Assassin’s Creed Unity Keeps Crashing on PC: How to Fix
In order to solve crashing errors Assassin's Creed Unity, watch out your GPU Drivers 👀
Assassin’s Creed Unity is reported by many players to encounter a lot of crashes. The most reported are crashes on startup, on the loading screen, during gameplay, and in the first mission.
Assassin’s Creed Unity random crash and crashes every 15 minutes are also reported issues that are making the game unplayable.
💥Assassin’s Creed Unity crashes on startup: may be caused by outdated drivers, problems with the game’s configuration files, or with the game’s installation itself.
💥Assassin’s Creed Unity crashes on the loading screen: this issue might be caused by problems with the game’s graphics settings, outdated drivers, or with the game’s compatibility with your PC’s hardware.
💥Assassin’s Creed Unity crashes during gameplay: can be caused by problems with the game’s saved data, or with the game’s memory usage.
💥 Assassin’s Creed Unity crashes first mission: might be caused by problems with the game’s settings, or with the game’s compatibility with your PC’s hardware.
Why does Assassin’s Creed Unity keep crashing?
Assassin’s Creed Unity keeps crashing due to outdated or incompatible graphics card drivers or corrupted or missing game files. Other possible reasons might include:
- High graphics settings: The game can crash because the graphical settings are too high for your computer’s hardware to support.
- OS issues: The game may crash if your operating system is outdated or has other problems.
- Anti-virus software: Certain anti-virus programs can interfere with the game’s data and lead to problems.
- Conflicting software: The game can crash because of a conflict with another program or software application that is currently operating on your computer.
- Hardware Issues: The issue may be caused by hardware, such as a memory or power shortage of supply.
First, you need to make sure that you meet the minimum system requirements before applying any of our solutions or workarounds to your game.
Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8/8.1 (64-bit versions only)
- Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.3 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or AMD Phenom II x4 940 @ 3.0 GHz
- Memory: 6GB
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 with 2GB VRAM
- DirectX: 11
- Hard Drive Space: 50GB
Recommended System Requirements:
- Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.4 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz or better
- Memory: 8GB or more
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 with 3GB VRAM
How do I fix Assassin’s Creed Unity crash?
- Update your Graphics Drivers
- Verify the integrity of games files
- Run the game with administrator rights
- End the background applications
- Reinstall your game
1. Update your Graphics Drivers
You can update your GPU drivers in many ways. A manual method that you can apply on a Windows PC is to update your drivers using Device Manager:
- Press on the Windows key button to open the Start menu.
- In the search bar type Device Manager and click on it.
- Go to Display Drivers and right-click on your GPU Driver.
- Select Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for drivers.
- Restart your PC.
Your computer’s graphics drivers will perform and function less effectively if they are out-of-date.
To avoid updating the wrong driver or any malfunction of your PC, you can use an automatic tool that will find, download, and install the right driver version on your Windows PC in just a couple of clicks. We strongly recommend DriverFix. Here’s how to do it:
1. Download and install DriverFix.
2. Launch the application.
3. Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
4. The software will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d like or update all drivers at once.
5. Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
6. Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
2. Verify the integrity of games files
- Open the Steam client on your desktop.
- Go to Library, and right-click on the game to select Properties.
- Then switch on Local Files.
- Now, select Verify integrity of game files.
- Repair the found corrupted game files.
3. Run the game with administrator rights
- Open the Steam app and go to Library.
- Right-click on the game and select Properties.
- Navigate to Local Files and click on Browse.
- In the game folder, right-click on the game and hit Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab and select the Run this program as an administrator.
4. End the background applications
- In the Windows search box, type Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab and right-click on a background app.
- Select End Task to eliminate it from the list.
- Repeat the same process for all the resource-consuming apps.
5. Reinstall your game
Another viable solution to get rid of various crashes in Assassin’s Creed Unity is to fully uninstall the game from your PC. You can either uninstall it from Steam or go to Control Panel and find to game on Programs and Features to uninstall it and install it again.
✅ On Steam, you can just be going to Library > Right-click on the game > Hover to Manage and click on Uninstall.
On the same note, we also covered more aspects on how to Fix Assassin’s Creed Syndicate errors, crashes, FPS issues
We hope that our solutions helped you fix your Assassin’s Creed Unity crashing and that you can now play the game. If you have any questions or problems, please contact us with a comment below.
If you encounter any issues or errors while playing your favorite games and require support, feel free to contact us here. Our team is always ready to assist you and ensure your gaming experience is seamless and enjoyable.
Game runs fine but everyone once in a while when I jump to the ground it disappears and I fall into a void of nothing than die anyone else having the same problem?
I have problem with faces. i can only see eyes and teeth,thats very wierd.Does anyone knows solution?
We are going to investigate into this problem and come with a fix for this soon, stay tuned!
its may be a error of pixel shader of ur graphic card ..your pixel shader may b less than a minimum req
I’ve learned the hard way not to buy Ubisoft games at launch, they usually got some issues but thank you for this tutorial!
When I play the game runs fine for about 5 minutes then it just goes black and then I am back at the Ulay screen
Can you start a second walkthrough in the game?
Maybe, we’ll try to do a walkthrough too.
i was downloading assassins creed unity i put in disc five and it said that the setup was rong please instert right disc does it mean my game is stuffed
i have the same problem what does this mean
i have an intel core i7 3770k gtx 780 16 gb ram and the latest driver for ac unity but in some areas with too many crowd my fps can’t go above 50 even if ichange my settings to the lowest 🙁 will this fix my fps problems?
Next time don’t pre order a game. You’re part of the reason why Ubisoft won’t care to fix it because you already gave them your money.
would this work even if I have a 2.9 ghz amd processor (can’t remember name) with my GTX 650ti graphics card to get me up to stable FPS instead of 7-10 fps
I like the game so far. I’m playing the PC version and i haven’t run into any bugs so far. Smooth framerate at 2560x 1440 res, great graphics on ultra settings…and i’ve still never had a problem with uplay. If you liked the other Assassin’s Creed games you’ll like this one
Apart from the framerate drop, which isn’t that bad on the Xbox One (at least not to me). The game is great! Story wise the game is fine, not anything too different from past AC games
Guess they didnt learn from watch dogs
I’ve been able to look past the game’s numerous shortcomings for the most part, but the final encounter (spoiler free) is making that hard to do.
So… did this game actually add anything that isn’t worn out like an old shoe? Black flag was the first Assassin’s Creed game I played since the 2nd one, and it was pretty awesome. But without the ships and stuff, it was still the same old AC crap. This sounds like it’s nothing but the same old AC crap again… Except this time, without the ships and stuff…
This is my favorite AC game so far I love the Co op, paris, the side missions, all the content in the game, and most of all the customization is incredible!
I have really enjoyed playing this game so far! Good game.
Will this run on Intel i7 4700MQ CPU @2.40 GHz 64 bit operating system 8gig ram with Nividia GeForce GT 740M?
Everytime I try to go online I keep getting error code 0x70000093 and rarely error code 0x60000001 when I try going online or anything.
Help me !
After successfully activation AC Unity key cant find game in Uplay games page. Cant start downloading, game does not show up in my games page on Uplay. I send message to Ubisoft support but no answer yet. Any help ?
My game keeps crashing before I even get into the game, and if it by small chance, it lets me play but instantaneously crashes when I’m doing the king of beggars quest log.
Am i the only one that cant connect to coop? my queue seems to go forever and the only way to cancel it seems to be to exit the game
Is anyone else having the problem of adding people to your CLUB and their names showing up as your name?
This fixed my game, thank you!
I have the ACU.exe stop work when I play sequence 2
yeah me too
See this is nice but the xboxone and ps4 still have the problems you just created a fix for the computer and left the counsels alone.
It keeps telling me ubisoft servers are down error 0x60000001 I cant play online…wtf
so my game froze, and I had to open up the task manager and stop the game. I go back and try to restart the game but what do you know? when I click continue it stops loading and says that assassins creed .exe has stopped working. PLEASE help me out here I really don’t want to start a new game
I ll try this out
I have problems with sequence 2 memory 1, it just hangs up in loading, how can this be fixed?
me 2 ,,the same problem
hi.please help me for error ACU.exe has stoppted working
Bought the game yesterday for PC, installed and patched it, but it keeps crashing 5 seconds into the first sequence….
What to do?
No sorry but same story again..
I have also tried to change the graph
I have error 0xc000007b how to fix them
Waiting 3 days for an answer… Ubisoft Support is fast as a turtle!
I will follow your instructions.
Will it wrk for Sequence 7 memory 3 glitch ? 🙁
i have gtx 650.. the ubisoft and nvidia icons run okay but when i get to the press any key screen my screen looks so brightfull. i can’t clearly see the upper right buttons display. i tried changing the brightness but it didn’t help and my game is crashing.. help…
Will this fix the s7m3 glitch? A lot of people have been having it if you could look into it it would really be great thx
I’m having problem with sequence 7 memory 3 will it fix it
I’m on sequence 5 of AC Unity and it says its saving but when I die I go back to the beginning of the sequence. Is anyone else having this problem and I wish they could make a fix for this. Also this is the xbox 1
Hi! I play the game on a pc. I had finished the game, had almost everithing, The rank was Master and i was playing to get Money to buy the rest and to achieve the Legend Rank…But today when I started the game it started from the begining, as if today was the first day…But the actions in Uplay are done as well as the achivements…How do i solve this?
Sequence 2 memory 1 acu.exe has stopped working. appcrash found loading error any solution this please help me
My problem is server error [0*70000107]
You bastard, there are survey!
I bought The Crew and was playing just fine, then all of a sudden it just froze and to this day September 18th 2017 it still freezes on me. I don’t understand why it’s still freezing when other gamer’s have been having the same issue. Also, I have friends that play the game without issue. Can anyone explain this?
thanks a lot!!
Reinstalled unity about a week ago after not playing it for ages. When I exit the customisation menu my whole PC restarts. I’ve reinstalled windows 10 and it still restarts. I’ve looked up fixes and found nothing. Any ideas?
everytime when im starting the game its start from beginning what should I do pls help me
i never buy again games from uplay