Daymare 1994 Sandcastle Crashing: How to Fix It Quickly
Nothing scarier than when a survival horror game crashes. Continue reading and learn how to troubleshoot it! 👾
Gamers are complaining about the Daymare 1994 Sandcastle crashing issues, so we investigated the matter. We made a complete list of potential causes and paired it with suitable solutions to prevent crashes in this awesome survival horror game.
If the game doesn’t even launch, learn how to force-launch Daymare 1994 Sandcastle.
Why is Daymare 1994 Sandcastle crashing?
Daymare 1994 Sandcastle is crashing due to poor system specifications, corrupted game files, unnecessary background apps, an outdated GPU driver, pilled-up cache files, low virtual memory, problematic startup services, or compatibility issues caused by screen overlays.
How to fix Daymare 1994 Sandcastle crashing?
Apply these quick checks and fixes:
- Check system requirements: Your PC must meet at least the minimum system requirements for Daymare 1994 Sandcastle. Otherwise, it would be best if you upgraded it.
- Verify the integrity of game files: Use the system for game file verification to find and replace potentially corrupted game files causing crashes
- Close background apps: This will prevent compatibility issues that lead to Daymare 1994 Sandcastle crashing.
Apply the solutions listed below to avoid Daymare 1994 Sandcastle crashes.
1. Update the GPU driver
Time needed: 5 minutes
The best method to prevent Daymare 1994 Sandcastle crashing issues is to keep your GPU driver up-to-date. This way, your graphics card will be optimized for gaming, and stability problems are less likely to occur. Follow the steps below to manually do it with Device Manager or use a driver updater tool.
- Click on the Windows icon, type Device Manager, and open it.
- Double-click on the Display Adapters section.
- Right-click on your GPU and select the Update driver option.
- Select the Search automatically for drivers option.
- Install the GPU driver update.
- Restart your PC.
Many gamers don’t like that their graphics card manufacturers enroll updates almost weekly. Since they can’t keep track of it, they use Outbyte Driver Updater, a swift and reliable tool that handles it all for them. No more outdated drivers and no more game errors caused by it!
⇒ Get Outbyte Driver Updater
2. Delete cache files
Daymare 1994 Sandcastle and other games on your PC store cache files so they can launch and run quicker. However, if these files are corrupted, they can cause stability issues, leading to game crashes. Resolve this by deleting cache files from the Local folder.
- Use the Windows Key + R shortcut to open the Run dialog, type %localappdata%, and hit OK.
- Use the CTRL + A shortcut to select all files in the folder.
- Press the Delete key on your keyboard to delete all the files in the folder.
➡ If prompted to confirm, click on Yes.
➡ If some files can’t be deleted, click on Skip.
3. Increase Windows virtual memory
Windows virtual memory serves as a backup to your RAM. When the need for computing overgrows the capacity of your RAM, information is stored on the portion of the disk called virtual memory. We recommend you manually set virtual memory to two times the size of your RAM.
- Use the Windows Key + R shortcut to open the Run dialog, type control, and hit OK.
- Click on the dropdown next to View by and select Large icons.
- Click on the search, type Performance, and click on Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab and hit the Change button under the Virtual Memory section.
- Disable Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.
- Select the Custom size button, enter values 2x of your RAM in MB, and hit the Set button.
- Click OK and restart your PC.
Here are some additional methods to apply to resolve Daymare 1994 Sandcastle crashes:
- 💿 Perform a Clean Boot: This will prevent unnecessary startup apps from booting with the system.
- 🖥 Disable screen overlays: You should already know background apps should be closed while gaming. However, if you keep any app running, at least disable screen overlays.
- 🧹 Perform a Disk Cleanup: Click on the Windows icon, type Disk Cleanup, and open it. Run the cleanup with the temporary files selected.
- 🔁 Reinstall the game: If nothing else fixes stability issues, uninstall the game, restart your PC, and perform a clean Daymare 1994 Sandcastle installation.
- Daymare 1994 Sandcastle Low FPS: How To Resolve It
- Daymare 1994 Sandcastle Stuck On Loading Screen [Solved]
In conclusion, you can fix Daymare 1994 Sandcastle crashing problems by updating the GPU driver, deleting cache files, and increasing Windows virtual memory. Get started by checking the system requirements, verifying game files, and closing background apps.
Don’t forget to perform a Clean Boot and disable screen overlays in running apps. You can also perform a Disk Cleanup to delete temporary files, and if even that doesn’t help, reinstall the game. Good luck, and don’t forget to inform us what resolved your issue!