Destiny 2 Preservation Mission Not Showing Up: How to Fix
Let's fix when Destiny 2 Preservation mission is not showing up on the map. 🗺
The primary campaign in Destiny 2 has a solid story that is easy to follow even when it’s your first encounter with motifs of this world. Although you are a fan of the FPS genre and SF themes, the game’s concept may turn you off even though you want to enjoy it. And maybe the opposite happens to you: the simplified MMO elements are attractive and suitable for playing in shorter intervals without the annoyance and hassle of gathering a team. The Preservation mission in Destiny 2 requires you to explore and clear enemies from the Pyramid within the Throne World destination. After completing Preservation for the first time, it will be unlocked as a weekly repeatable mission that rewards you with specific gear upon completion. In this guide, we will address the problem of the Preservation mission not showing on the map and how to fix it.
Why is the Destiny 2 Preservation mission not showing up on the map?
The Preservation mission requires you to investigate and clear Scorn enemies from the Pyramid within the Throne World destination. After completing Preservation for the first time, it will be unlocked as a weekly repeatable mission that rewards you with Pinnacle gear upon completion. To even start this mission, it must appear on the map. For this to happen, check your game version, task log (make sure you’ve finished all the needed tasks.), or weekly reset (Preservation mission is only available once each week.).
How do I fix when Destiny 2 Preservation mission not showing up on the map?
If the Preservation mission does not appear on the map in Destiny 2, try the following:
1. Check your game version
Time needed: 1 minute
Ensure you always have the latest Destiny 2 version installed on your system. If you’re unsure what version you currently have, check if any updates or patches are available for your game. Only in this way will you be sure that the game will provide its maximum and that you will not have problems with crashes and other issues.
- Launch Steam client
After opening Steam, navigate to the Library.
- Locate Destiny 2 in the Library.
Right-click on Destiny 2 and select Properties.
- Navigate to the UPDATE option
Click on the Update to check if any is available to download. Another way is if you exit and relaunch the Steam client. The update will start automatically.
2. Check your quest log
Ensure you have completed all the prerequisites to unlock the Preservation mission. You may need to complete certain quests or objectives to unlock this mission.
1. First, you must complete the Hard Evidence quest in Savathun’s Throne World.
2. Second, you get the mission Report: Pyramid-Inspect from the Evidence Board in the Mars Enclave. Completing it is a prerequisite for access to the Preservation mission.
3. Go to the Vow of the Disciple Raid node and look under it for the Preservation quest node.
4. This Preservation mission was unlocked once the Vow of the Disciple raid was beaten.
Also, you can try this: go into the VOW of the Disciple Raid, then abandon the mission. A cutscene will play, and then the Preservation mission will appear.
3. Check the weekly reset
The Preservation mission is only available once weekly, so ensure you check during the correct week. The reset occurs every Tuesday at 10:00 AM Pacific time, so keep that in mind if the mission is not showing up on the map.
If you have tried all the above steps and the issue persists, consider these options:
- Restart the game or your PC. Sometimes, simply restarting the game or PC can fix the issue. Close the game and restart it to see if the Preservation mission is showing up.
- Check with Bungie support for further assistance. Maybe their support can help you solve the problem.
- Destiny 2 Error Code Plum: Tips For Quick Fixes
- Destiny 2 Stuck On Signing In [Quick Fixes]
- Destiny 2 Stork Error: Fix It Quickly
We sincerely hope our tips will help you if Destiny 2 Preservation mission is not showing up on the map. If you have a different solution or additional questions and suggestions, don’t hesitate to leave a comment.