Homeseek Crashing: How to Fix It Quickly
If your Homeseek crashes, we have prepared some of the best tips to fix this issue. Check out this quick guide. 👍
Homeseek is a post-apocalyptic game that combines city building with a survival strategy. It shares similarities with Endzone – A World Apart, Frostpunk, and Ixion. However, as we experienced, with the new game releases, you can expect bugs and glitches like Homeseek crashing in this case. But stay calm. We are here to help you fix the problem quickly and resume enjoying the game.
Why is my Homeseek crashing?
There could be several reasons why Homeseek is crashing on your PC:
- low-end PC
- outdated GPU driver, game, or system
- corrupted game files
- a firewall or antivirus is blocking the game
- interfering apps in the background
- overlay issue
How do I fix Homeseek crashing?
Before our concrete tips, we recommend doing some more uncomplicated steps:
- Check if your PC meets the recommended system requirements.
- Restart the game or your PC.
- Run the game as administrator from the installation folder.
- Verify and repair game files.
Now, if Homeseek still has the crashing issue, do the following:
- Update GPU driver
- Allow Homeseek through the firewall
- Update the game
- Lower in-game graphics settings
- Disable Steam overlay
1. Update GPU driver
Outdated or corrupted graphic card (GPU) drivers can cause various game problems, including crashes, freezes, FPS drops, black screens, stuttering, etc. As a first step, we recommend that you upgrade your GPU driver. Do it manually like this:
1. Right-click on the Start Menu and choose Device Manager.
2. Double-click to expand Display adapters.
3. Right-click on your graphics card and click Update driver.
4. Choose Search automatically for drivers and wait for Windows to install a new GPU driver.
📌 We recommend using Outbyte Driver Updater as a simple and efficient tool to update all drivers on your Windows OS. Unlike manual updates or browser downloads, Outbyte Driver Updater ensures that your system has the most up-to-date drivers, saving you valuable time.
⇒ Get Outbyte Driver Updater
2. Allow Homeseek through the firewall
Perhaps your issue with crashing is due to the Windows Firewall blocking Homeseek. To resolve this, follow these steps:
1. Right-Click on Start, and click on Settings.
2. Choose Update & Security.
3. Select Windows Security from the left and click on Firewall & network protection.
4. Click on the option Allow an app through Firewall.
5. Select the Change Settings button and Allow Another App.
6. Browse to add Homeseek exception to the Firewall.
7. Tick respective checkboxes for Private and Public networks. Confirm changes on OK.
3. Update the game
Time needed: 5 minutes
Homeseek developers will regularly release new patches for the game to fix observed bugs and improve game stability and performance. We strongly recommend checking if a new update is available.
- Open Steam launcher
Select Homeseek from your game Library. Right-click and select Properties.
- Select Updates
Select UPDATES from the left pane and then choose Always keep this game updated.
- Exit Steam launcher
Click on Steam in the menu, and select Exit.
- Relaunch Steam
Steam will automatically check for a new Homeseek update (if any) and install it.
4. Lower in-game graphics settings
If you are experiencing crashes while playing Homeseek, it is possible that your computer cannot handle the game at maximum settings. Consider lowering your graphics settings to see if it resolves the issue. Although the game may appear less detailed, it’s worth it if you can enjoy it without interruptions. Reducing your graphics settings may also improve your FPS and enhance your overall gameplay experience.
1. Launch the game and select Options.
2. Navigate to the Video Settings.
3. Change QUALITY to Medium or Low. Change WINDOW MODE to Borderless or Windowed.
4. Apply changes and play Homeseek to check if the crashing issue is gone.
5. Disable Steam overlay
For a smoother gaming experience and to prevent performance issues, we recommend turning off the overlay function on Steam and other commonly used apps like Discord, Xbox Game Bar, etc. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open the Steam client and choose the Steam> Settings option from the menu.
2. Choose In Game from the left pane and toggle off Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.
3. Relaunch Steam and launch the game to check if the issue is gone.
If, despite following all our advice, you are still experiencing crashing issues in Homeseek, there are several options you can consider:
- Update Windows to the latest version.
- Update DirectX, .NET Framework, and VCRedist.
- Close unnecessary apps in the background.
- Temporarily disable third-party antivirus software.
- Reinstall the game in a different folder or disk.
- Homeseek Stuck On Loading Screen: Quick Ways To Fix
- Homeseek Low FPS: How To Boost Performance
- Homeseek Won’t Launch: How To Fix It Quickly
We advise you not to skip the simpler troubleshooting steps as they can sometimes help you solve Homeseek crashing issue right away. Also, ensure that your Windows OS and game are always up-to-date with all critical drivers (GPU, chipset, sound, network) because you will minimize all game issues. However, don’t hesitate to comment below for additional questions or suggestions.