Destiny 2 Lightfall Stuck on Loading Screen: How to Fix
If Destiny 2 Lightfall is not loading, update the GPU driver, run it as an admin, and follow these steps 🎯
Is Destiny 2 Lightfall stuck on the loading screen? Like you, many others are facing this problem with this new DLC. If you take essential steps, you can easily avoid this freezing problem and enjoy the game.
The Sci-Fi first-person shooter action-adventure game Destiny 2 is indeed a favorite title for avid gamers. Many were waiting for the new DLC Lightfall. But, after installing it, you may notice that the game isn’t loading. It is a big frustration as, unlike the main game, this DLC is not free to play, and you were probably eagerly waiting for it.
Why is the Destiny 2 Lightfall taking forever to load?
The Destiny 2 Lightfall may not load and remains in the launching or loading screen for an infinity amount of time if any of these reasons exist:
- System requirements: System requirement is important. If your PC lacks the recommended specifications for this game, it may not load at all.
- Disk problem: If you have installed Destiny 2 Lightfall on a slow HDD or the disk has some issues, this game will have difficulties while loading and may become stuck.
- Graphics driver issues: When you launch or try to play a video game, all necessary elements need to be loaded on your GPU memory. If the graphics driver is having some problems, it may not happen successfully, which may trigger crashing issues or loading problems.
- Corrupted game components: Game components are necessary to run a game without any problem. Destiny 2 Lightfall will be stuck on the load screen if any of them goes missing or is corrupted.
- Third-party services: Some third-party services, like your antivirus and firewall, also may be responsible for this problem.
What should I do to fix Destiny 2 Lightfall stuck on the loading screen?
We have prepared the best methods that can help you to get rid of the Destiny 2 Lightfall stuck on the loading screen problem. However, before trying our methods, we want you to do the following things:
- Confirm that your PC meets the Destiny 2 Lighfall’s system requirements.
- Install the DirectX runtime and Visual C++ Redistributables.
- Disable your antivirus and firewall to see if it works.
If you still face the problem, go through the following methods:
- Run as administrator
- Update the graphics card driver
- Reduce background services
- Repair the game files
- Update Destiny 2 Lightfall
- Repair disk issues
1. Run as administrator
- Open Steam or Epic Games Launcher, depending on where you have installed the game.
- Go to the game library.
- Right-click on Destiny 2 and click on Browse local files, as shown in the screenshot.
- Right-click on Destiny 2’s EXE file and go to its Properties.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab.
- Check Run this program as an administrator.
- Click on Apply and OK.
2. Update the graphics card driver
- Press Win + X on the keyboard and go to Device Manager.
- Find the Display adapters, and expand it.
- Right-click on the display driver and choose Update driver.
- Choose Search automatically for drivers and complete the process.
3. Reduce background services
- Press CTRL + Shift + Esc on the keyboard to open the Task Manager.
- Go to the Processes tab if you are not already there by default.
- Select the process you want to disable and then click on End Task.
- Disable every other non-essential process in this way.
4. Repair the game files
- Go to your Steam game library like before.
- Right-click on Destiny 2 and go to Properties.
- Go to the Local Files tab.
- Click on Verify integrity of game files.
- Steam will take a while to scan and repair the game files.
If you are using Epic Games Launcher, you will get a similar Repair option. Figure it out and go ahead to fix Lightfall’s loading screen freezing problem.
5. Update Destiny 2 Lightfall
- Go to Destiny 2’s properties from the Steam game library like the previous method.
- Navigate to the Updates tab.
- Click on the dropdown icon of Automatic Updates, and choose High Priority – Always auto-update this game before others.
- Relaunch Steam.
Now, when a new update is available, Steam will immediately download and install it with the highest priority. In other game launchers, you will get similar options.
6. Repair disk issues
- Open This PC.
- Right-click on the disk drive where you have installed Destiny 2 and go to its Properties.
- Navigate to the Tools tab.
- Click on Check.
- Click on Scan drive.
- Keep patience until it finishes the scanning and repairing process.
Now, launch the game and see if you still face the problem or not.
If you still get the freezing-up issues on the loading screen with Destiny 2’s Lightfall DLC, we suggest you try these methods as well:
- Delete local game data.
- Uninstall apps like your Antivirus, Firewall, game booster, etc.
- Free up some disk spaces in the drive where you have installed the Lightfall.
- Re-install the game and the Lightfall DLC.
- Update Windows to the latest version.
We also suggest you see this guide on how to fix crashing problems with any game.
These are the most effective solutions you can apply if the Destiny 2 Lightfall is stuck on the loading screen. If you have any questions or opinions, feel free to let us know in the comment box.
If you encounter any issues or errors while playing your favorite games and require support, feel free to contact us here. Our team is always ready to assist you and ensure your gaming experience is seamless and enjoyable.