable extra graphical features from the in-game settings. Then see if it has fixed the performance issues or not.
Also, consider updating Windows to the latest version and re-installing the game.
If you are interested, learn the methods to fix LOTR: Gollum crashing.
This article has explained how you can fix The Lord of the Rings: Gollum’s low FPS problem. If you have an opinion or suggestion, let us know in the comment box.