Genshin Impact Connection Timed Out: How To Fix It
Getting disconnected from a game is a nightmare. Luckily, we can help you fix this in Genshin Impact 😉.
Genshin Impact has gained immense popularity worldwide, captivating millions of players across various platforms since its release. Unfortunately, the game is susceptible to connectivity issues that get in the way of fun. One such problem is the Genshin Impact connection timed-out error. Players get disconnected from the game when this occurs, which is frustrating. Luckily, we have compiled a few possible workarounds that may help fix this.
What causes connection timed out error in Genshin Impact?
The Genshin Impact connection timed-out error is a server-related issue when your PC fails to connect with the game’s servers. It may be caused by server congestion, overload, downtime, outage, or scheduled maintenance. It may also be caused by poor internet connectivity.
How to fix the Genshin Impact connection timed-out error?
Before doing anything, as a pre-check, do the following:
- Check server status: Check Genshin Impact server status to ensure there are no scheduled downtime, outages, congestion, or scheduled maintenance. If the servers are down, you may have to wait till they’re up to play the game again.
- Check your connectivity: Check your internet connection to ensure it’s stable. A poor internet connection may affect how your PC connects with the game’s servers, triggering errors.
- Close startup applications: Turn off startup programs to free all resources for Genshin Impact.
If these don’t work, try the following fixes:
- Turn off proxy settings
- Update your network drivers
- Change the server region
- Reset your network
- Clear game cache
1. Turn off proxy settings
Even though a proxy server helps keep your internet connection safe and private, it can sometimes trigger issues with games, including Genshin Impact. Turning off proxy settings may help ensure the game launches and runs smoothly. Here’s how to do this:
- Hit the Windows button and type Proxy as highlighted below. Open Change proxy settings from the search results by clicking on it.
- Toggle off the following settings: Automatically detect setting, Use setup script, and Use a proxy server.
2. Update your network drivers
Time needed: 4 minutes
Using outdated or corrupted network drivers can cause connection issues that result in errors, including the connection timed-out error in Genshin Impact. Updating your network driver to the latest version may help solve this problem. Here’s how to do this:
- Run box
Press the Windows key + R to open the run box.
- Device manager
Type devmgmt. msc and click OK to open Device Manager.
- Network adapters
Double-click network adapters to view the list of graphic drivers on your PC.
- Update driver
Right-click on the dedicated network driver you’re using and choose Update driver.
Select Search automatically for drivers and let Windows find and update drivers.
Launch Genshin Impact to see if the error is solved.
Updating drivers manually can be time-consuming. We recommend using Outbyte Driver Updater – a trusted third-party app that automatically updates and installs your network drivers hassle-free.
3. Change the server region
If the servers in a particular region are down, you can change them to a different server region for a better connection. Here’s how to do this:
- Open the Genshin Impact Launcher and then open the game in it.
- Under the Start button, click on the Server option.
- Select a suitable region and restart the game to see if the issue is solved.
4. Reset your network
Sometimes your network may be unstable or too slow, and the game has problems connecting to the server. In this case, you can try a network reset to solve any issues related to your network and restore all settings to their default values. Here’s how to do this:
- Click the network connection icon on the taskbar.
- Click on Network & Internet Settings.
- Under Status, scroll down until you find Network Reset.
- Click on it and select Reset now.
- Select Yes to confirm.
- Once the process is complete, restart your PC and launch Genshin Impact to see if the error is solved.
5. Clear game cache
A corrupted game cache can trigger the connection timed-out error in Genshin Impact. So, clear it to help fix the issue. Here’s how to do this:
- Open the Genshin Impact Launcher on your PC.
- Head to the gear icon at the top right corner of the screen and click on it.
- Click on the Game Resources option.
- Click on the Clear button to confirm to clear resources.
- Click Confirm after getting a message stating Successfully cleared downloaded game resources.
- Genshin Impact Error Code 4201: Why and How To Fix It
- Genshin Impact Won’t Launch: Easy Fixes To Launch It
- Genshin Impact Low FPS: How To Fix It Quickly
There you go – five foolproof solutions to help fix the Genshin Impact connection timed-out error. Feel free to leave any additional comments, questions, or fixes below.